Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2011, 14:36
Under Moderation

Smile Places to eat and Drink with children in tow

We are a family of 5 (2 adults & 3 children aged 5 & 17month old twins). We are travelling to PP in June/July and staying at Valentin Azul Puerto Pollensa, half board. In the evening we like to have a walk around and i was wondering what the local area is like for children. Esp the bars and cafes. Also i have heard there is a square and in the evening it is an area where people stop off, have a drink and the kids dance?? Not sure if this info is correct, but if it is, sounds ideal! Also, is there a park, or any outdoor play areas ie ball pits, trampolines etc... I know that these type of things can sometimes look a bit tacky, but when you have 3 young children they do help. Any tips from of families who have travelled to PP would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any tips x
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2011, 15:51

Bit of a dodgy one this. The square is in the process of being renovated so probably not a lot of dancing going on at the moment!
Most "kiddie" things revolve around adults drinking and people watching along Pine Walk, whilst kiddies play on the beach.
If you have a car - or check out bus times - your best bet for other childrens entertainment is in Puerto Alcudia - the next bay round. Check it out during the day time, and also look at entertainment in the Bellview area there which is off of the main road and has a park area and crazy golf.

Other kiddie parents may have some other ideas for anything in PP. Or just wear them out and push them around in the buggies asleep!!
Old 15-04-2011, 16:17

I am sure the square will be finished by June and the children will have a bigger area to play in. There is also the little park on the seafront near to the Guardia Civil Station.
Old 15-04-2011, 16:57

Yes and the answer to your question which bar or cafe to eat and drink in with kids in tow, it would be quicker to say which ones wouldn't. In short PP is for families, your kids will be welcomed and fussed over everywhere, the locals love kids so it won't be a problem. As said there are playgrounds and most large apartment complexes and hotels have kiddie clubs and entertainment in the evenings that you can join in with, search the site for mor info.
I am sure you will all have a brilliant time.

On island time!!
Old 15-04-2011, 16:58

For years now we have been entertaining our kids in the early evening simply by sitting and having a drink at one of the Pine Walk restaurants - the Bahia is a good one - while they play on the beach right in front of us. They never seem to get bored with this and often make new friends. They also enjoy looking at the various sand sculptures being made. A lot of kids of all nationalities congregate in the Square in the Old Town too - ours will happily spend hours there, pottering around. I think they enjoy the fact that it is more relaxed and also safer than the UK in terms of traffic, so they have more freedom to play without adults breathing down their necks.
Old 15-04-2011, 21:15

I agree with Kate .... though its a good number of years since any of the children in our family were toddlers, they never needed any laid on entertainment when we were in PP

We just all went along to whatever restaurant we fancied as a family and there was always something suitable ( I will never forget my daughter devouring bowls of spag bol at 10months old ) .... and if there isn't anything on the menu most will rustle up some pasta and sauce or cook up some chicken breast fingers ( much nicer than the nuggets most UK restaurants seem to think children want to eat all the time )

One other GREAT tip ...... when in Spain have a siesta .... encourage them to have a sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon, that way they avoid the hot sun and are more able to cope with late nights

In terms of play ..... a bucket and spade, a fishing net and some imagination always did the trick for ours ...... there is so much for them to see in PP ....crabs; starfish; hermit crabs; lots of small and larger fish to feed ( they will eat bread out of their hands if you can persuade them to stand still in the sea for long enough ... probably a tall order for your 17month olds but older one maybe )

If you do want "laid on; kids club type entertainment" there is a large aparthotel at the far end of the pinewalk called the PlayaMar ....... they don't mind you going in providing you buy a few drinks and snacks .... but be aware that the entertainment can be quite loud and could be a bit too much for your younger ones.

If you are lucky enough to be there during Fiesta Week ( around middle of July ) there will be some stalls set up in the square and also some mini roundabouts and inflatable slides

Sure you will have a great time
Old 15-04-2011, 21:21

Take me! Take me!!
Old 07-06-2011, 14:16
Under Moderation

Talking

Hi Crazy Diamond,

We stayed at Valentin Puerto Azul last May/June for 2 weeks (me, hubby and munchkins aged 6 and 4 at the time). It was our first trip to Puerto Pollensa.

I'm just echoing what others have said that you won't find anywhere that isn't child friendly. Even at such a young age our two loved going for a walk along the Pine Walk on an evening. For the first week we stayed in the hotel on an evening and did the usual kiddy disco and games etc but for a change of scenery one night we went for a walk and after that the little ones wanted to do that every night instead of staying for the disco. I think they just enjoyed the novelty of being "out at night". Most nights we went to look at the sand sculptures and sometimes just played tig on the beach and occasionally stopped for a drink (think that might have been at Miramar). The atmosphere on an evening really is lovely - just lots of other families strolling along and people watching. Reminded me very much of Italy and not at all what you envisage when you think of the traditional Brits on holiday in Majorca. We love the South of France and have gone there 10 years running up until going to PP for the first time last year. We are going back to PP in August and have already re-booked for August NEXT year. When you're there, you'll see exactly why there is a huge forum full of people raving about PP!! It far exceeded my expectations.

Sorry, this (first ever) post is going on a bit!.... But anyway.... Not sure what age your children are but our two loved the Puerto Azul and went to the kids club for the morning session most days (there are lots of other sessions throughout the day but we like to spend some time with our children on holiday!). We didn't go with any expectation that they would want to go in the club but they tried it and they loved it. We were surprised by how professional the staff were and how well organised everything was (and I work in early years/childcare so have a good idea about these kind of things...) We also enjoyed some of the other games that were organised that parents and children could join in together eg. skittles etc. - nice to join in the fun with the children. Also, don't forget there is a little play park at the hotel itself. Our two didn't go in much as they spent hours every day in the pool - great that they have two shallow pools. It was the first time we've had a holiday where we haven't had to go in the pool with them because of depth etc.

You won't regret choosing PP.

Hope that long rambling post helps!
Old 07-06-2011, 16:44

Thanks Lizzy for an excellent post! You are so right about the simple joys of just strolling along the paseo, people-watching and playing on the beach - my eight-year-old twins have been coming to PP since they were five months old and have never, ever been bored! The whole Mallorcan way of life is just so relaxed and welcoming for children of all ages - can't wait to get back there!
Old 08-06-2011, 19:50

We stay in the Playa Mar at the end of the Pine Walk, which has similar kids entertainment to the Puerto Azul. It is about 20 mins walk into town and us and the kids love it, grt way to unwind before a cold beer and some food in town. The walk in helps make the holiday.