Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 3 Post By Smiddy
  • 6 Post By Disorderly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2012, 18:46

Default Record & Villa Parade

Anyone any experience of making a claim through Villa Parade for any excess on a Record car hire claim?

I had a minor scrape in my hire car (details here - http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-part-1-a.html ) and I think when I return the car on Saturday I just need some form of report and credit card bill from Record to be able to make a claim on the Excess Waiver cover I took out with Villa Parade. I've just realised Record kept my paperwork so I've no means of checking the process until I get home. Anyone help? :-)

Links
Sponsored Links
Old 30-08-2012, 14:20

We have used Record several times, not out of choice, and they have never even looked at the car when we returned it. As I have posted on the forum before, they seem to rent out cars with lots of dents and scratches, seemingly unchecked, so I don't think I'd bother telling them if it was just a minor matter.
Old 31-08-2012, 13:24

We used Record for the first time, through Villa Parade, and feared the worst given the awful press this company gets!

On picking up the car I checked it over (or so I thought) in the gloom of the car park, and was dismayed to discover, on arrival at PP, that there were a series of deep scrapes on the offside front wing where it had clearly has a brush with a wall.

That said, on returning the car two weeks later, Record staff checked the car, signed it off, and reversed the holding credit card charge in my presence (due to me using insurance4carhire to insure annually the excess, under body, wheels, glass etc).

Been back four weeks and no "nasties" on the Mastercard statement! I'm actually quite surprised that Record supplied two decent cars to us and the service in and out of Palma airport was pretty good.

Life's full of surprises.

Duncan
lollipop likes this.
Old 31-08-2012, 19:49

I've just got home to an ansaphone message from Villa Parade.

When we booked our July/August holiday last year Villa Parade confirmed our booking, including two cars hired with Avis, who offer a Full/Full fuel policy and include two drivers automatically. Ten days before we departed, the final travel documents arrived showing car hire now changed with Record, who operate a Full/Empty fuel policy and charge for extra drivers.

I complained to Villa Parade and they have agreed to the following:-

1) A refund of £70 covering the cost of the additional drivers.
2) I obviously cannot prove how much fuel we used, but Villa Parade has agreed to an increase in the repeat booking discount for next year from the usual £50 to £100.

I've used Villa Parade for years and have to say that this outcome reinforces my belief that they are a good firm to deal with.

I thought that you should know.

Duncan
Old 01-09-2012, 17:57

Just returned my rental to Record. The scratches were too obvious not to own up to. I said before it was an almost new Mercedes and I was ambarrased about the accident but from the way I was spoke to by the guy who checked me in you'd think it was his personal car I'd damaged!

Anyway my credit card is now 600€ heavier and I'll find out on Monday the toal cost - around 1400€ thought the Record guy I've full insurance plus excess cover but it doeas sound as though I've to pay their invoce and then claim back?

Links
Old 06-09-2012, 10:58

1400 euro to re-spray scrathes on a car Somebody's at it!
Old 06-09-2012, 14:34

From the state of some rental cars I've hired, and those I've seen around generally with dinges and scratches, I think it's highly unlikely that cosmetic damage will be repaired at all. There's such a high demand for car hire that operators cannot afford the cars to be in the body shop and not earning their keep.

I'm quite convinced that the rental companies charge customers for damage which is never repaired and, at the end of the season, the cars are auctioned off in their unrepaired state.

Call me cynical.....but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Duncan
Old 12-09-2012, 22:35

anyone have an email address for Customer Services at Record??

I've been trying to get paperwork out of them for my accident repair since I returned from holiday (to allow me to claim). When I phoned them in Palma they said I had to email them for that request. They email address they gave me on the phone - customerservice@recordrentacar.com - just bounces. I then filled in the form on the Contact Us page on their web site but I've had no response that way either... :-(

Malcolm

Links
Old 12-09-2012, 23:11

Record have always been quick to reply to me when I have emailed them cancelling a booking, but thats using the reservations address - reservas@recordrentacar.com

I use insurance4carhire to cover the excess insurances. The list of documents they require for a claim is copied below. I would guess the company Villa Parade are using to operate the excess cover would be asking for similar items.
Perhaps contact Villa Parade and explaining your difficulty might bear fruit. If they have contracted Record for their car hire, they should have some leverage to get the problem sorted.
Can't help giving insurance4carhire a plug - £50 for 12 months equalling 4 rentals cover this year. One claim paid out before the credit card bill was due to be paid. (click through from puertopollensa.com)

· A copy of your Certificate of Insurance from Insurance4carhire.
· A copy of Rental Contract.
· A copy of your Charge Receipt (if separate from the Rental Agreement).
· Renters’ copy of the Vehicle Rental Company accident damage report.
· If the incident by law requires the attendance of the Police, we require a copy of the Police Report.
· Invoices/ Receipts/ Other documentation confirming the amount you have paid in respect of Accident/ Damage/ Loss etc. for which the Vehicle Rental company holds you responsible.
· A copy of your credit card statement showing the payment transaction of the damages claimed.
· A copy of the driving licence of the person driving the rented vehicle involved in the accident.
· The name and address of your bank together with the sort code and account details. You must include a Swift Code and IBAN if you wish any settlement amount to be paid into a non-UK bank account.
Old 12-09-2012, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
anyone have an email address for Customer Services at Record??

I've been trying to get paperwork out of them for my accident repair since I returned from holiday (to allow me to claim). When I phoned them in Palma they said I had to email them for that request. They email address they gave me on the phone - customerservice@recordrentacar.com - just bounces. I then filled in the form on the Contact Us page on their web site but I've had no response that way either... :-(

Malcolm
Re the bouncing - could it be there should be an s on the end of customerservice i.e. customerservices@recordrentacar.com?
Old 13-09-2012, 07:59

Just tried that address too clinkham - that's come back to me too. I'll contact Villa Parade later.

Links