Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Children (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/)
-   -   Day trips with 2 year old (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/1674-day-trips-2-year-old.html)

ShelleyM3 30-03-2006 05:50

Day trips with 2 year old

Hello All
Happy to say that booked our second trip to PP this evening for May. So excited! I am ready to pack now :-)

Last year we took our wee one on day trips to Pollensa and Alcudia. We liked Pollensa, nice market and found good playparks for him. We were not so keen on Alcudia but I tihnk it was because it was much busier.

We just used the local buses which were great. Anyone have any other ideas of day trips out. Was thinking about Cala San Vincente? Just looking for a somewhere with short bus trip, have a nice wander, nice lunch and then back to PP sort of thing.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Shelley

KILLIAN MCCORMACK 30-03-2006 07:31

Hi Shelly
We've found that the kids have enjoyed Pollensa Town too. You can ramble around the narrow streets and let the kids play in the lovely town square.
Don't forget that if the weather is bad PP has a fairly good indoor funhouse. I know that its come in handy for us a few times over the years.
A day trip to Soller is worthwhile too I think (a bit of a journey though). There is usually something going on for the kids and there is lots for them to see and do.
Hope you enjoy your holiday.
K

debz1 30-03-2006 17:53

Hi Shelley

Have you been to Formentor? I think it is the one of most beautiful parts of the island...fine white sand beach shaded by pine trees and clear blue water . We used to take our children when they were small and still go often now they are in their twenties!!! Take a picnic and spend the day.The beach is quite narrow so you can sit and relax while your little one paddles safely and plays in the sand.

It's a fun journey by boat and fairly hair raising by bus over the mountains ..about 20 minutes either way. We used to use a different mode ( boat there / bus back or vice versa) but now usually drive. When you get off the boat turn right and walk down the path and pick your spot on the beach (it does get busy in the summer 'cos the locals love it!) There is a little beach cafe a few hundred yards along where you can have a coffee or cold beer and look at the view ...Formentor heaven :D

Have fun

Debs

robjay 30-03-2006 19:08

Well debz you've just sold the place to me. Next time I'm out I'll pack the girls a picnic along with thier buckets and spades and head on down to the jetty, what fun we will have on the beach........................do you think they will go for our idea of a day out? or will it be straight to the beach cafe for them?

Being serious I've never been there and yes I do plan to visit next time, I'll have to wait a long time for the 2 year old I hope(Grandchild:eek ) but will enjoy it then as well no doubt.
Take care.

Robjay

debz1 30-03-2006 19:24

Oh yes Rob I'm sure your girls will love it..2 or 22 plenty of fun to be had by all...if making sand castles is not their scene anymore plenty of lovely things to keep them entertained for hours...the local talent ;)

Debs

robjay 30-03-2006 19:41

Formentor heaven

Debz you've sold me the whole trip! Next time I'm out I'll pack the picnic, the buckets & spades and the wee paper flags. Boy this sounds like fun, I'm so excited.........................Only one wee problem.....................will my daughters go for it?..
..................................So Debzs where can I kidnap some 2 years olds?:lol

Take care

Robjay

Snowy 30-03-2006 21:47

Re: Formentor heaven

Rob let me know how you get on, your Girls should love it superb beach, dont forget the spades you may need them, or are sand castles not your scene, cant be long before you go, is it.

Have a nice day

ShelleyM3 31-03-2006 11:55

Hi All

Thanks for the tips. We havent been to Formentor so think we will try that. Where do we get the boat or bus?

Yes Pollensa town was great too. He had a ball running through the wee streets last year and this year we will need skates to keep up I think!

thanks
Shelley