Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2006, 04:28

Dea12

Can't comment re whether they actually have Pampers .... too long ago for me to remember but .......

I do remember well the first time I went to PP with a baby ( 12 years ago ) and I took everything bar the kitchen sink ...... or did I take that as well ??????????? I am not joking, I took nappies, wipes, milk, jars of stewed fruit, baby lotion, oil, etc etc ............. and it wasn't as though I hadn't been given all the advice along the lines of Majorcians having babies etc etc

Well I can tell you, I felt pretty foolish ........... of course you can get everything you need in the supermarkets, why wouldn't you be able to .......it's really true ...... there are babies in Majorca. ( though I can quite understand why people still pack stacks of nappies etc ...... it's like you have to see it for yourself to believe it .... us mums are like that arn't we .............. hell I even packed all that nonsense when we had a long weekend in Jersey when our daughter was a few months old )
....... Come on the rest of you forumites ..... confess I bet we've all done it ......... and I still have a hang over from that behaviour by packing a sewing kit with me every time we go away - not that I EVER sew anything !!!

Anyway, I very soon learned to adopt the "when in rome" approach and stopped giving myself the hassle of packing so much stuff .......... I adopted the Majorcian approach to siestas as well, it meant that through the years we mostly had a bright happy toddler being alert enough to share the family dinner later in the evening and then happily fall aspeep in her buggy allowing us to have a full evening ........... believe me, it all makes for far more relaxing hols.

My advice would be that unless there is a real reason why your littl'n needs particular brands , you will find a wide enough range of babygoods in the supermarket to meet your needs.

............. but I bet you pack it all the first time anyway lol
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2006, 04:29
Founder

Have just been on the Caprabo online site for you & Yes they definitely have a massive range of Dodot toalitas on there (all sizes) plus all sorts of stuff.

During the summer the supermarkets are open Sundays till about 2 or 2.30 pm.
Old 20-06-2006, 04:53
Dea12

Thanks for the quick replies..... I know deep down that we would have managed with or without pampers- and whilst in Rome....
Its just hard to get out of the everyday normal routine.
Dea
Old 20-06-2006, 05:02
Dea12

Default Nappies revisteted

I wonder if anyone can basically answer the previous question again. Can you get DIDOT (pampers) nappies in Majorca. AND (crossing to shopping slightly) are the supermarkets open on Sundays?
Old 12-09-2007, 22:46
flippy1973

Hi

I used the Dodot nappies while we were in PP recently - found them a bit leaky so had to change them a little more often but they were ok.
Old 14-01-2008, 22:43

Travelling this year for the first time with our little Granddaughter so this year looking on the forum for baby info regarding nappies food etc. Interested to read about The British Food Shop which caters for Babies. Could anyone please tell me where it is from Bellresguard and is it any good for our requirements - thanks
Old 15-01-2008, 06:38
smiddy

Default Nappies

Favie, A 100 yds or so from Belesguard, directly across from the Flora Apts. I'll be over there the end of the month, it's just across the road from my apt, let us know what your looking for and i'll have a butchers and get back to you. I took both my kids to PP since they were babies and that was 20 yrs ago! don't recall having any problems even then.
Old 15-01-2008, 18:54

Default Re: Nappies

Oh Smiddy - those were the days! I remember the very first time I took our baby out - again 20 years ago- first time abroad with a baby and took a weeks worth of nappies with us!! Luckily we learned very quickly that they actually have babies over there as well!!:lol
Old 16-01-2008, 04:11

Default nappies

Hi Smiddy,

Thanks every so much for your kind reply. I am sure then we won't have a problem if you didn't all that time ago!! You are so lucky to have discovered PP all that time ago - we only had our first visit 3 years ago and fell in love with it - who does n't!!! Mum is looking for Huggies nappies, Baby wipes, SMA baby milk and little jars of ready meals. I am sure they will all be available but it will give her peace of mind and save her carrying them all!!!
Flora apartments, are they quite near Trio's? Thanks again - Favie
Old 16-01-2008, 07:42
Founder

Default Re: nappies

Yes Flora is almost opposite Trio.

You certainly will find baby wipes & other toileteries. Caprabo supermarket has an aisle dedicated to baby stuff as I'm sure the other supermarkets do as well as the British Food shop. I think the only thing that a mum may want to bring is powdered milk if the exact forumalation is important.
Old 16-01-2008, 07:45
smiddy

Default nappies

Just round the corner from Trio, you can't miss it, they even have small, flashing lights???

Bella, 20 years ago you could take loads of nappies if you wished, nowadays the airlines would see it as a ruse to make some extra dosh.>:
Old 18-01-2008, 05:17

Default Babies Stuff!!!

That is good to know - we won't have any problem finding it then - quite near us. Thanks for your reply.
Old 18-01-2008, 05:20

Default Babie Stuff!!!

Smiddy if you don't mind checking out what formulas they have in The British Shop (SMA is what Mum is after) we would really appreciate it. Have a good Holiday.
Old 17-02-2008, 15:30

Default Baby Stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
Favie, I'll be over there the end of the month, it's just across the road from my apt, let us know what your looking for and i'll have a butchers and get back to you. I
Hi Folks,

Smiddy doesn't seem to have registered on the New Forum yet and I believe he has returned from P.P. Would anyone know what baby milk they stock in the British Food Shop - Mum is after SMA. It's not a huge problem if they don't -just means carry some over!! Cheers
Old 21-02-2008, 13:21

Favie, Unfortunately i have returned from PP. We had a super time. The town was extremely quiet and most places were shut, unfortunately i could never find the British Food Store open. I was in a newly opened Farmacia (1st left, 1st right, past the BFS) i noticed they were well stocked with nappies etc, there's also a larger Farmacia at the end of Roger de Flor(1st left, end of road on the right, about 300yds).Plus the nearby supermarkets, i would be absolutely astounded if you could not find what your looking for in any of these shops.

When do you go? Tell mum not to worry, i have a freind who lives over there, who has recently become a mum, she will be able to provide any info. Just let us know before you go.