Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   This weeks live music. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/11928-weeks-live-music.html)

El Gordo 08-06-2017 15:25

What I've found out so far.....

Most performances around 9pm (best check!) except where stated:

Monday........ Laguna........................................ Guillermo and Derek Holt
....................Norai......................... .................. DJ LAHOX

Tuesday....... Rosa Blanca.................................. Derek Holt and Guests
................... Norai........................................... Disaster Duo /Maria i Punt?

Wednesday... Mulligans ..................................... Jill Cole
................... La Vall ......................................... Sharry C 7:30 pm
................... Norai ........................................... Disaster Duo?
................... Daina .......................................... Mariano Miranda (Spanish Guitar)
....................Romantic (2nd Wed?).................... Shake, Rattle N' Roll Show (Nikki n Dennis)

Thursday...... Hostal Boras/Mollins CSV (alt weeks) . Fat Cats Jazz
................... Rosa Blanca ...................................Shake, Rattle N' Roll Show (Nikki n Dennis)

Friday.......... Norai ............................................Guille rmo and Guests
...................Laguna ..........................................Emma Rossi

Saturday...... La Roca ........................................ Hustlers 4:30 pm
................... Hostal Boras.................................. Hustlers
................... Mulligans ...................................... Pete McDonna
...................Panorama....................... ................ Elvis (Dennis)

Sunday........ Jolly Roger Alcudia 3 pm ................. Hustlers
................... Panorama ..................................... Jill Cole
................... Rosa Blanca................................... Elvis (Dennis)
................... Norai............................................. Duo? Julia and Pep Toni?

Support Live Music.... Please message me any corrections or additions :rolleyes:

copper 08-06-2017 19:54

Thanks very much for that

No more Hustlers in OHaras on a Friday night now then and no more John Lynam ? Pleased to see The Fat Cats are still about !

There was a couple called Disaster Duo on at Norai last year and they were very good He was from Belgium and the Girl was Argentinian so I hope it is still them this year

Looking forward to som good music

El Gordo 09-06-2017 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 118827)
Thanks very much for that

No more Hustlers in OHaras on a Friday night now then and no more John Lynam ? Pleased to see The Fat Cats are still about !

There was a couple called Disaster Duo on at Norai last year and they were very good He was from Belgium and the Girl was Argentinian so I hope it is still them this year

Looking forward to som good music

Thanks Copper

O'Haras received too many complaints of noise from a nearby Hotel. :mad:
John Lynam is still recovering from strokes. :(
Disaster Duo or Maria i Punt have played the last couple of weeks on Tuesdays at Norai
Another duo ?Argentinian (One of Disaster Duo may be Argentinian?) played on Wednesday, although they are not mentioned on Facebook Norai
:cool:

copper 09-06-2017 08:53

Thanks for that

I am really sorry to hear about John Lynam

That Hotel was there way after OHaras and the Hustlers !! The music also finished at a reasonable hour so very disappointing

The Disaster Duo were very popular last Lots of people standing in the street bit like the old days of Pub Imperial

Looking forward to our visit Thanks again

El Gordo 09-06-2017 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 118833)
Thanks for that

I am really sorry to hear about John Lynam

That Hotel was there way after OHaras and the Hustlers !! The music also finished at a reasonable hour so very disappointing

The Disaster Duo were very popular last Lots of people standing in the street bit like the old days of Pub Imperial

Looking forward to our visit Thanks again

Norai's FBook page is confusing to what night the Duos played!!

Glad you remember the good old days when the only music, except in hotels, was Bar Imperial!! :cool:

El Gordo 09-06-2017 11:12

Here is an Update :

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 118820)
What I've found out so far.....

Monday........ Laguna........................................ Guillermo and Derek Holt

Tuesday....... Rosa Blanca.................................. Derek Holt and Guests
................... Norai........................................... Disaster Duo /Maria i Punt? (Varies)

................... La Vall ......................................... Sharry C 7:30 pm
................... Norai ........................................... Disaster Duo/ ? (Varies)
................... Daina .......................................... Mariano Miranda (Spanish Guitar)
....................Romantic ........................................ Shake, Rattle N' Roll Show (Nikki n Dennis)

................... Rosa Blanca ...................................Shake, Rattle N' Roll Show (Nikki n Dennis)

Friday.......... Norai ............................................Guille rmo and Guests

Saturday...... La Roca ........................................ Hustlers 4:30 pm
................... Mulligans ...................................... Pete McDonna
...................Panorama....................... ................ Elvis (Dennis)

................... Rosa Blanca................................... Elvis (Dennis)
................... Norai............................................. Duo? Julia and Pep Toni/Disaster Duo/ (Varies)

Please message me any corrections or additions :rolleyes:

What a variety of entertainment we have!! Despite the authorities trying to spoil our fun!!

Support Live Music....

tangofan 12-06-2017 08:29

So glad to see that Mariano is back at the Daina - we are out in a couple of weeks and think it is time I bought another of his CDs!

Any sign of the Three Amigos from Cuba?

El Gordo 12-06-2017 11:10

Updated Romantic to weekly and Norai Varies its Live shows apart from Guillermo and Guests on Fridays :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 118842)
Here is an Update :

................... Norai........................................... Disaster Duo /Maria i Punt (Artists Vary)

................... Norai ........................................... Disaster Duo (Artists Vary)
....................Romantic ..................................... Shake, Rattle N' Roll Show (Nikki n Dennis) Now Weekly?

................... Norai............................................. Disaster Duo? /Julia and Pep Toni? (Artists Vary)

Please message me any corrections or additions

What a variety of entertainment we have!! Despite the authorities trying to spoil our fun!!

Support Live Music....

:D

smg 12-06-2017 13:40

which hotel complained, so I can make sure I never spend any money there....

tangofan 12-06-2017 17:07

I think it must have been the Mar Calma. I can see both sides of this as the hotel does not want its guests upset but on the other hand if you stay in a busy area there is bound to be noise. I would not like noisy music if I had paid a lot for a hotel room but I doubt if it would go on past say 11.00. I think there were problems at the new Bar Ritmo (spelling?) because apparently they were playing loud music until 3 am in a residential area which is not acceptable in my view! Difficult subject!

varsp 13-06-2017 12:41

Where is Norai and Rosa Blanca ?
There must be live music in a tourist resort, or else people won't have any evening enjoyment, other than dining out. What do the council want us to do, all be in bed by ten o'clock with a cup of cocoa? Couldn't there be a "music quarter", where local's won't be disturbed ? Either they want a thriving resort or not!

Lorenzo 13-06-2017 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by varsp (Post 118895)
Where is Norai and Rosa Blanca ?
There must be live music in a tourist resort, or else people won't have any evening enjoyment, other than dining out. What do the council want us to do, all be in bed by ten o'clock with a cup of cocoa? Couldn't there be a "music quarter", where local's won't be disturbed ? Either they want a thriving resort or not!

Norai Pintxos & Bar used to be called Matchpoint and is just by the roundabout by the marina - opposite the old Tourist Office and old main bus stop location (both have moved).

The Rosa Blanca is opposite the roundabout by Habitat/Duva complex.

varsp 15-06-2017 12:42

Thank you Lorenzo.

Sparky 15-06-2017 12:54

Sharry C every Friday in Sol y Mar.

Sparky 15-06-2017 15:17

This Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th Damia Timoner will be at The Miramar Hotel from 9pm.