Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 16:06

Default Hiper Rentacar

Anybody used them before & if so what they are like. The service includes greeting at airport then free bus transfer to collect your car which is according to them only a 4 minute's from the airport & is free as they are not situated within the airport.

On second thought's I should have read further down the threads as someone has already posted about them sorry.

Last edited by mwc; 12-01-2012 at 16:10. Reason: Addition
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 17:25
Banned

They are okay and yes, about 4 minutes drive from the airport via their free shuttle bus.

I've used them several times and found their cars fine mechanically but as far as as condition and cleanliness goes don't expect too much !!

The only good thing is that any scuffs or minor bumps you might incur will probably not be picked up by staff when you return the car.
In fact Hiper, along with that other "heap" motor company Record, have never even inspected a car I've left which just shows how much they value their motors !!!
Old 12-01-2012, 21:12

We have used them 3 times and they have always been fine - nice cars free upgrade and no hassle
Old 13-01-2012, 10:46

Oh well, sounds ok to me, thank's for that.
Old 23-01-2012, 18:06

Default Hiper

I have just got a good deal via Auto Europe with Hiper, 22 days in March for £67!!!! (less a further £5 via a cashback site!!) have used both Auto Europe and Hiper a few times and have had no problems. The only downside is the limited opening, 7am to 10pm, and Hiper being off site.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 23-01-2012 at 18:07. Reason: Added month of rental
Old 23-01-2012, 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
They are okay and yes, about 4 minutes drive from the airport via their free shuttle bus.
It is worth remembering that you often have to wait on the bus until the customers they are expecting have all boarded.

Whilst the actual bus journey to their premises may be short, on busy Saturdays, the queues once there can still be very long and this certainly eats into your holiday time.

I have used them twice, and the second time it was over an hour and a half from finding their rep at the airport to leaving their carpark.

Likewise, when you return, you have to find their premises (easy, although perhaps not as easy as dropping the car back at the airport) and then wait for your bus to transfer you.

It depends on when you are going, and how important time and to save a few pounds is to you. The desks at the airport get very busy, but I have never waited the length of time that I did with Hiper.
Old 23-01-2012, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemallorca View Post
It is worth remembering that you often have to wait on the bus until the customers they are expecting have all boarded.

Whilst the actual bus journey to their premises may be short, on busy Saturdays, the queues once there can still be very long and this certainly eats into your holiday time.

I have used them twice, and the second time it was over an hour and a half from finding their rep at the airport to leaving their carpark.

Likewise, when you return, you have to find their premises (easy, although perhaps not as easy as dropping the car back at the airport) and then wait for your bus to transfer you.

It depends on when you are going, and how important time and to save a few pounds is to you. The desks at the airport get very busy, but I have never waited the length of time that I did with Hiper.
Yes Love, I agree with what you say. In busy times if you go with any of the cheaper companies that have their fleet sold by brokers you may have the same problem.

One year I waited over two hours at Record, noticing that Europcar was empty so I booked with Europcar the next year. When I arrived the queues were at Europcar and not at Record!! It depends on their individual marketing strategies and who they are willing to deal with at thetime.

Out of season, and because I am not in such a hurry, I am willing to chance it.

My FlickR Photos
Old 23-01-2012, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Yes Love, I agree with what you say. In busy times if you go with any of the cheaper companies that have their fleet sold by brokers you may have the same problem.

One year I waited over two hours at Record, noticing that Europcar was empty so I booked with Europcar the next year. When I arrived the queues were at Europcar and not at Record!! It depends on their individual marketing strategies and who they are willing to deal with at thetime.

Out of season, and because I am not in such a hurry, I am willing to chance it.
I have used Centaur on 3 occasions recently,waiting 30 minutes once and no waiting the other 2 times. Albeit this was in june and september time.
The only problem is returning the car to the airport as you dice with other vehicles to try and find the right slip road to leave the motorway.
It is easier to come and go from the airport, but I have had no problems Centaur.

Ronnie
Old 24-01-2012, 11:32

Smile

For the money I have saved we are willing to waste an hour or so out of our three week's.
Old 23-02-2012, 14:41

So pleased we booked car hire early again, have just checked site we booked with & the same deal has now gone up over £300.
Old 27-03-2012, 14:29

Result !!!, just had an email to say car hire company has now been changed from Hiper to Europcar so don't even have to wait for shuttle bus now.