Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Children (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/)
-   -   Hidropark (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/1673-hidropark.html)

Electrolyte98 13-06-2005 05:30

Hidropark

Just wanted to post about how great Hidropark at Alcudia is for kids (and for a big 33 year old kid like me as well!) Hidropark is a great water park with loads of pools, slides, waves etc. We visited on 2 June 05 and had a great time. My 4 year old son was in heaven!

Weather was perfect (28 deg C and sunny all day). We arrived at 10.30 when it opened and there was already a big queue. We were lucky to get the last sunshade so I'd advise you to get there earlier than we did.

Slides were great and it wasn't too crowded either. Would give it 9/10 overall.

ShelleyM3 05-04-2006 19:35

Hi there

Would you think it was suitable for a 2 year old?

Can you get there by bus from PP?

Thanks
shelley

pops 06-04-2006 00:08

hidropark

Hi Shelleym3

Yes it would be great to take a 2 yr old as there is a big pool with floats etc and a kiddie pool with little slides on climbing frames. As well as a wave machine pool and lots of big slides too. And crazy golf and a play area too.

Never been there on the bus but the bus runs frequently to Alcudia and it is only a short walk from the bus stop.

I would recommend going on a sunday, for some reason it is always much quieter, we've been there loads of times over the years and sunday still proves to be the quietest day. Probably won't be now that i've given the secret away.

Also in Alcudia is the slide bar. This is a bar which has one slide and the sunbeds and bar are right next to the slide. This would be perfect for a 2 yr old, as one of you can take the toddler on the slide while the other sips a cold drink and the glasses come out of the freezer, perfect on a hot day. The bus stops right outside. It 's almost opposite Burgerking and I think KFC, just as you approach Alcudia after the port and old town. Sounds horrible? ignore burgerking and KFC!But enjoy the slide bar, my kids have loved it over the years.
And of course the entrance is free as opposed to a charge at the hidropark, Can be an expensive day if you are only entertaining a 2 yr old. Much older kids tho would probably get fed up after a while.

Pops

smiddy 07-04-2006 05:53

Hydropark

The hydropark in Alcudia is OK in the fact that its nearby and with a 2 yr old thats what you need. My kids are older now but i always found Alcudia a bit run down and in need of investment. If and i appreciate it may be a big if, you have a car it's well worth it to take the 1 hour drive to either Arenal or Magaluf were the parks are modern vastly superior in layout and the number of slides etc, and are very rarely crowded. I believe Arenal is the biggest in Europe. Magaluf also has Western World with modern slides.

I think most of the hotels/agencies also run buses. I always took the kids every year. Once the new road is complete you should be able to drive there virtualy without stopping in around 50mins.