Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Guitarist Mariano Miranda (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/7113-guitarist-mariano-miranda.html)

Spstoneys 08-03-2011 20:01

Guitarist Mariano Miranda

Does anybody know if the fine guitarist, Mariano Miranda, still plays in PP, please? We saw him last June and enjoyed the free concert.

Sparky 08-03-2011 20:21

Yes i believe he will be playing some nights in Ca'n Josep. :D

lollipop 09-03-2011 09:24

Yes Sparky, that is what Josep said and I am sure he will be playing at other venues as well.

Disorderly 09-03-2011 13:57

I believe that he actually lives in Argentina and returns to PP every summer. As well as C'an Josep he can often be found at The Daina and Zarzarles.

He's also a very nice guy.

Duncan

kate1 09-03-2011 18:01

I think he's around from May to September - sadly we always seem to miss him as he is there out of season!

He has a good website through which you can buy CDs. A very talented guy.

BonysLad 09-03-2011 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 55350)
I believe that he actually lives in Argentina and returns to PP every summer. As well as C'an Josep he can often be found at The Daina and Zarzarles.

He's also a very nice guy.

Duncan

Duncan

He is indeed . He is Argentinian, from Buenos Aires .

Was listening to him one night in Josep's and a very nice couple came in with their blind son of about 21 years old. Tragically this lad lost his sight through illness in his early teens. Anyway later in the evening they asked Mariano if the son could play his guitar.

Well he just blew us away with his playing. Mariano was the first to lead the applause.

Just wondering in the off chance that his parent's read the forum how he is getting on ?

BonysLad

Andrew & Pat 12-10-2012 20:10

A maestro!

He certainly is still playing. We've just returned from a wonderful week in Puerto Pollensa where we spent a wonderful evening at the Daina Hotel with him. Unbelievable skill, enthusiasm and total, infectious love of his music.

Mama Mia 14-10-2012 18:19

Hes fantastic, have bought two of his CD's. Not sure if he plays outside the peak season though.

smg 29-05-2013 07:15

Plays in the piano bar at club pollentia resort on Tuesday s. A brilliant performance last night.....had the crowd spellbound for over 2 hours.

animagic21 30-05-2013 18:41

Spoke to some friends just back from PP, they said he was playing at the Daina on Weds evenings!!!

Les Singleton 30-06-2013 16:47

Website - where?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 55370)
I think he's around from May to September - sadly we always seem to miss him as he is there out of season!

He has a good website through which you can buy CDs. A very talented guy.

Hi Kate,
We saw MM at Purto last year, he was awesome! I bought 'Guitarra 5' from him, and thought it would be rubbish (but wanted to make a donation) - WRONG - it's GREAT. I tried to contact him on his Hotmail address, but no reply :-( I've looked high and low for a website, but can't find one. I've also tried to buy morte of his CD's, but again, can't see them on sale (except at his venues). We're hoping to go back to PP later this year, and we're hoping HE will add to the magic of our holiday like he did last time.
If you DO know where I can buy more of his CD's, please reply to me.
Thanks

smg 30-06-2013 20:43

Plays in the piano bar at club pollentia resort on Tuesdays. worth a bus / taxi ride

tangofan 01-07-2013 10:15

Smg - no need for the bus or taxi - he is still at The Daina on Wednesday evenings at 8.30. Les - plenty of CDs for sale too! If you are not sure of any of the tracks he will play a brief few bars for you!

PP_Kev 01-07-2013 10:22

I would recommend guitarra 4 (red cover), there is definatly tracks on there most should recognise!

smg 01-07-2013 14:03

got 'em all, think a couple have video on them as well, but never watched those