Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca

Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca Nights out, discos, music bars, cinema, theatre ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2001, 16:01
borledi

Default IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON

Hi,
my wife and I will be staying in puerto pollensa from 22/6 for two weeks, at our friends apartment, can anyone let me know if there is anything going on during our stay there.
Where are the best places to go for some evening entertainment.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2001, 03:40
Founder

There isn't really any specific entertainment in Puerto or Pollensa town although the hotels often have something arranged. Most people are happy to wander up & down along the front & along the Pine Walk or sit at the cafes & watch everyone else walk up & down.... Or sit & eat in the cafes and restaurants around the town square. Similarly there are cafes and restaurant around the market square in Pollensa town. Some of the bars do have live music. There is also one disco called Chivas www.pollensanet.com/chivas/

If you want to see a show etc. there are excursions to shows such as Son Amar (see post on this forum) & Pirates. These can be arranged through any of the local travel agents.

For real night life you can always visit Alcudia a little way down the coast!
Old 09-04-2002, 21:03
entertainment

Default entertainment

I have been visiting Pollensa for well over 20 years, and i can assure you there are some good bars to go to in the town if you are after a good ngiht out. There is an irish bar called mulligans just off the square, which is good fun (as well as tango's opposite it), and a nice place to sit outside to till late into the evening. There is also a bar called Fat Cats on the formentor road ,it is upstairs, which is also really nice. Also El Casanet on the front hich is very lively. there arent that many older people in the town, it is mainly younger people but it is till a brilliant place to go, and the night life is the main thing i go back for. Hope you enjoy it. Beware the night club chivas is brillian tbut oly if you have emptied the whole contents of a bottle of telquila in your mouth!!
Old 11-04-2002, 04:17
entertainment

Default entertainment

The two weeks after 26 June will include the fiestas of St Peter (patron saint of fishermen), always well celebrated in fishing or former fishing towns. The events will be centred around the 29th June, but you'll find more action in Puerto Alcudia (concerts, fairs, processions, fireworks, etc) than Puerto Pollensa which combines its St Peter fun with that of the town's patron saint (Virgen del Carmen) in the two weeks from July 6ish. So you might catch some of the concerts in Pto Pollensa square towards the end of your holiday. Otherwise just wander round the town and listen for the music you like.
Old 13-04-2002, 16:33

Default Re: entertainment

Other than the bars outlined by "xx", I can't really think of many places geared towards kids. PP is a family resort, and can be a little quiet after 1 pm. We enjoy finding somewhere nice to eat, and afterwards strolling about to find a bar. The main Sq is always bustling, especially during the fiesta, and we liked cafe L'Algar for cocktails, Sangria and ice-creams. You will find lots of places offering live music. Tango's offers music whilst dining, and the Hotel Daina has entertainment some nights off the Pine Walk at it's swimming Pool (both can be a bit cheesy - but hey you're on holiday!) We often had drinks at the hotel Miramar, as it's very centrally placed on the Pine Walk, and the perfect place to watch the world go by. If you really want nightlife, you could always jump in a taxi to nearby Alcudia as Ann suggested, where you'll find plenty to do.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:50
nightlife

Default nightlife

ive been going to pollensa for five years now and never been to chivas - where exactly is it?im not entirely sure.
can anyone recommend anything in Alcudia either for two 19 year old girls!
thanks
Old 07-05-2002, 13:59
chivas location

Default chivas location

Chivas is just off Puerto Pollensa's main square. If you stand facing the front of the church it's on your right just past the school. Comes alive after midnight I'm told.
In Alcudia there are loads of places for 19 year olds, you'll probably find the Menta disco has something you'll like. Enjoy.
Old 15-05-2002, 15:57
alcudia and more nightlife

Default alcudia and more nightlife

If you are staying in Pollensa it takes about twenty minutes to get to Alcudia by taxi. It normally ends up a couple of quid. There is a really big night life in alcudia including the night club menta which i havent been to for a few years seems to have gone a bit gay!!! Just ask for the town center and you'll get there. My cousin also helps organises trips down to Magaluf to all the big clubs including BCM. So if you fancy that? Apart from that i still think Pollensa has a superb night life, the bars are wicked and everyone is so friendly. A good place to go if you enjoy an early drink is th I'lla Dor Hotel. The big white one at the end of the bay. Cocktails at six!!! The atmosphere is a good laugh, and you can always meet peple up there.
Old 22-05-2002, 02:36
v.helpful

Default v.helpful

thank you both all for replying to my comment-its been very helpful. thanks ann for giving me directions to chivas, hopefully i will make it there- unless my vision is slightly blurred due to copious amounts of alcohol.
and thank you xxx? i think i may venture into alcudia - i do find it hard to move from pollensa and puerto pollensa though because the people are so kind and the atmosphere is brilliant- but i will force myself from that lovely place and look further a field, i do have two weeks out there so i should find the time at some point.
oh yes, do you mean that I'lla Dor Hotel is in puerto pollensa or pollensa.
and to anyone who hasn't yet been to(old town) pollensa yet then i suggest you do, its magical!