Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   HIPER Car rental (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/7891-hiper-car-rental.html)

KIRKY 19-08-2011 10:34

HIPER Car rental

Just got a car through Economy car rentals and they have put us with Hiper Rentals. Anyone used them ? Are they any good?
They say they will meet us with a bus and take us to the car, how far away are they? Daft question, but do we all go to the car with our cases etc??
Tony

Belladonna 19-08-2011 10:39

Hi Kirky,

Have found a FAQ page on their website for you. See if it helps.

Hiper Rent a Car

Harters 19-08-2011 11:37

Tony

Yes, you'll all go on the bus to the pick-up compound. I'm sure we've had one from Hiper a few years back. I think the compound is just off the airport and dead easy for access to the motorway.

Personally I prefer "off site" as there isnt the driving hassle of the airport car park which can be a real pain at times, when you're getting used to changing gear with the wrong hand. .

John

KIRKY 19-08-2011 11:41

Thanks guys, never heard of them before.
You over in Sept John?
Tony

sws97sdg 19-08-2011 11:59

They are a well know company, we used them a lot in the past for short term hire as they had a depot in the port, in fact may still be there anyone know? They were in Calle Monges or El cano

alex&sarah 19-08-2011 12:39

HIPER car rental

We used them last week. Quite acceptable, car had no hubcaps and a bit scruffy but cheaper than Centauro. Their courtesy bus leaves from ground level near the local bus stand just outside Arrivals. They did charge us an extra 20 euros for collecting the car after 8pm. I'm taking this up with Holiday Autos.

Harters 19-08-2011 12:42

Tony

Yep - 2 weeks from 27/8. Rented a place near town - comes with inclusive car from Avis.

KIRKY 19-08-2011 13:01

John, missing you by a week! we are there from 17th! We are in Olivia apartment.
Tony

majprop 19-08-2011 16:01

Kirky, I do not know anything about their service but the good side is that if there is a problem with the car they have an office in the Port in the Calle El Cano.

Nick 19-08-2011 18:07

Used them quite a few times. Cheap enough but cars are a bit tatty and well worn........they do go though !!!

And yes, there is an office on the main road into PP which is one reason why I've used them.

sws97sdg 19-08-2011 21:43

Have to say the cars we had were never worn and old, but always brand new and in fact once they had a Ferrari spider convertible inside which I drooled upon until they asked me to leave

Nick 19-08-2011 21:56

Every Hiper car I've ever seen has always looked a bit tired and worn, never seen a new one? but there you go....

I even looked round there compound last time to see if there was anything without dents in it or bits fallen off but to no avail !!

; - )

sws97sdg 19-08-2011 22:09

That was never our experience, we had lovely new Renaults including Scenics which inspired us to eventually get one, not new though

cherylbb 20-08-2011 09:11

We have used Hiper a couple of times. First time we had a brand new car, second time a year old car, very clean & no probs. Easy to find compound, good service.

KIRKY 26-09-2011 23:30

Just returned from a great stay, Hiper Cars are not a good rental company!
They gave us a very tatty bruised Skoda which got us to PP, I asked if there was anything better but told all of their cars are the same! At PP the clutch started to burn out so got a replacement from PP Hiper, some very unhappy clients at PP shop , was rarely open and attitude not good.
Also this full /empty charge is pure rip off! Hard to use up a full tank of diesel in a week so they gain an extra £30-00!
Will take my bike next time!
Tony