Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2011, 10:40
Under Moderation

Default Car hire advice

We are coming to Mallorca for 10 days mid/late July.
I do not want to queue for the car hire, and would like any car hire recommendation for somewhere that's in the airport itself (don't want the hassle of a bus transfer) and that rarely has queues, or a local car hire company that meets you from the plane to hand over the car/keys.
After seeing good reviews of Terry's on here, have tried to book with them, but they have no smaller cars, the only one they had was a people carrier at 900+
I don't mind paying a little extra but don't want to pay extortionate prices.
Normally go on Travelsupermarket, but don't want to end up at the same desk as everyone else!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-06-2011, 08:54

We have just come back from PP yesterday and we used Terry,s car hire again. this car hire is the best as far as i,m concerned, no hassle whatsoever they tell you where the car is ours was on level 3 E/F and the key is on the wheel you then just drive away. When you come back you leave the car where they tell you leave it, the documents in the boot and the key and lock it. All you do is give them a ring to confirm this, amazing firm faultless and reasonable
Old 26-06-2011, 15:17

We use Auriga Crown and do the paperwork in the terminal and then just go across and pick up the car from their area on the ground floor of the multi storey. We normally do the car stuff before getting the cases off the carousel and have never had to queue yet. Having said that, we dont travel in high season - usually May and October. Good luck
Old 26-06-2011, 17:32

Default Car Hire Advice

1) If you end up with a company with an office onsite at the airport, the queue 'airside' is often shorter than the queue beyond the exit doors.

Ergo, get your car before you pass through the doors - 'cos you cannot come back through the exit doors.

2) If you return to the same company, they will have retained your details from the previous rental. This can save some time.

3) Make sure you have your passport, driving licence, and holiday address with you when you join the queue. (For all those numpties in years gone gone by who stood in front of me without these details, I forgive you).
Old 26-06-2011, 20:20

a top tip if you use auriga crown, which i always do.. queue at the side near the baggage collection, if you can, not the side facing the exit. i have seen one person at that side be ignored for ages while the queue was served from the baggage collection side.. I asked the guy why and he said that was the priority side .
Old 27-06-2011, 09:55

We always use Autos Roig

They are not the cheapest, if you go with the cheapest you will queue.

Autos Roig have a staff member waiting to meet you at a certain place at the airport that is very easy to find and is generally very quiet.
Paperwork completed in a minute or two and you are on your way, no hassle at all.

Also the car you book is nearly always the one you get, unlike some other hire companies.

Costs a bit more but worth it for me.

The one time we had a problem with a car they sent someone up to Pollensa to meet us with another car that was new.
Old 27-06-2011, 10:12

Motos Formentor have done us proud for the last three years - like Roig they meet you in a quiet location (they don't have an airport office), do some very quick paperwork and then take you to your car. The whole process takes about ten minutes. At drop-off time you simply leave your car in the car park with the keys in the boot. You return the car as full as you found it - no extra charges for fuel, so although the car hire itself might be a bit more expensive than some you can easily claw back the difference. All the cars we have had have been very clean - mostly quite new. Their main office is in the Port, near Burger King - if you have any problems you just pop in there and they very quickly find you a replacement.
Old 27-06-2011, 10:35

That's good to know Kate, thanks

I have bookmarked them.

Car hire Mallorca - Rent a car Formentor

-