Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2003, 05:18
congokid

Default Babysitting and childminding

I haven't noticed any other posts on this subject on the forum, but I felt the professional level of service we received from Lesley Humphrey during out stay in Pollensa in July 2003 was worth mentioning to other forum visitors.

Lesley, who is UK registered for several years and now lives in Puerto Pollensa, looked after the two young children (aged 5 and 9) in our party on a couple of occasions.

Having Lesley look after the children gave us not only an extra degree of freedom to enjoy our holiday, but also peace of mind knowing they were in capbable hands.

Their mum was so pleased she said: "Lesley is prompt, caring, experienced and a nice person.

"Babysitting is something every parent should consider when going on holiday as it's great to get an occasional night out, for instance at a fab restaurant, without your kids."

I should point out that I have no connection with Lesley, who can be contacted on 687 664 311, or by email at:
lesleyhumphrey@btopenworld.com
Sponsored Links
Old 25-01-2006, 22:34
cheniesbucks

We've used Lesley before. About 2 years ago I think. She was great and is married to an OPen Holidays rep called Martin (they live near the port). We're going back to PP on the 4th March and again in August so I'm hoping to track her down again. Anyone used her recently? Is the phone no. correct? Thanks x
Old 26-01-2006, 00:47
Sazzle

Default babysitting

Hi

My family are going out to PP in April and then again in July/August and we too sometimes wonder about childminders (our youngest are 5 and 3). Although so far we've never been brave enough to leave them with anyone.

If you don't find Lesley, there is a baby sitting/nanny service which operates in PP called 'Cosytoes'. All staff are NNEB qualified. Their service ranges from 3 hours to a full day.

Their web address is Cosytoes-Mallorca.com. We've never used them ourselves -they are quite pricey!

Hope you have a good hol!

Sarah
Old 26-01-2006, 23:33
cheniesbucks

Default Re: babysitting

Thanks Sazzle.

i will let you know what we do. If I can't get hold of Lesley I'll look into the other option you mention. I know that our holiday company can sort out babysitters but its something like £50 for 4 hours. Childcare is paramount of course but I know Lesley is more reasonable than that (and I've met her before so I can put a face to the name when and if I can book her!) Will keep you posted -thanks tho'.
Old 08-02-2006, 21:01
cheniesbucks

Hi all,

For those that are interested - Lesley has now left PP with her husband Martin and they're back in the UK somewhere! Found this out via Open Holidays. Shame, she was a good babysitter! Am now looking into GOOD restaurants that'll do us a take away for my birthday instead!
Old 15-06-2006, 17:22
cheniesbucks

Hello all,

I've just found a card that I picked up at the villa we stayed at in March. (I didn't pinch the only card - there were loads in the fruit bowl so I nabbed one!)

It says "Wendys babysitting service". Ex stewardess and mum to two girls aged 2 & 7. OFTED registered qualifications in first aid and health and hygiene. Am jumping to conclusions but reckoning she's British but I dont know...

We might try to book her when we go for a fortnight in August as its nice to have a grown up meal every now and again. (Although i'm scouring the forum for the child friendly places to eat at as well with my 666 devil daughter of a 2 yr old, and my nearly 6 yr old daughter)

For those of you that would be interested in her contact numbers get in touch with me through my messagebox as I'm not sure if I can post someones details here publically?

Ps on the back of this card it says "lovely lovely lady, excellent service. Would reccommend her v highly" There we are then.......A night out maybe!! YES, YES, YES!!!
Old 15-06-2006, 18:24
Founder

Hi,

it's fine to post other people's details (if they don't object - you should check first). What we don't allow is people promoting themselves & their services as it's not fair on our paying advertisers.

& do report back if you use this babysitter & any other childcare facilities. Fantasy World is about to change hands so we don't know what is happening there.

Webmaster
Old 21-03-2010, 10:17

This may help;