Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By star81
  • 3 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By star81

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 11:45

Default Entertaining 3yr old twins.

Hi. I am new to the forum, but thought I would join as we are going to be in Pollenca for the month of June with our toddlers (3 year old twins), and I am looking for ideas to keep them amused/out of trouble. We're staying in a villa, but I wondered if anyone knows of kids' clubs/mini- disco type activities in any of the hotels that we could check out? We were there last year too, but only for a week and it flew by, so we didn't have a chance to check out what was going on in the area.

Thanks for your ideas.

Jan
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 12:47
Super Moderator

Hi Jan and welcome, most hotels/aparthotels allow non residents provided you buy drinks/food etc, follow this link Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca and you will see the ones that have kiddie entertainment .
Old 08-05-2013, 08:38

Hi,

I will be out for the month of June with my 4 and. 2 year old and it will fly by too !

We found that most hotels have singing entertainers on at least a few nights a week and my little one enjoyed going to these to have a dance. I believe the Pollensa Park still do a children's mini disco but to be sure pop in during the day as they will be advertising them and as long as you buy drinks anyone can attend.

The square is also great at night as lots of local and visiting children play here, we were able to have dinner and let our 3 year old wander with a close eye kept on where he was at all times - not as easy with 2 I know ! But all very friendly and you can even just sit on the benches in the square if you don't want to buy dinner or drinks there. Take a ball along and they will have a great time.

Tamarells on the beach front is great too as the children can play right in front of you in the sand and wander quite safely while you watch. Again you can relax and have a drink and ice lollies / ice creams can be purchased here for a mid play break ! Again your little ones will find many children here too to play with. Also is great to take buckets / spades as its cool in evening for them to play without the daytime sun.

Hope this helps.
debz1 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:55

Star81 is right - most of the Pine Walk cafes are ideal for letting children play safely while you chill out. We have twins and used to take up residence on the beachfront terrace at the Bahia - we could enjoy coffees or something stronger while they played happily with buckets and spades. I think they liked feeling 'grown up' and being on the beach without mum and dad - probably more freedom than they would have had at home, but in a completely safe location, with us close enough to intervene if they decided to take off into the sea, for example. And then of course there are the sandcastle builders to watch, the fish to feed with stale bread, etc... simple pleasures but that's all they need. In a way twins are a godsend as they always have each other to play with. We also found that the main square in Pollensa was a good place to spend time - the girls usually managed to make friends and didn't find that the language barrier caused problems - even when they were very small. Although there was usually at least one British child of a similar age too. I must admit I have never taken them to a hotel or indeed anywhere for organised entertainment during the ten years they have been coming to PP - we have never needed to. They have never ever mentioned being bored - hope I'm correct about that!
debz1, LK1960 and eleanor like this.
Old 13-05-2013, 09:50

Hi all. We'll be in Pollenca in June with our toddlers and love the idea of taking the kids to a mini disco in the evening. I presume that you can go in for a drink (and a dance) even if you're not staying there? Do you know if other hotels also run activities for kids? Thanks Jan
Old 13-05-2013, 12:46

Yes, in my experience hotels that offer entertainment in the evening openly advertise it on the boards outside their establishments and have no problem with non residents attending and purchasing drinks.

I know the Pollensa park has a children's disco (or has in the past not been out this season yet) am sure others will know of places with child specific activities. Other than that the live music singers all generally do a good mix of songs and always have a dance floor for people of all ages to have a dance.
Sparky likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 14:24

Thanks for all the suggestions. We're really looking forward to the trip and I think that the kids will just love being outsde all the time.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:06

When we were in PP in April we daily went to Capri and had drinks on the mooring there while the kids (3/5) played on the beach. Similler family's did the same. We like to have a vino or two in the afternoon and this setting was perfect. Obviously there are more places available, but Capri was perfect!
Old 11-03-2014, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinedrive View Post
When we were in PP in April we daily went to Capri and had drinks on the mooring there while the kids (3/5) played on the beach. Similler family's did the same. We like to have a vino or two in the afternoon and this setting was perfect. Obviously there are more places available, but Capri was perfect!
You have persuaded me to visit the Capri when we visit P P in May.
Old 10-04-2014, 13:08

We have stayed at the Playa Mar for years (kids are not 15 and 13) and they have a kids disco every night. It is at the end of the Pine Walk. Think it starts at or 8.30.

You could book a table at Little Italy which is about half way along the Pine Walk and let the kids play on the small beach in front if you ask for a table on the walk.