Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2011, 14:39

Default Automotive Cars

Anyone used "Automotive Cars"? They don't have a booth in the airport, Doyouspain tell me to proceed to the Arrivals hall and there will be someone directing us to a bus. Does anyone know where they are based? Doyouspain did me a very good price, €304 for 2 weeks end of August - September for a VW Golf 4 door.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2011, 13:13

Can I say that sounds far too cheap....... I have not heard of them. What are other people paying for car hire in August - is is possible to get the car that cheap ?? How much are they charging for fuel or is there additional costs for insurance or something? Local cars now in June are charging about 40€ a day or more.
Old 20-06-2011, 14:08
Founder

There are a variety of companies incuding comparison sites here Discount Car Hire - Mallorca - Majorca - Palma Airport to give you an idea of what other companies are charging.
Old 20-06-2011, 15:13

read an article in yesterdays Telegraph re- complaints about car hire firms doyouspain have been slated, I would avoid.
you should be able to get a copy online.
Old 20-06-2011, 22:54

Booked flights for last two weeks in August last November and even then Economy Car Hire were quoting a number of suppliers at a very offputting minimum of £540!! Decided to cab it up and down for the usual 146 euros and hire for a few days here and there which is working out at about 75 euros a day for a 7 seater from that little place near Matchpoint - we enquired only a few days ago.
Good luck!
Old 21-06-2011, 18:29

Have seen prices similar to this, check out moneysupermarket.com, other companies offering similar prices. Prices were higher last year - I had to shell out over £450 for a car in Italy for 14 days around about the same time.

I think I'll ask doyouspain to change me to an onsite company and see what they say. Cheers.
Old 21-06-2011, 18:53

I've used DoYouSpain several times and had no problem. They don't charge up front so if you find something cheaper you can just cancel. I've never heard of 'Automotive Cars' mind you but they often use Record or Goldcar (on site but with queues), Centauro (just off site) which have been OK for me. I used Holiday Autos for 2 weeks in July this year and paid £250 so I don't think you quote is unusual but the prices are going up for peak weeks.
Old 21-06-2011, 23:27

How on earth did you get 2 weeks for £250 this July ?

We only need a week in July and have now given up and decided to use resorthoppa because we couldn;t get anything less than £250 for the week

We do need a 5 seater ( Berlingo or Focus estate / Seat Leon etc ) but to be honest even the small cars were well over the price you have got

How long ago did you book ?

Last edited by its cd; 21-06-2011 at 23:32.
Old 23-06-2011, 08:50

Default automotive car hire

We used automotive car hire in May through Do you Spain.. Excellent service and value for money- we were even given the choice of 3 cars - all nearly new. Fuel is on the basis of you collect full and return full only pay for fuel used. The info on how to collect car was misleading what you do is take the lift to departures on floor 2 and the mini bus will collect you in the same area as where cars deposit people to enter the departure terminal. Transfer time is 5 to 10 minutes and they have 2 new buses. Would not hesitate to use again.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43
Under Moderation

Barleyboy,

How did you proceed at drop off .Was any mini bus also to the airport.Did you drop off the car in the opening times of the office or out of the opening times?
Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40

It is possible to get good deals on car hire similar to Mudsharks if, however, you book early enough. I booked my two week car hire for August back in October through Car Rentals for a Peugeot 308 Stationwagon or similar for 367 euros for the two weeks. And when I got my voucher emailed through the car hire provider is Europcar. A double result for me really!
Old 07-07-2011, 21:22

Just been checking round for something for September. Looked at Do you Spain and a bit put off by their suggestion of the sterling equivalent to their Euro prices.
Oh that the exchange rate was that good.
Currently quoting for a Focus at 140 Euros, and suggesting a sterling equivalent of £109. According to Visa current exchange rate, 140 euros equates to £126.
For a fortnight the figures are 262 Euros – suggested £ equiv £204 – current exchange rate £238
Wonder how many people have been taken in by this sleight of hand?

Last edited by clinkham; 07-07-2011 at 21:24.
Old 10-07-2011, 16:40

Yeah - I noticed doyouspains exchange rate was a bit off too. These people try all the tricks. I wrote to doyouspain about being offsite and they appeared not to take any notice but a few days later I got a new voucher that is with Auriga Crown at the same price. However this is a full-empty deal. They also seem to have removed the link from the latest voucher to allow you to change supplier. Looks like I've used up my one chance! Will stick with it for now and check prices nearer the time as I can still cancel this for free up to a few days before the hire begins.
Old 01-08-2011, 18:33

I cancelled the doyouspain gig and kept an eye on prices. Started to go up again last week so I booked through hirecarsinspain.com which got me a focus for 14 days (from 27th Aug) at €285/£252 (supplier is Goldcar). It's a full - empty deal but I guess that this is the best deal in town because the cheapest full - full I could find was £314 (Atesa/National), a massive £62 more - I don't think the fuel rip off will come to that - maybe £30 or so.
Old 01-08-2011, 18:41

Default hire car fuel

I have to say that I think you will be lucky if you manage to get away with just 30 euros-ish for the purchase of a full tank of fuel.
Most hire car companies seem to charge 50 euros plus. They often try to explain the rather high charge by saying that it includes a hidden charge for one of their operatives to go to get the fuel!
Do let us know how you get on!