Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   How often have you got the car you booked? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/9147-how-often-have-you-got-car-you-booked.html)

joelise80 06-08-2012 19:42

How often have you got the car you booked?

Just as a matter of interest how many people get the car they resrved? Or is everyone else like us and gets the "or similar" ...
We have only ONCE had the car we reserved which was a Ford Focus. We have reserved a Mercedes and got a Fordo Mondeo, a Renault Clio and got a Fiat Panda so just wondered what are the odds on getting the Audi we have booked for September :) not very high really.

cumberland8 06-08-2012 21:46

20 years never the motor I paid for,at the mo dog of a ka drinks petrol like Er Indoors drinks G&T s for those of you who know her its athirsty bugger.

its cd 06-08-2012 22:16

Interestingly we have almost always got the car we have reserved

Usually use record (I know ...... But believe it or not we have never had to queue for more than 20mins which I put down to early morning flights and my sprint from the plane to the desk )

We usually ask for a berlingo or nemo affectionately known to us as " The bread van" certainly not at all luxurious but great for 5adults and all the beach gear and picnic gear on days out

I guess not many people want one so we are not exactly fighting people for it ...... But it suits us

copper 07-08-2012 08:10

Very rarely got the one we booked !!

We normally book a small one and are upgraded ! We were upgraded once on the Costa Brava when we didnt want to be as we ended up with an enormous car and the apartment had an underground carpark which was best described as " tight" !

smg 07-08-2012 13:38

have always got what requested, upgraded a few times

The Bodger 07-08-2012 15:04

Beware the upgrade.....do you really need it?........how much more fuel will you pay for and not use? Bodge (also known as tightwad for some reason)!!

pollensa 07-08-2012 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bodger (Post 74611)
Beware the upgrade.....do you really need it?........how much more fuel will you pay for and not use?

Agree - we try to stick with a tiny car (& less fuel to waste) if we can...

joelise80 07-08-2012 19:44

CD we must travel at a totally different time to you as we are often offered a Berlingo :) and we have never ever requested one.

El Gordo 07-08-2012 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelise80 (Post 74624)
CD we must travel at a totally different time to you as we are often offered a Berlingo :) and we have never ever requested one.

Think yourselves lucky..:D...a couple of years ago when you were lucky if they had a car for you, despite having booked six months ahead, I was upgraded to a Ford Connect?? a bit like a transit!!! with builders rubble still in the back!!:eek:

I counted myself as one of the lucky ones that year!!:rolleyes: