Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Children (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/)
-   -   Childrens Hairdresser (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/9891-childrens-hairdresser.html)

LauraM 25-03-2013 22:04

Childrens Hairdresser

Hi!

We arrive in PP on Friday for a weeks holiday.
Are there any child friendly hairdressers in PP?
Preferably good at English as my Spanish is not great. How much does a visit to the hairdressers cost?

Sleep well
Xx

kate1 26-03-2013 09:52

Hi LauraM

We have used Kika several times for our girls. She is not particularly cheap but does a very good job and is good with children - and speaks very good English. She has a large expat clientele. One noticeable thing is that she tends to cut much more off than English hairdressers, who all seem more tentative - don't know if this is a Spanish thing, or whether it is just Kika! Anyway, you certainly come out looking like you have had a haircut... which is a good thing in my view. She gave my daughter the best bob she has ever had, and the nice thing is that she does a little 'hairdo' for them when she has finished - putting a coloured band in, or something similar - which looks really cute.

Kika is on the main road into Puerto Pollensa. You would probably need to make an appointment as she is always busy.

suzanne 26-03-2013 10:51

Hi i use Waves hairdressers when i'm in PP.She is english and very friendly.next to The british food shop and pepes bar.

majprop 26-03-2013 17:43

Pedro is also good with children, A Spanish hairdresser whose salon is next to Schleker in the Calle Llevant and speaks good English and knows an awful lot about Football, both English and Spanish. While I have mentioned Schleker, due the companies demise in Spain and most of the rest of Europe it is shorly being taken over by another company whose name I cannot recall at the moment

fil6699 26-03-2013 18:18

I agree Pedro is top class I have my Hair cut around once a month by him. Always guaranteed good conversation and a wealth of not only Football knowledge but also local Knowledge and no need to make an appointment.

Nick 26-03-2013 23:37

This might seem like a daft question, or maybe I'm missing something entirely, but why don't you get the haircuts done before you come out? You're only out for a week. That way you'd use your normal hairdresser and not waste valuable holiday time ??

whaleywanderer 27-03-2013 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by majprop (Post 81299)
Pedro is also good with children, A Spanish hairdresser whose salon is next to Schleker in the Calle Llevant and speaks good English and knows an awful lot about Football, both English and Spanish. While I have mentioned Schleker, due the companies demise in Spain and most of the rest of Europe it is shorly being taken over by another company whose name I cannot recall at the moment

I presume Pedro cuts women's hair as well, I have a short style and have always preferred gents hairdressers (as long as they're good with women!)

LauraM 27-03-2013 11:44

Thank you all for your replies. Looks like we will give Pedro a try!

nickpaulanoah - my daughter has had chicken pox (although now completely recovered) so we haven't been able to get her hair cut her before we come over.

fil6699 27-03-2013 14:55

Whaley I was in there today and asked Pedro if he was good with Women for you he said he most certainly was :) I did not pursue the question any further Enjoy :)