Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 21:11

Default Resorthoppa - Mostly Good (& occasionally bad)

The Fussies have used Resorthoppa for the last 3 if not 4 years. Generally there have been issues on transfers from Palma to PP with delays of more than the stated 45 minutes. I can accept that as flights are rarely on time and getting baggage from can at times be a nightmare. However on the plus side returns have always gone smoothly with accurate pick-up times coupled with arrivals at or near checkin desk opening times.

So could this year be any improvement? No, absolutely the worst service in both directions. Palma to PP - you've just missed the bus next one will be in approximately 45 minutes. Well to their credit it was there, actually it was there when the other bus left, we waited 45 minutes till they opened the door then another 45 minutes till the bus was full.

On return my brother who was in Playa de Muro ended up after an hour on the bus being met by Miss Fussie in PP. She was less than happy with her collection time can't imagine he was enthused either especially as it took him 3 hours to get from Palma to Playa de Muro. They arrived at Palma 1 1/2 hours before checkin opened. Brother incidently had his transfer booked through Jet2.com. The Fussies return collection confirmation was met with incredulity a full 5 hours and 20 minutes prior to departure and we were one of the last to board. This was pulled forward 2 hours and 20 minutes from initial booking

Whats going on - its all about cutting costs, offloading the transportation to subcontractors, using larger coaches and running them less frequently. OK the price is good but not that good that you have to get up in the middle of the night to catch an afternoon flight. I don't thing the Fussies will be using this service again.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 21:26

Hi

I was a bit annoyed about my transfer until I read yours !!

We used Travel Republic and went to the Viagesurbis desk at the airport but there were signs up for Resort Hoppa as well so dont know if it is one and the same We had a bit of a delay with luggage ( is this getting more common at Palma lately ?? ) and when we went to the desk we were told our wait was an hour ( their max time ) We sat on coach and driver put air con on and waited 1hr 10 min but a quick tfr so calmed down !!

Coming back our estimated time was 08.45 but when we checked the day before it had changed to 07.50 which was 4 hrs 30mins before our flight !! Is this decent time put on as a lure to get you in at first !!

I wish there was a mid range price to get there We only paid £28 in total for the 2 of us whereas a taxi would have been £150 so no contest until you sit for over an hour thinking I could have been on the beach by now !
If anyone knows other options I would be pleased to hear them Other places we have visited have had minibus transfers which have been much quicker
Old 05-07-2011, 10:03

We always use resorthoppa, admittedly, we usually travel April/May & Sept/Oct and have always found them to be fine, a short wait perhaps while other passengers load at the airport. Once off the plane, I am on holiday and it doesn't matter to me that I am sitting waiting to set off to our resort, I look on the actual journey as a cheap excursion from Palma to PP, modern coaches, comfortable seats, aircon and fabulous views all the way.

However, there is an alternative, only advertised this year, this is RH speedy service, where you can pay an extra £8 and they guarantee that the coach will make no more than 4 stops, I presume this would be a smaller coach or even a minibus, so waiting should be shorter. Not tried it so can't comment but may be suitable for those who want a speedier service.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:55

I do hope the Hopper people are reading this thread because it looks like they may be loosing the plot that would be so sad I have used them for years and use them almost every month untill now they have been great I would be lost if they started to go down hill
Old 05-07-2011, 13:56

Angry

We also had an hour and a half wait on the coach in Palma when we visited in May. Also had to put up with an amazingly rude, sarcastic staff member when I rang to check the time we were being picked up. Finally the coach was over 20 mins late for the return journey pick up. It's sad that they know that cost wise they are still very reasonable but have a take it or leave it attitude!
Old 05-07-2011, 16:58

We too travelled by Resorthoppa. Arrived Palma airport about 9.pm on the Saturday night and got to PP about 11.15pm. It was fine.

On our return our pick up time was 8.50am on Sunday and the bus was there just after 8.30am. This was a double decker bus, already quite full downstairs, but we got seats at the front. It took about 35 minutes to get from the Romantic Hotel to the Habitat apartments then we were straight to the airport, arriving just after 10.00am. We were OK on the bus but I would not have liked to have been one of the last people on and had to go upstairs.

I think the bus started from Alcudia so some people must have been on much longer than us.

However, for the money it was great. £30 return for both of us + approximately £3 in cashback from Top Cashback.com.

I was just delighted a bus turned up at all as the last time we tried to use them in the Algarve nothing arrived and we had to dash to get cash and then a taxi to the airport. I did eventually get a refund.

I was also pleased to discover that you can check your return time on line which was contrary to what I had been informed when I booked the transfer initially. I would certainly use them again.
Old 05-07-2011, 20:11

Curlytom,
The service you received is much as I would have expected from previous visits. Some travellers appear to be lucky with transfers others less so. I feel though the overall service has deteriorated and in part this is due to the additional problems of transfering package holiday company passengers as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:48

This only works if there are few in your party as there are with ours. There are 6 of us and we book a taxi via Los Zarzalos restaurant and they are excellent and the cost works out at around 100 euros each way. I had always heard good reports about Resorthoppa but we have never bothered because for us it is probably around the same cost for the way that we do it now.
Old 12-07-2011, 22:21

Hi
We were planning to use resorthoppa for our trip in august.
I'm a little concerned now. We used it last year and it took forever. With a 2 year old this was somewhat painful.
Somebody mentioned RH speedy service but I can't find a contact for them.
Has anyone used them?
Many thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa07 View Post
This only works if there are few in your party as there are with ours. There are 6 of us and we book a taxi via Los Zarzalos restaurant and they are excellent and the cost works out at around 100 euros each way. I had always heard good reports about Resorthoppa but we have never bothered because for us it is probably around the same cost for the way that we do it now.
Thats interesting - I was quoted £150 for 7 ..... maybe 7 is a tipping point ..... shame because we opted for Resort hoppa and now we are only 6 ..... would have definitely gone for Los Z taxi at 100euros
Old 13-07-2011, 08:40

I have visitors in August, but as there are 5 of them, had a quote from Zarza taxis for 95 each way. The family decided to hire a car in the end, but I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Old 13-07-2011, 10:09

Have used them 3 times this year and had very little problems, waited an hour at Palma for the Manchester flight which had been delayed, that was the longest ever! On the plus side the itinery now seems to be PP 1st drop and PP last pick-up. Indeed we were picked up from PP on Monday and had checked-in at Palma in under a hour. Although the coach was not the best and had no air-conditioning
Old 13-07-2011, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booble View Post
Hi
We were planning to use resorthoppa for our trip in august.
I'm a little concerned now. We used it last year and it took forever. With a 2 year old this was somewhat painful.
Somebody mentioned RH speedy service but I can't find a contact for them.
Has anyone used them?
Many thanks
its still resort hoppa but when you make the booking they usually
offer the speedy service as a choice just before you finalise
but as i said earlier, it looks as if they are coming to pp first to
drop off and last to pick up so might not be worth paying
the difference
Old 13-07-2011, 11:30

thanks for that smiddy I to was ever so slightly concerned that it might delay my first glass of vino
Old 13-07-2011, 18:17

I was wondering whether i wax going to have to buy a bottle at the airport

And before anyone posts and tells me I shouldn't drink on the bus .... It's z joke lol