Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Great Dane
  • 1 Post By CHUG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-2013, 15:22

Default Vanrell Car Hire still in the Port?

hi, does Vanrell still have an office in Puerto Pollensa? Wasnt it in a small office in Paseo de Londres on the front next to the supermarket? Im sure it was there back in October?

Ive booked a car with them for end of April to collect and return in the port,which they emailed back to say was fine.

I then emailed a few days later them to ask if it was ok to collect a day later and they replied saying that they dont have an office in the Port.... im now confused and a touch disturbed by this latest email..
Sponsored Links
Old 20-03-2013, 17:24

They were exactly where you said Great Dane ,but are not currently open, so can't be sure if they will reopen this season. I guess they should open in the next week or so if they are going to.
Old 21-03-2013, 10:56

I had also noticed that they do not have a location in PP listed on their site, which I found strange as I remember the small office in the spot you mention the last time I was there. I had also noticed that the Europcar office in PP is not listed on their site any longer either and had posted wondering about it the other day.

Hopefully it is just that they are not open yet and will be back in operation soon!
Old 21-03-2013, 15:10

Thanks.
They've just phoned to say the office in the Port is no longer open but will deliver to me instead.
lollipop likes this.
Old 31-07-2013, 08:29

Does anyone know the return procedure for Vanrell at Palma Airport...on site at the airport carpark or off site somewhere ?
Old 31-07-2013, 17:25

Last time we used Vanrell we left the car in the multistorey car park at the airport with the keys locked in the boot. This was about two years ago. Simple albeit unusual.
Old 31-07-2013, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUG View Post
Does anyone know the return procedure for Vanrell at Palma Airport...on site at the airport carpark or off site somewhere ?
You leave the car on the 4th floor of the airport car park, row G if possible, you lock the car with the keys in the boot and walk away.
We always use Vanrell, to be fair the quality of the car can be a bit of a lottery but pick up and return is very quick and you return with the same amount of fuel when you collected the car.
Old 31-07-2013, 19:43

We have used Vanrells for our last three trips. Car is collected from 4th floor. Has worked really well for us, no hidden additional charges. Return using same procedure!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41

Thanks for that , just booked , all seems good , they're delivering the car to the apartment as they no longer have the office in PP, and drop off at the airport in the way mentioned above.
Not long to go now ...doing a quick bike ride on Sunday the Prudential Ride London 100 , then out to PP for 5 weeks !
roig cat likes this.