Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Who does Full / Full fuel policy (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/8032-who-does-full-full-fuel-policy.html)

Jilly 16-09-2011 18:11

Who does Full / Full fuel policy

Hi

Over in October and a bit fed up getting ripped off on paying for a full tank of fuel.

Had a trawl through the threads but can't see a list of who does Full/Full

Anyone know who does it ?

Many thanks

Lorenzo 16-09-2011 21:01

full to full fuel policy

We have used Sixt & Europcar and they both operate full/full for fuel.
There may be others too but these are the ones we have used.

Harters 16-09-2011 22:57

Avis do full/full

Baglanboyo 17-09-2011 11:48

Used both Atesa and Centauro in the last 12 months both have a full / full fuel policy.
Atesa are based on site at the airport whilst Centauro are based off site with an excellent mini bus service and would recommend both companies but personally found the Centauro off site option the better choice.

mallorcaboy 19-09-2011 19:35

Autos Estrellas always used to do this standard. Pick up full bring back full

Golfaholics 20-09-2011 13:14

Full/full car hire

Auto's Estrellas do have a full/full policy and are highly recommended. Reasonable rates and no queues at the airport - just pick up the key's from the representative on the 4th floor of the multi storey and drive away.

You pay by credit/debit card for the car hire and then if you don't leave it quite full they will top up and just charge your card for the amount. In over 20 years of using them and often leaving the tank only 3/4 full I have never felt that I have been "done" with the resulting charge.

Disorderly 20-09-2011 13:27

I've used Avis for the last couple of years and they certainly do full/full. The office is in the car park and I've found the queuing, even in July/August, to be fairly tolerable. Each time I've gone from plane to car hire while others collect the bags and I've always got the car keys before the rest of the party emerge from the baggage hall.

I once spent more time queuing at Goldcar that the flight from Liverpool....they're OK out of season, though.

Rich 20-09-2011 13:56

Used National Atesa in July, which was booked through Holiday Autos. That was on a full/full basis. Cracking brand new Citroen C3 which was a free upgrade from what I'd booked. Filled it up in PP before we left for the airport and (as hoped) the guage was still pointing at 'F' when we dropped it off.

Resultio maxima :)

Jilly 28-09-2011 22:34

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

We need a larger family Berlingo type car so for completeness the results where

- Record - £170 but fuel to pay approx 70 euro
- Sixt - £170 on full / full
- Europcar - only premium brands where large enough so too expensive
- Avis - same as Europcar
- National Atesa - as abov

So the winner was Sixt - with speedy check in in car park thrown in as well