Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-2012, 15:48

Default Car hire companies

Hi
havent been to Polensa for a few years, returning to rent a villa again this year now the exchange rate is looking better again.
I have been looking at hiring a car from the airport for last 2 weeks of july and the best I can find with excess insurance for roof, tyres and so on is auto bookers have any opinions on them?
Sponsored Links
Old 24-02-2012, 00:51

Default Avis

Some good rates with Avis for end of march especially seeing as they do a full full fuel arrangement. only problem is the website does not say how much they charge for an additional driver and I can't get a response via email. .they just keep telling me it will be confirmed on arrival which is not really satisfactory

Anyone paid for extra driver with Avis recently
Old 24-02-2012, 13:48

Found this on their UK website as we have used them before & could remember checking price.

Spain
Additional Driver

fee for Mainland and Balearic Islands is EUR 6.00 (excl tax) per day with a maximum charge of EUR 60.00 (excl tax)
Canary Islands additional driver fee is EUR 5.00 (excl tax) per day

Young Driver fee is EUR 17.32 (excl tax) per day
This applies to drivers betweeen 23-25 years
Old 25-02-2012, 10:18

I have a friend who is planning to pop to PP for a few days in March. They would like to hire a car and we all know what a minefield this is!!

Any suggestions or any comments re 'Do you Spain'? I can't seem to find very much but then it is early in the morning!
Old 25-02-2012, 11:44

If you search 'Car hire Do You Spain' on here there are 3 older threads to look at.
Old 25-02-2012, 11:54

Thanks cheryl - I couldn't find them - will take another look but didn't go back too far as things change so quickly with car hire companies and had hoped someone may have had recent experience. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by eleanor; 25-02-2012 at 11:55. Reason: spelling
Old 25-02-2012, 13:14

Hi. I am new to this forum and visitin PP for the first time with my family. Looking for tips on car hire. Need a 7 seater. have looked at Formentor Rent a Car as they are local. Does anyone know anything about them?
Old 25-02-2012, 13:24
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum , here are some opinions http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-car-hire.html
Old 25-02-2012, 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
I have a friend who is planning to pop to PP for a few days in March. They would like to hire a car and we all know what a minefield this is!!

Any suggestions or any comments re 'Do you Spain'? I can't seem to find very much but then it is early in the morning!
I've read quite a few very negative 'Do you Spain' comments - although we have used them in the past without problem. We have booked through Carjet this year - also used them before and they have been ok - car is with Goldcar which is in the airport. Hope this helps
Old 25-02-2012, 17:03

Thanks Rosie. Car hire is a minefield and what is good one year can change very much the next. Thank you for your suggestion which i wil pass on.
Old 26-02-2012, 09:05

Suzanne, we have been using Motos Formentor for a few years now and are very impressed with them. No queuing at the airport as they don't have a desk there - they meet you in the airport car park and the whole process takes about ten minutes. We then go and pay at their PP office during our stay and simply drop the car back in the car park on departure. The cars we have had have all been relatively low mileage, clean and in good condition.
Old 26-02-2012, 13:30

Thanks Kate. I have looked at their website and they seem to have a good selection of cars. There are 6 of us so we need a 7 seater. I will send them a wee email and see what they say. Thanks
Old 28-02-2012, 16:20

Has anyone dealt with Autos Roig? Someone recommended them but have read some bad reviews online. I know car hire companies are all the same but hoped a local one would give better service
Old 28-02-2012, 18:34

Welcome Suzanne - I have used Autos Roig on numerous occassions and always found them to be good. Nice cars - good service - and when things go wrong they are quickly sorted. They are more expensive than some of the others though.