Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pollensa
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 17:56
Founder

Thumbs up Holiday Autos 25% Off - One Day Only - Mon 10th Sept 2012

Excellent News - Holiday Autos are having a 10 Day Sale - 25% Off Car Hire

Mon 10th - Wed 19th Sep - so hurry!

The featured sale destinations are:
  • 10/09/2012 - Mainland Spain & Balearics
  • 11/09/2012 - Mainland Italy, Sicily & Sardinia
  • 12/09/2012 - Cyprus & Malta
  • 13/09/2012- Crete & Croatia
  • 14/09/2012 - Australia & New Zealand
  • 15/09/2012 - South Africa & UAE
  • 16/09/2012 - Germany, Switzerland & Austria
  • 17/09/2012 - Canary Islands
  • 18/09/2012 - France, Martinique & Guadeloupe
  • 19/09/2012 - UK & Iceland

Just Book with Holiday Autos and Book Your Car Hire!!!

Hurry this offer is only available 10th-19th September 2012.

(Applicable for pickups by 31st March 2013. T&Cs apply.)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29

Cheers for that info Pollensa.

I wonder if this will actually materialise in 'real terms', I'm currently being quoted just £160 for 30 days car hire in December/January from their website. Will I really get this down to £120 I wonder... Won't be bad at £4 per day!!

Steve.
Old 08-09-2012, 18:32
Banned

£4 a day.................is that Fred Flintstone's old motor ?!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00

I am surprised!

I waited here in Queensland until the clock ticked over in the UK to midnight then re-entered my data for the rental period and low and behold the price for the 30 days car hire dropped to £130. Not quite 25% but not far off.

As I'm going to be in Mallorca for the entire winter, with the exception of a visit to the Canaries, I decided at this price I may as well take advantage so I've booked a Opel Corsa for 44 days at £195

Unfortunately once the transaction was complete it states that the rental company will be "Record", of which I've heard a lot of bad things about on this forum, including them making out damage was done to vehicles on return from rental (I think this was Record anyway...).

Fully comp insurance was gonna cost more than the car rental so I thought I'd take my chances, I hope I've done the right thing now

Just one more thing. I have a flight returning from the Canaries late January, via Madrid, which arrives into Palma at 10.45 pm. Does anyone know if this is likely to be too late to pick up a hire car from Record. I figure at these prices I'd be just as cheap to hire another car for a week or two rather than pay for a taxi to PP. I can return the car at a reasonalble time of day, thus allowing me to catch buses back to PP. Do Record have to shuttle you off site in order to pick up your hire car?

Steve.

Last edited by Brisbane; 10-09-2012 at 02:24.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36
Founder

Hi Brisbane,

am really glad that there is a genuine Sale with Holiday Autos today. Re Record, we use then regularly & have not had any issues. I think a lot of the complaints are about the queues which are unlikely in January!

As for the insurance you could try insurance4carhire which you can purchase separately & would work out cheaper but I'm not sure if you can buy it if you are not a UK resident - but may be worth having a look.
Brisbane likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 10-09-2012 at 08:39. Reason: typo!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38

Default Car hire

Well that is a good price!
And out of season, you may well find that the queues are much shorter for Record. I think that you will probably have to pay for a full tank of fuel but given the amount of time you are going to hire the car for that should not be a disadvantage.

Well the good news is that Record are 'on airport' so you won't be shuttled anywhere. They used to have an extra charge for collecting a vehicle after a certain time at night. Think it used to be midnight but maybe best to check on their website.

So that you comply with the law, it is worth asking them about having hi-viz jacket and warning triangles in the car. The last time I rented from them, they told me that I would need to pay extra for the safety equipment.
Brisbane likes this.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:10

Thanks so much for your info pollensa and Lorenzo.

For two weeks car hire from the date I return from Lanzarote at £69 I'm about to make another booking

Thanks again for your info guys.

Steve.
Old 10-09-2012, 19:42

Checked the price of hire care yesterday for next week, saw the Holiday Autos offer so decided to wait for today and the price never changed today so no 25% discount off for us then
Old 10-09-2012, 20:20
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelise80 View Post
Checked the price of hire care yesterday for next week, saw the Holiday Autos offer so decided to wait for today and the price never changed today so no 25% discount off for us then
I think that according to the T&Cs the deal excludes certain times of year e.g. September & Christmas, from specific locations e.g. Palma airport which is a shame. Better luck another time!
Old 10-09-2012, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelise80 View Post
That's strange. My 44 day booking covers Christmas/New Year and pick-up/drop-off is at the airport...

I saw the price drop before my eyes just after midnight, although not quite 25%. I'm just about to book for two weeks at the end of January/beginning Feb for £69, this is definately cheaper than it was before and about 25% less than their closest rival.

I just love the price of car hire during the winter in Mallorca