Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Found a jewel Mr Greens and Nicky Liles (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/12374-found-jewel-mr-greens-nicky-liles.html)

fil6699 24-08-2015 11:14

Found a jewel Mr Greens and Nicky Liles

On Saturday night we drove the short distance to Sa Pobla and we were treated to what can only be described as probably the best meal and service we have experienced here in Mallorca for many a long year.
And to add to the wonderful experience Nicky Liles was singing during dinner. Some of you may have seen Nicky perform with Denis in their rock and roll show.
Nicky has the most versatile voice you will probably ever have the pleasure of listening to she sings during dinner the volume is perfect her song choice is a delight and her voice well you need to go and listen you will be blown away.
If you want a night away from the port but not to far and you want something a little special and not crazy money give Mr Greens a try Nicky sings every other saturday night they have a web site you can check out. A truly wonderful night. Very Special

lovemallorca 24-08-2015 11:45

Interesting that you mention this place Fil, as we have been recommended to give this place a try on a number of occasions.

The reviews that we have heard have all been very good, and Tripadvisor would seem to support that further.

Sa Pobla isn't somewhere that we would normally go, but will add it to the ever incresing "must-do" list...

fil6699 24-08-2015 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 106136)
Interesting that you mention this place Fil, as we have been recommended to give this place a try on a number of occasions.

The reviews that we have heard have all been very good, and Tripadvisor would seem to support that further.

Sa Pobla isn't somewhere that we would normally go, but will add it to the ever incresing "must-do" list...

Its well worth the 20 min drive and Sa Pobla is a little like Pollenca Old town very Spanish and a very interesting little town.They are open during the day for coffee and cake if you just wanted to do a recky ( Thats what we did and immediately booked a table for dinner on the Saturday)

carl1955 24-08-2015 13:33

Wasn't there some connection between the old Can Costa in Pollensa and Mr Greens? I seem to remember ?

Regards

Carl

Sparky 24-08-2015 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl1955 (Post 106145)
Wasn't there some connection between the old Can Costa in Pollensa and Mr Greens? I seem to remember ?

Regards

Carl

Yes you are correct ;).

debz1 24-08-2015 18:10

I know Will sold Can Costa to open Mr Greens but I don't know if he's still there. We went when it had just opened ( about 5 years ago) and it was lovely, but haven't been since. After reading Fills review will certainly go again on a jazz night. Their web page is offering a nights stay, with their tasting menu and breakfast the next day for 120 €. I never knew they had rooms and they look lovely. I suppose the main reason we haven't been back is the distance from PP.....but if you could stay the night!

I feel a plan coming on ;)

PP76 24-08-2015 18:54

When Mr Green opened in 2008 it was wonderful (as was Can Costa) not sure what went wrong but I am sure it closed for while, we will certainly try it again.

Deanscroft 27-08-2015 06:25

They also do a very good Menu del Dia for about 13€.

Ali C 28-08-2015 07:44

Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from PP to Sa Pobla?

cumberland8 28-08-2015 19:35

Great to hear its back on its feet again it was struggling a wee bit last year as they lost their rather excellent chef who went on to open his own place just outside of Palma.
The building is actually owned by the Cadbury family 7 it is a super place to enjoy nourishment.:D

romanb 20-09-2015 18:14

Just returned after staying overnight and having the 7 course tasting menu. The food was good and very reasonably priced the staff were excellent and went out of their way to help us. As we did not arrive until late in the afternoon much of Sa Pobla was closed but having only driven through about fifteen years ago wonder why we have not gone back or looked more at the town. We were pleasantly surprised with the main square it was like Pollensa twenty years ago. We plan to return on our next visit for a coffee in the main square and to Mister Greens.

Belladonna 20-09-2015 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali C (Post 106222)

We went in May with some friends, and seem to remember it was 20€. Such a lovely restaurant. Now looking forward to Mare Nostra, but will attempt the drive ourselves, the coffee and cake idea sounds good!

its cd 20-09-2015 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali C (Post 106222)

Don't know for sure but judging by other journeys I would say around 20euros

Belladonna 20-09-2015 19:39

We agree then!! ;)