Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca

Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca Nights out, discos, music bars, cinema, theatre ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-2010, 19:34

Ok can someone ( Sparky ? or Chris himself as I think he posts ) please give me the definitive Hustlers programme from 21st Oct until 25th Oct inclusive.

My dilema is that daughter and friend are arriving around midnight on Friday 22nd and so this scuppers my plans to take Mr CD to see them at OHaras as he needs to do the airport taxi run ( Yes I know I could do it but I'm just a weak defenceless female when it suits, so can't be expected to drive ALL that way , so late at night , he he )

So before I end up shelling out for a Cab (which grates when we will have paid for petrol we don't need due to the horrible Full Full policy of the car rental firms) .... I need to know where else they are playing in order to just take him to see them another night and leave him free to taxi on the Friday ( will obviously have to go to O'Haras myself on Friday just to check they still great he he )

Also ....... are they as good in the other venues as they are in O'Haras ..... asking this because when I saw them in O Haras a few weeks ago they played until really late and the later it got, the better the music got ..... so I am wondering if they just save all their really good stuff for the late night in O Haras

Help

PS: Sparky ....... help me out with this one and I owe you a few drinkies in Nostalgia
Old 16-10-2010, 19:46
Super Moderator

Hi CD, i am going to Nostalgia later and will pop across to O'Haras and try to find out for you .
Old 16-10-2010, 19:49

What wonderfull Service

You truly are a bright Spark(y)

thanks
Old 16-10-2010, 20:02
Super Moderator

LOL!!! CD, i might not be tomorrow morning .
Old 17-10-2010, 00:30
Super Moderator

Hi CD, the Hustlers are still playing O'Haras on Fridays and Mondays at about 10ish so no rush.
The only busy place tonight in and around the square was Nostalgia, the Australian Bar has closed for the winter, Bonys was open but it's getting a bit chilly to sit outside. See you next week
Old 18-10-2010, 19:18

[QUOTE=its cd;51395]

Also ....... are they as good in the other venues as they are in O'Haras ..... asking this because when I saw them in O Haras a few weeks ago they played until really late and the later it got, the better the music got .....QUOTE]

CD

A similar correlation is often reported in relation to the attractiveness of the opposite sex......

Adios

Dave
Old 21-10-2010, 21:53

Thumbs up The Hustlers

Am just back from a few days in Puerto Pollensa. Had a great time and am happy to report that the Hustlers were brilliant on both occasions we went to see them

I managed to have a brief chat with Chris of the Hustlers. He said that he thought that the Monday gigs in O'Hara's might not go on for much longer but the good news is that the Friday ones will continue.

The Hustlers also often perform on a Sunday night in 'Hostal Paris'. This Sunday we were treated to the band being joined at various stages by Santiago with his saxophone, a lovely clarinet player and also a harmonica player.
It all goes to show what an exceptional band they are - allowing other musicians to jam with them and come up with a great series of sets.
Old 21-10-2010, 22:09

Thanks for the update Lorenzo. I am pretty keen to hear what they are like and hope to see them if possible in November. Will have a wander round where you have suggested and hope to bump into them.
Old 21-10-2010, 23:07

Default The Hustlers

Thanks Belladonna - I am sure you will enjoy the band!
They are brilliant!
Old 21-10-2010, 23:12

Looking forward to catching them a week Friday in O'Hara's
Old 26-10-2010, 23:24

Anyone who is in PP on a Friday and a Sunday and wants to see just how versatile the Hustlers are should really try to get to O Haras and Hostel Paris

They play a similar set at both but the atmosphere is so different ( or it was on 22nd and 24th anyway ) ..... O Haras was at its bouncing best with a really great , lively atmosphere and such a fantastic eclectic mix of clientel ..... watching the band and the crowd from the balcony is an absolute joy.

Then came Hostel Paris on the sunday ..... wow it felt like we were watching a private performance, the band were that little but looser, they were joined by a sazophonist, they were improvising and jamming and thoroughly enjoying themselves ..... almost felt as though I had happened upon one of their rehearsals

2 great nights, quite different but wouldn't have missed either
Old 11-11-2010, 18:16

Anyone give me an idea of where Hostal Paris is? direction say, from the square?
Old 11-11-2010, 18:24

I had to google it too, as we hope to see them next week. Im not sure if this map link will load, but if it doesn't, just google Hostal Paris and click onto a map link.

Google Maps

Just tried it and it does work!! Happy Days!
Old 11-11-2010, 21:44
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheport View Post
Anyone give me an idea of where Hostal Paris is? direction say, from the square?
Details of all the hotels & locations are on the main website. The entry for Hostal Paris is here puertopollensa.com/hotels_apartments_pollensa.html#paris
Old 13-11-2010, 00:08

Default The Hustlers

The good news is that The Hustlers are definitely still performing in O'Hara's on Friday evenings and Sunday evenings in Hostal Paris.
Am looking forward to seeing them this week!