Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2012, 18:25

Default resorthoppa

Hi. Are Resorthoppa, still reliable this year? We used them last year and all good. There will be two adults 3 x kids travelling ... or is there a better option for not too much more cost wise?
Many thanks
Martin
Sponsored Links
Old 19-06-2012, 18:47

We used Resorthoppa again this year in May but wouldnt anymore ,we have used them on and off for the past 5 years with no problems but last year had an hours wait sitting in the coach then the driver did niot know where he was going and we got lost from arriving at airport untill we got to hotel was a good 3 hours.This year driver nearly nodded off driving coach and my husband had to shout to make him look up at the road.On the return we were picked up from hotel at 6 15 in Alcudia and at 7 30 were still driving around Alcudia picking people up.
Its a shame because they are an excellant price but I coulldnt stand that amount of time on a coach again.
Old 19-06-2012, 19:01

Hhhhmmmm.... No that's not good at all. Kids enjoyed the coach last year, but must admit... you have me worried there. I'm guessing a cb would be around £150.00 return?
Old 19-06-2012, 19:13

probaly we are going to have a look at different options for August I agree the taxis are expensive compared to resorthoppa.
Old 19-06-2012, 21:44

we had the same problem with RH last year so booked with Resort taxis in April..but it was a similar story though.People we know also used RH in April and it was just the same

its such a shame as the price is so good ..if you opt for speedy transfer you end up paying as much as a taxi...

We have opted for taxi's next week

Eating Out
Old 19-06-2012, 22:02

We used resort hoppa this week for our journey from the airport to PP. We had no problems at all, first on the coach, waited 30 mins before we set off, straight to PP and were the 2nd drop, couldn't fault it for the price.
Old 19-06-2012, 22:38

If you don't want to pay for a taxi and don't want to risk the hit and miss RH service , you could always get a cab or the airport bus to Palma and then the bus to PP I think total cost is about 7 euros each way

At the end of the day it's a straight choice return taxi for 4 circa 150 euros 50mins door to door. Public bus for 4 around 60euros return and overall takes between 1.5 and 2.5 hrs depending on connections.

Personally I would prefer the convenience of a cab and just swap one evening dinner for a cheap snack which would more or less cover the difference between bus and taxi
Old 20-06-2012, 15:45

That was our thought too Its CD - .after some very hit and miss transfers (and extremely early pick up times) a 6'5" husband with a dodgy kneee (and no legroom on bus) - public bus not really an option for us so as there are 4 of us there we decided taxi was far more convenient...and as you say an extra meal in the apartment will cover the cost....10 days and counting now
Sparky likes this.

Eating Out
Old 20-06-2012, 17:12

the problem i find is if there are 5 of you like me and my family the price goes up to 180 euros for a private taxi that accomadates 5 or more it is a lot of cash i have done if for a good few years and tried rh when i came out at the end of april/may and waited half an hour before we left and were 2 nd drop off so over all i will use them again and have booked it and it was only £68 for 5 return on resort hoppa with a discount code
LK1960 likes this.
Old 20-06-2012, 21:32

One thing to consider if you are thinking about the bus, don't be put off as the bus to Palma leaves from the road out front of the airport just past the taxi rank, it stops 25m from the entrance to the bus station and the bus to the port drops you off in Pollensa or at the roundabout in the front, the entire journey can take around 1 1/2 hr depending on flight times!

On island time!!
Old 20-06-2012, 21:39

Can anyone shed light on why on the Resort Hoppa site the price in Euro changes if you click on the different country links to book?
I wanted to make a booking in Euro so I tried clicking on the Spanish flag and the quote was about 35 Euro. Then whehn I clicked on German flag, quote was 45 Euro, then the Belgian one 26 Euro. It's a big difference and there is no currency coversion if they are all in Euro.
Old 20-06-2012, 21:56

Default Resort hoppa/public bus

We have used both the resorthoppa and the public bus and found both to be reliable. The advantage of the RH is that if you have luggage you do not have the hassle of taking it from one bus to the other and the bus from Palma to the airport is usually packed and frequented by pickpockets so be aware!
We used the RH last week and once we collected our luggage we had a 20 minute wait before the bus set off and reached PP in under an hour the driver dropped us off on the main road and we walked home.
It was about two hours from landing at the airport and reaching home don't think we could complain and for the price is excellent value.
LK1960, Lorenzo and Linda like this.
Old 20-06-2012, 22:10

All I can say is that all the times we have used the bus it has neither been busy or full of pickpockets, what ever they look like!
El Gordo likes this.

On island time!!
Old 21-06-2012, 11:43

Have used Resort Hopper a lot during the last few years, in general i find them very good, a few of the aforementioned problems have occured, but more on a one off basis rather than the norm. It also helps if your drop-off point in pp is near your hotel/accomodation, in our case they drop us off 50 yds from our door.

There's no doubt the prices are excellent, and a godsend, but it really does come down to wether you care to risk a bit of delay against a taxi fare which sometimes can exceed the airfare that got you to Palma.
LK1960 and Jimbo the Jambo like this.
Old 21-06-2012, 16:04

Default Resorthoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
All I can say is that all the times we have used the bus it has neither been busy or full of pickpockets, what ever they look like!
With respect sws97sdg I am only giving my opinion on the experiences I have had on both the local buses and the resorthoppa.
It is a fact of life that pickpockets work in all major cities in the world not just Palma! Sometimes when you are in"holiday mode" your guard is down and you can fall victim to them I am only mentioning it as a caution to others. As they say forewarned is forearmed!
The bus from the Placa d'espanya to the airport is the bus I am referring to if you travel in peak time it is always packed I have been using it for 20 years I have experienced on a number of occaasions the bus driver having to stop the bus and shouting at a passenger to get off as he told us it was a known pickpocket.
Everybody has to make there choices taking their own personal needs into account and I always think that other peoples experiences can only be helpful and I thought that was the whole point of the forum