Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca

Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca Nights out, discos, music bars, cinema, theatre ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 17:50

Default PP for teenagers

Never been to Mallorca before and like the look of Puerto Pollensa. I've seen suitable apartments within our price range in the Marina area but am starting to wonder about the areas suitability for teenagers. We will have 2 teenagers with us - 16 & 17 years. We're hoping to do activities some of the days, and are all very fond of our food so will be sampling local restaurants in the evening, but will there be any other evening 'entertainment' that could keep them(and us) happy?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 20:14

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum, great choice of destination, I am sure if you do choose to go to PP you will have brilliant time, its a great family resort with enough to keep you all entertained. There are numerous restaurants, café and bars to choose from in the evening, its a safe family oriented resort, so if your 16-17 year olds want to go off on there own they will be able to find plenty of their own age around as well. We have noticed an increase in this age group with many of them eating out on the own in the evenings, a lot are children of boat owners and families who spend the whole summer there. Some of the larger complexes have organised entertainment which you can attend, flamenco shows etc, if you like that sort of thing as well, have a look around the rest of the forum for more detailed info. hope this helps

On island time!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:12

Hi Annie,, I have 3 teenage boys age 14 , 15 , 17. And for the 2 weeks we were there they never got bored once. They took their lap tops and found internet cafes which amused them for a couple of hours a day catching up with friends in England. Swimming pool, there are a few beach things to do, do nut rides etc.. Actually our boys love the volleyball court on the beach which is free. PP is so safe that they can go off and find there own fun. And they met some girls last year and ended in the Lemon lounge most nights watching the hilarious and ever so slightly tacky tribute acts.. They will have a ball..
Old 10-01-2011, 12:33

Hi

We have been visiting PP for many many years and so the babies and children we first started visiting with are now all into their teens/20's but have never tired of PP. I did at one time wonder whether they loved it so much because it was a "home from home" and how they would take to PP if they were visiting themselves for the first time.

However, last summer as a post GCSE treat I came to PP with my daughter and 7 of her friends ............. only 2 of whom had visited PP before. They all loved the place .......... so much that they want to come back again and some of them have even talked their parents into taking a family holiday in PP.

I think they love the freedom, the fact that they feel safe, the fact that whilst we got "attention" ............ well what can you expect when you have 8 gorgeous 16 year olds ............. at no time did they feel pestered, there were no yobs hassling them, they could have a nice meal at a nice restaurant and then go for a few drinks and a dance and wander home after having a great night out..

Interestingly, I did venture into Chivas ( really cheesy disco, I went with them because I thought it may be full of middle aged waiters looking for vulnerable english girls but no it was full of teenage english and spanish kids - average age about 16 ) I have to say I felt as though if I were half my age I would have been the oldest there by a country mile ........... anyway the girls had had enough after about an hour and much preferred to spend their evenings dancing away in Nostalgia and Batacuda with mixed age group clientel or rocking the night away in O Haras to the fantastic Hustlers ( Funny how they started off by turning their noses up and commenting that it was "old peoples music" and 10 mins later were dancing away )

During the day they just chilled on the beach, went round to formentor on the boat, swam in the pool and went off on the Kayacs one afternoon

Other slightly older members of the family have gone off and done the Ibiza thing one year and then on subsequent years have returned to PP with girlfriends/boyfriends rather than go off to Ibiza. To quote my 19year old nephew ...... Greece/Ibiza is fine for with the lads but if you want a proper holiday with your girlfriend it just has to be PP

So I think they will love it, they will have a great time and providing they take the usual safety precautions ( nowhere is 100% safe ) they will be fine

Last edited by its cd; 10-01-2011 at 16:01.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:36

Fantastic post as usual CD.. You always make me want to go NOW
Old 11-01-2011, 12:49

My daughter has just turned 18 and loves the place, although she has been coming for 18 years!

Last summer her and a couple of friends came out on their own and had a ball.....meeting old friends and making many new ones in the bars and on the beach (when they were up in time) and we knew that they would be safe and looked after by her local friends.

They are off to Magaluff this summer, but I know that she would love to be in PP at sometime for a 'quality' holiday.
Old 11-01-2011, 13:54

How about a trip on the bus into Alcudia? I am in negotiations at the moment with my 18 and 15 year old sons about a family holiday in PP, which is somewhere they love. The 18 year old wants to bring his girlfriend and is keen to experience freedom abroad. I would be happy for them to go and have an evening in Alcudia where there is much more to do, although the go karts have gone and the track is a Lidl
That said they are happy to go to PP and love to eat out and wander along the Pinewalk just as we do.
Old 11-01-2011, 17:58

My nephews went to Alcudia one night and came back after a couple of hours and went in o'haras ..... Much preferred the atmosphere

Last edited by its cd; 21-01-2011 at 00:22.
Old 20-01-2011, 16:51

Thanks so much for all your replies. Have now booked flights and am in the process of booking the apartment - July seems so far away though!!

Last edited by AnnieChance; 22-01-2011 at 18:32.
Old 09-02-2011, 18:32

Default Teenagers!

Husband and I are holidaying with our 16 year old daughter and her best friend in Puerto Pollensa in August. We hoped we'd chosen somewhere the girls would have some entertainment, but not anywhere near the "clubbing" extent! The information here is great - feel it will probably turn out to be just about right for all of us! Thanks!

Deedee
Old 10-02-2011, 11:22

You will have a great time. It is so safe and friendly you will be able to let them have some freedom. Be sure to tell them to go and have a good laugh at some of the tribute bands at the lemon lounge.
We are also there in August with our teenage boys, and they never get bored.
Have fun
Old 10-02-2011, 17:18

Always remember a good friend of mine telling me "I don't suppose my boys will want to come out with us for much longer now they're in their teens".

They're now in their mid twenties..... and haven't missed a summer in 'El Puerto" yet!