Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Places to go (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/9247-places-go.html)

clareski 25-08-2012 13:03

Places to go

We will be in PP at the end of September, and looking for suggestions on where to go in the evenings for live music.

Preferences are jazz, blues and soul, dont really like karaoke or singing to backing tracks of Neil Diamond (very popular with some - each to their own)!

Thanks

Lorenzo 25-08-2012 13:30

Live Music

There are quite a few places offering live music but the 'regular' gigs may well have changed a bit by the time you are in PP. Here are just some of the live music gigs:-

At the moment, we always head out to catch The Hustlers rock band on Wed and Friday evenings in O'Hara's. They are fantastic! O'Hara's is just off the main square and opposite Nostalgia. Whilst you may not like CD's being played, there is always a great atmosphere in Nostalgia so a great place to drop into after the gig in O'Hara's. They also do karaoke there but don't let that put you off - the atmosphere there is great fun!

At the moment, The Fat Cats are playing a great live jazz set on Tuesday evenings at the Bar Circulo Cultural on the main square . Quite a few guest musicians and singers join them on occasions so no two sets are the same. Really top class musicians IMO!

There is also often live music in Max's Cafe but not sure which days and who is playing there at the moment. There is usually a poster on the window, letting everyone know though.

You may also like to catch John Lynam on guitar on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at The Hideaway Bar in Gotmar. And on Thursday evenings at present, Guillermo Segui (guitar) and Santiago Bo (saxophone) are playing at Tots Restaurant.

Lots of restaurants also have guest musicians too but the situation changes regularly. For example, David Giverin a very talented saxophonist has a regular gig at the moment in the Corb Mari restaurant. There is often live music at the Daina Hotel and also at Laguna too. Hope this helps!

Sparky 25-08-2012 13:43

Re- Max's Cafe the last i heard John Lynham plays on Saturday evenings and Cacho Petrelli plays on Wednesday evenings :D.

clareski 25-08-2012 13:54

Thanks for a great reply. Is the Corb Mari near to the Tonia Apartments?

Lorenzo 25-08-2012 14:16

Corb Mari Restaurant

Yes, almost next door - just the Voramar supermarket in between if I remember correctly.

clareski 25-08-2012 14:32

Think you may have found me my 'last one before I retire' bar!!!

cumberland8 25-08-2012 18:52

Maxs cafe on a Wednesday is a must if you love quality Jazz ,caught Cacho over the past few weeks with a superb saxophonist.
The standard of music is excellent it really does deserve a visit.

pollensa 26-08-2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorenzo (Post 75301)

At the moment, The Fat Cats are playing a great live jazz set on Tuesday evenings at the Bar Circulo Cultural on the main square . Quite a few guest musicians and singers join them on occasions so no two sets are the same. Really top class musicians IMO!

Will they be playing this coming Tuesday? Any idea what time? Hopefully they are & we'll be able to go along.

(Meanwhile I'll also be at Circulo Cultural 11:30 am Tuesday - do say hello!)

Lorenzo 26-08-2012 18:44

Fat Cats band

At the last count, the Fat Cats were swinging into action around 8pm on a Tuesday evening...... maybe best to double check with Alejandro, one of the owners of Bar Circulo Cultural whilst there for the forum meet up on Tuesday morning as things can and do change!

Sparky 29-08-2012 18:22

I just saw this on FB.
Guillermo and Santiago F Bo Company performing at "U Gallet", Pollensa, every Sunday evening.