Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   petrol station near airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/9321-petrol-station-near-airport.html)

smg 09-09-2012 19:40

petrol station near airport

please can anyone confirm the nearest 'manned' petrol station garage to the airport, for topping up on a 'full/full' deal?

PP76 09-09-2012 20:37

The airport has a petrol station which is about two minutes away from the Terminal, I think it was "manned" the last time I used it.

Dunk 10-09-2012 09:11

Hi. We always use a Full/Full companay, usually AVIS/SIXT/HERTZ, but always fill the tank up on the evening before we return at the station in PP, usually try and squeeze as much fuel in as possible and just try and keep a reasonable steady speed to the airport and the fuel guage has always shown full when we drop the car off, not had a problem in the last 8 years, and had a variety of cars, Golfs, A3's, Renaults, Peugeots etc etc both petrol and diesel. This was actually recommended to us by someone we hired a villa off. Saves the stress and hassle of fueling near the airport on the day.

smg 10-09-2012 18:12

ta, got a good deal from Hertz for next year already - none of the brokers seem to be are quoting prices yet - cheaper than Goldcar 2012, + the attraction of full/full, so maybe I'll try that....

only previous experience was trying to fill from auto pump which wouldn't accept my card...in the end,left car 1/2 full, rental co didn't pursue it, probably because they knew we were very unhappy with the hire car(s) that were provided

Lorenzo 10-09-2012 22:37

Filling up before dropping rental car off

Along the lines of Dunk's story, when hiring a car on a full/full basis, we've tended to use the lovely BP petrol station in Inca to refill the tank.

Not only is the station manned, it also offers attended service for filling the tank up. :D

Came in handy when I could not find the lever for opening the petrol cap on one hire car! How was I to know it was hidden away inside the car! Doh!

Then it's only a short drive to the airport, obviously also at a very modest speed!

smg 11-09-2012 02:51

no -one usually overtakes me on the motorway, but that looks like changing next year...

Great Dane 27-09-2012 21:09

On the question of Petrol Stations,is their only one in Pollensa Town or the Port the only one i know of is opposite the Eroski near the roundabout and is that a manned site or is it self service?

Tonsyl 28-09-2012 07:43

You are right in the location of the Port petrol station and that in the Old Town is on the main road through the town, about 400 metres from the main bus stop, not far from PAC. Both the stations in Pollensa Old Town and the Port are self service.

Great Dane 28-09-2012 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonsyl (Post 76495)
You are right in the location of the Port petrol station and that in the Old Town is on the main road through the town, about 400 metres from the main bus stop, not far from PAC. Both the stations in Pollensa Old Town and the Port are self service.

Ok,thanks :)