Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Record (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/8643-record.html)

Jilly 13-04-2012 22:09

Record

Stopped using Record a while back due to the long queues, slow paperwork process and older cars (some with over 100k on the clock) but prices were so good used them again this Easter.

Got new C Max with 700 kilometres on clock - guy next to me got one with 7 kilometres on clock - and service very quick and efficient. Full / empty fuel policy is still a pain but brought it back 1/4 full so still much cheaper than anyone else. Drop off was quick, hand over key and no inspection needed.

Using them again in 2 weeks so hope they keep it up

clinkham 13-04-2012 23:12

Onsite changes to car hire at Palma airport

The arrivals hall at Palma airport has been changed since our last visit in 2011. The car hire offices are now all situated outside the luggage reclaim area. I.e. you have to exit the reclaim area (with no return permissable) to access the offices.
I too had little problem with queues but from a Do You Spain quote of 30 odd Euros, ended up paying 78 Euros extra for fuel on a full/empty basis for the diesel Fiesta. On a four day hire:eek:

I did think of leaving the engine running overnight to get my money's worth, and reduce the profit Record was making on the fuel deal, but Mrs Clinkham told me not to be silly. She was probably right ....

There certainly should be more clarity when these cowboys give you a quote. And a list of tank sizes for every model of car in the fleet so the punter can choose the smallest tank and therefore cost would be a good idea.

cumberland8 13-04-2012 23:26

Despite warning my mates not to use Record last week they forgot & waited 55 mins to be served in the new location ( 12 in the que).You have all been warned.

lollipop 14-04-2012 08:49

I think the desks outside are probably only a temporary measure whilst the upgrade work is being done,but not sure. Daughters booked through Doyouspain and had Record car, new Fiesta but full to full on a weekend trip.

clinkham 14-04-2012 11:10

I think rentals up to three days are on a full to full basis. Four days or more is full/empty basis. We are here for four days. Doh!

roig cat 16-04-2012 18:53

Economy car hire are using a company that offers full to full on a 6 day rental. They are called Automotive. Ive booked them for three dyas in November so if I remember Ill report back.

Jilly 19-04-2012 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 70234)
I think rentals up to three days are on a full to full basis. Four days or more is full/empty basis. We are here for four days. Doh!

Off their website

"For rentals with a duration of 4 or more rental days, the customer will pay in advance for a full tank of fuel and will have to return the vehicle as empty as possible. Please, be aware that unused fuel will not be refunded.

- For rentals with a duration of less than 4 days, the following options would apply:
Full-Half: Customer will pay for half a tank of fuel and the vehicle will have to be returned half.
Full-Empty: Customer will pay for a full tank of fuel and it will have to be returned as empty as possible.
Full-Full: Customer will have to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel."

Out next week and got 5 blokes in a C-Max for 41 euros and only pay for the fuel used. Great deal and landing late so hope no queues

Jilly 30-04-2012 21:07

Ah well, normal service resumed ! About 10 in the queue so half hour wait around 22.30 and both sides were very busy.

Got another new C-Max which was great although the guys faux shock when I resisted the "full insurance" at 50% of the hire car price annoyed me - hard sell never works.

Just don't know why, as you put all your details online, they still take so long with the paperwork ?

Nick 30-04-2012 22:36

I've recently noticed that this "full insurance" con price wise has gone through the roof. That together with the full tank of fuel makes the car hide a very expensive experience now.

It's getting beyond a joke.

Tonsyl 01-06-2012 16:33

I should know better !
Took advantage of the Holiday Autos "discount day" and got a Record rental. Now I have said before that their vehicles leave something to be desired but this one took the biscuit, a Hyundai Getz that had not only been round the block a couple of times but had also been driven into the walls a few times too! It was mechanically sound but must rate as the worst "cosmetically speaking" rental vehicle I have ever had.
On the subject of queues, the air side queue was horrendous but we went round to the "public" side and got served straight away!! 2 girls on the airside and a big wait, 2 girls on the other side just sat chatting, must be a record..........excuse the pun!