Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca

Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca Nights out, discos, music bars, cinema, theatre ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2007, 01:57
reflex001

Default bad experience of pp - Chivaz - anyone there Friday?

Just back from a week in pp with my gf and had a bad experience of the chivaz nightclub. Went there about 1am together (friday night/saturday morning) and basically had an argument so I stormed off (big mistake).

Then I get a text saying she'd been pushed against a wall outside somewhere because she got lost trying to find me (my phone battery way dead). She later told me she got sexually assaulted when this happened. To cut a long story short I didn't see her again till 5am. She got extremely drunk and spent 70 euros on drinks, was there on her own and was wearing a short dress. She can't remember whole chunks of the night.

Regarding the assault she said it was two men in a car who were driving about and it happened on the back streets. She screamed and they got scared off. She said she remembers them saying 'jarva jarva' then shooting off. Does anyone know what this means?

If anyone was there that night please let me know. She was wearing a short blue sexy dress and had blonde hair. She chatted to and danced with many people there that night. I'm terrified that perhaps her drink was spiked or something.

Sorry to have to post a depressing message like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2007, 03:14
smiddy

Default Chivas

Would be interesting to hear of any other alleged incidents, some of us have been coming to PP for decades now and what were once babies have now grown up and are wishing to use establishments such as these, we need to know wether or not they are safe.
Old 20-06-2007, 17:05

Default Re: Chivas

From recollection there have been a few posts over the years about problems with this particular venue. Or more correctly, people who have been there having problems, usually afterwards.

I suspect that it is all relative. Such incidents are more than unfortunate from the point of view of those affected, but I would be very surprised if its 'record' were anything but clean compared to a similar venue in Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester or London.

As usual, a case of keeping your wits about you and not wandering off on your own, in a daze, at 3.00 a.m.

allanglens
Old 20-06-2007, 17:31
smiddy

Default Chivas

Allanglens, Good point, i'm sure you'll always attract the odd undesireable to these places, although i shouldn't be to difficult for the police to keep a closer eye on whats going on outside.
Old 20-06-2007, 19:09
rachel23

Hi all,

I am in my early twenties and have been going to the Port with my parents from I was little. However last year, I went with a male friend who happend to be gay and found Chivas very gay friendly and loved the music and atmosphere.

We went to Chivas most nights at around mid-night and having travelled to the Port many times I would know staff in some of the hotels and bars bumped into alot of them in Chivas after they had 'clocked off' ...also knew a few of the locals and found them very friendly.The staff in Chivas are all very sociable and I didn't once feel uncomfortably.

One night towards the end of our holiday there seemed to be a scuffle broke out, however the staff had the dancefloor cleared and everything sorted as quick as it started.

Although Like any nightclub in the UK I would always advise anyone to be careful and vigilent especially a girl.

But with Chivas I would feel more than safe and will prob pay it a visit next month
Old 28-06-2007, 01:54

Thought a long time before I posted this but it made me wonder. My daughter and her boyfriend were also in Chivas on the Fri 15th June. We had arrived that day and they were leaving early on Saturday for a 10 am flight.

We had dinner with them that evening and then went to R bar for a drink. Chels, our two friends and myself then went back to the apartment around 1 am. Luckily I set my alarm for 7.30am as when it went off I realised that said daughter and boyfriend hadn't woken up..and were in fact practically unrousable! After much panic and last minute packing they did catch their flight!

At the time I was really angry that they could have drank so much but, since talking to my daughter and thinking of the state they were both in, this was a very bizarre and out of character incident. Don't get me wrong my daughter likes to party hard , as they do, but I have never seen her like that before. She told me her boyfriend never gets in that state and we know him to be very responsible..especially when he has to drive! Chels had to drive them to Palma and was VERY >:
My daughter has been going to PP since she was 7 (now 25) and worked there for 4 months last year so she is not a naive holiday maker.

I have not mentioned to her about the above post but she has since said to me that she wonders if their drinks were spiked as she cannot believe they were both almost comatose . We had to scream and shake them awake..very scary.

Coincidence probably but strange that it was on the same night.

Debs
Old 28-06-2007, 23:15
rachel23

Hi Debz,

As I have said above I am in my early twenties an like your daughter been travelling to PP since very small... I wouldnt consider myself a naive traveller either and never found fault with Chivas before... however this year we are travelling out with my 18 year old sister and friend who wouldnt be the most worldly wise due to their age, both have expressed an interest in Chivas... previously I would have told them to go and enjoy themselves ... should I be concerned now after 15 June do you think... be interested in your opinion ... thanks
Rachel
Old 29-06-2007, 02:34

Hi rachel,

I'm sure they will be ok as in all the years my 'kids' have been going to Chivas I've never known there to be any trouble..apart from having to avoid the advances of a certain pervy old waiter who thinks he stands a chance . You probably know who I mean if you've been going for years

I'd probably advise your sister and friend to keep an eye on their glasses all night and to be cautious, but I really don't think Chivas is worse than any UK nightclub. Having said that my daughter and boyfriend were both in a terrible state...not 'normal' merry drunk, they were completely out of it. And it does seem odd that there were two incidents on the same night.

Debs
Old 02-07-2007, 15:47
klad1

Can you really say there were 2 incidents in the same night? I think Chivas is being a little unfairly treated here. Was the first incident really Chivas related? seems it was an argument that got out of hand and involved too much drink. The "assault" was in the back streets and not in Chivas.
My sons and their friends of both sexes have been going to Chivas for a few years now and have never had any problems. We always advise them to stay together and be on guard for drink spiking but I think that is sensible advice for any nightclub/bar you visit be it in Pollensa or the UK.
Old 02-07-2007, 17:17

Hi klad1,

When I said two incidents I really wasn't making a slur against Chivas,far from it as I have always said how I think it's as safe as any club. I've spent many a fun night there..admittedly not for a few years 'tho I was just replying to the original post as it was strange that my daughter had been there on the same night, and during the 10 years she's been going to Chivas I have never seen her in the state she was in that night. I also said that it was more than likely a coincidence.. but when spiked drinks were mentioned it struck a chord, as my daughter said to me days later that she wondered if hers had been.

I too was just bringing to peoples attention that they should be on their guard and would certainly never deter anyone from going and having a good evening.

Debs
Old 12-07-2007, 04:43
smiddy

Default Chivas

well my daughter and her friend (16) went there everynight and had no trouble at all, they loved it. Some of the waiters go there and i asked about the spiking drinks problem, i was assured this was not a problem. However there are always rogues who might try this sort of thing, the advice to all girls is the same as always, stick together and never take your eyes off your drink, if you do then throw it away.
Old 02-06-2008, 16:56

Went to Chivas last week. I think it's far too early in the season as there were 10 people in there including me and my friends, and when we first got there we were the ONLY ones in there! Seems the locals like to just sit around the bar and watch the girls dance. When high season kicks in I can see this being v busy. It's actually a good club! Music is the same as you'd get in r&b clubs, everything that's in the charts right now. Just needed to be busier. We got there at 1am as well so it had been open a good 2 hours (opens 11pm-6am and is 5 euros before 1am and 8 euros after)
Old 02-06-2008, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmajt81 View Post
Went to Chivas last week. I think it's far too early in the season as there were 10 people in there including me and my friends, and when we first got there we were the ONLY ones in there! Seems the locals like to just sit around the bar and watch the girls dance. When high season kicks in I can see this being v busy. It's actually a good club! Music is the same as you'd get in r&b clubs, everything that's in the charts right now. Just needed to be busier. We got there at 1am as well so it had been open a good 2 hours (opens 11pm-6am and is 5 euros before 1am and 8 euros after)
Hi Emma,
Chivas doesn't get going until 3am usually so regardless of time of year, at 1am you won't find too many people there. Most people go there once O'Hara's and other bars close. I was there in May and thought I was really hard core in managing to stay up until 4:30am, but as we left the club, people were still coming in!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 14:44

ah I see! Well were dead on our feet at 2.30am so there was no chance of staying later! We were bored of the pubs by then and needed a change of scenery. I guess the motto should be to start your night out at 11pm and have a very late dinner!!!

Was a good club though.