Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 20:43

Default Back to the Airport

Maybe a bit of a daft question.

I know the route like the back of my hand to PP from the airport. But going back I'm not sure and I will be making 3 trips to the airport this month.

There is a small sign to an airport off the motorway which I allways thought was a commercial airport. We ignore this one and carry on down the motorway for some distance around Palma to a main sign and a slip road.

The route back seems longer I know I am on the motorway for a longer time on the return journey. On the way out I take various exits as the directions on this site, am I using the right route? or should I be taking an earlier exit from the motorway.

After 12 years would think I knew my way by now. Trying to save some time on the boring drive to the airport so I can spend longer on the beach
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 21:49

The directions on Google Maps give a distance of 66.6 km between the airport and the PP roundabout and a time of 52 min when staying on the motorway.
For turning off the the motorway and using the Ma-30 the distance is 65.1 km and the time is 59 minutes.

If you're making the trip 3 times it might be worth having a look at the Ma-30 route to see something different, but it's hardly worth the detour (have a 'drive' on Google Maps Streetview).

Last time I did a pick-up trip to the airport I stopped at the Bodega Macia Batle (Bodegas Macià Batle - Tradición de vino mallorquin desde 1856) in Santa Maria del Cami (Exit 12) to break the trip (and replenish stocks for our stay).
Old 02-08-2011, 23:19

ma 30 route can be quicker on a busy Saturday

we've not done the full motorway route since we discovered it, handy for Alcampo stock up as well
Old 03-08-2011, 19:21

The ma30 route tends to be less busy. We always use it now, after being stuck in traffic around Palma on numerous occassions, and have never had a problem
Old 03-08-2011, 20:28

Thanks all for the replys. Just to clarify is the MA30 route the first sign for the airport off the motorway I mentioned before.

Thanks again
Old 03-08-2011, 22:10

According to my Michelin road map of Mallorca (and various web-sites) you travel south-west along the Ma13 - the Alcudia to Palma motorway - and come off at Junction 4 onto the Ma30. Continue to follow the signs to the airport. I have travelled this way many time but its always a little tricky depending on the time of day and the amount of traffic on the road. I am usually on the motorway about 8 a.m. and it gets very busy the closer to Palma you get. Dare I say, as wives are not always the best of navigators, it is best to slow down just a little and try and take in all the signs.
Do check again and good luck with your return journey.

Another suggestion for 'Pollensa' - As we have a route from Palma Airport to Pollensa on this web-site, how about putting one on for the return journey. It may help those who are not too sure (I would think more people than you can imagine).
Old 03-08-2011, 23:48

Try this Link:

Puerto Polensa to Palma Airport

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 04-08-2011 at 00:18. Reason: Slightly modified End Destination to outside Carpark
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23

We always use the Ma30 both ways, if you are worried that it may be busy you can be guaranteed the other way will be worst, it keeps you away from all the local Palma traffic. Yes Timberman its the small airport sign by Alcampo, we to thought it was a Small airport the first few times back on the new route, I dont think they want to advertise it too much

On island time!!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:58

there is an airstrip just after the first roundabout from the motorway; that is what the 'small' sign is for, but the main airport is signposted on the MA30 shortly afterwards
Old 04-08-2011, 09:00

Ah mystery solved, what a forum!

On island time!!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42

The 'small' airport is called Son Bonet and handles about 8,000 flights a year.
It was built during the 1920's and was Mallorcas first Civil airfield. Son Sant Joan (Palma Airport) was then a Military establishment. Son Bonet handles both domestic and international flights for small and private aircraft as well as helicopters.
Old 04-08-2011, 19:03

great, that's where we'll arrive when the ticket comes up, then
Old 04-08-2011, 19:09

Thanks everyone for all the replys very helpfull.

Sure I got it sussed now. Just hate the drive back to the airport all round Palma perhaps because we are normally on our way home.

Must be mad doing all these return trips picking up and dropping off and one of them is at 10pm. Perhaps I should make a bit of money and start a taxi service while I'm there.

Thanks again