Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2011, 14:35

Default Auriga Crown

Booked our hire car for September through DoYouSpain yesterday as it was pouring with rain here...
The first rental voucher that we received was for Record so I clicked on the change supplier link after the almost 3 hour wait we experienced last year. We have now been allocated Auriga Crown, and we have never used them before. Are they OK as I can't even remember seeing them around?
Sponsored Links
Old 31-05-2011, 14:40

Hi Jo, hope you are keeping well. If you put auriga crown in the Search bar, quite a few posts will come up which include info from people who have used them. Worth having a look through to give you an idea.
Old 31-05-2011, 14:45

Hi Bella - just done search but wanted to see if someone had a recent experience don't want a repeat of Record last year!
We are fine and hope you are too. Looking forward to September even though it seems ages away at the moment.
Old 31-05-2011, 14:49

Totally agree - with all of it!! Just thought a quick run through of previous posts would keep you busy until someone posted a new experience! At least you have a few months to sort it all out. Hoping to get out very soon ourselves and will be using Europcar as usual so cant help with Auriga ourselves. Someone will though!!
Old 31-05-2011, 15:11

Recently used them and unfortunately didn't work out that great! Had quite a wait at the airport desk then still had to go to car park to collect car and keys as car had been taken off for refueling and washing. All in all (sorry to say) it took nearly 2 hours after landing before we drove out of car park however I got someone on the desk to acknowledge the fact and they stamped my booking receipt accordingly. Upon return to UK I contacted them and received the equivalent of two days rental returned to my card. They operate a full > empty fuel policy (over 3 days rental) which, like many others have said, is a bit of a rip-off. Car was great (fairly new) and the delay paled into insignificance given a great holiday and the rebate.
SP
Old 31-05-2011, 15:55

Hi

We book through ACB car rentals and always choose a car with them from Auriga Crown. We use them regularly and never have to queue - their desk is next to Record and there is always a long queue there! We have never had a problem with them and have booked them for our next trip. We only came back last week so can speak from recent experience. And we had a super little car as well - very lively!!
Old 22-06-2011, 20:19

Just had a car from Auriga Crown booked via DoYouSpain.

Car had just 7 km on the clock. Quick service at the airport desk.

But! Nobody told us we needed a ticket to leave the car park. Caused a bit of a queue. And on return - well there are no instructions. Approached the car park entry barrier and got waved away by a car park attendant. Seems the number plate recognition was not working. Perhaps the reason why we couldn't get out?

Finally convinced the attendant to let us in, but still unsure what to do, so parked in the auriga section and went to the auriga office waving my rental contract about.

Full to empty is not good. 73euro for a full tank and brought it back a quarter full.
Old 23-06-2011, 06:27

Smile

Used them last year no problems whatsoever no waiting easy process car was good and we didnt pay for the fuel. seems some people want the car driven to the airport doors which wont happen overall would i use them again yes.

Enjoy
Old 23-06-2011, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1 View Post
U seems some people want the car driven to the airport doors which wont happen overall would i use them again yes.

Enjoy
Don't know about being driven to the airport doors - would just like to be told if I need a ticket to get out of the car park.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:06

Default Exit barriers at the airport

The car hire area exit barriers at the airport do seem to have a mind of their own.

On some occasions both the entrance & exit barriers are both working and sometimes only the entrance one is and sometimes neither is. All very confusing to say the least and I doubt if all the car hire staff are always aware of the prevailing status of the barriers.

In the past I have also been issued with an exit ticket which didn't work so had to march back to the desk again.

It's all soon forgotten when we start the drive up the motorway, past all the wonderful views of windmills, olive groves, almond groves, and the oleanders in blossom in the central reservation
Old 23-06-2011, 12:06

Think you must have just been unlucky that day. You don't normally need a ticket to get out from the car rentals section. Seems like it was a malfunction of the car reg recognition system.
Old 23-06-2011, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbb View Post
Think you must have just been unlucky that day. You don't normally need a ticket to get out from the car rentals section. Seems like it was a malfunction of the car reg recognition system.
Yep, I think being a very new car it might not have been on the database.

But yes, once you are bowling down towards PP it is soon forgotten!
Old 22-09-2011, 17:21

Well we used Auriga Crown last week and thought I would do a post on the experience
Queue of four or five in front of us at Auriga Crown, no queue next door at Record (perhaps everyone has given up on them?). OH was sorting out paperwork whilst I collected bags. Auriga Crown took payment of 117 euros for a Clio for the week - then as I joined OH we were told us that we had been given a free upgrade to a Citroen Berlingo. I said no thank you we reserved a Clio, the girl tried to persuade us but I said forget it and we will go somewhere else so she then found us a Seat Leon. Last year we had an awful Nissan Note so I really didn't want another car like this as it is just the two of us and we both enjoy driving...
We collected the Leon in the car park after a queue of about half an hour in there to get the keys. The car was a bit battered even though it was new this year but was great to drive
Looking at the paperwork we were charged 263 euros in total with the 90 euros for diesel (the car was returned with half a tank left in ) and the extra insurance. It was also pointed out that if we didn't take out the additional insurance they would take a 300 euro deposit on the credit card we paid with. It seems a big difference from the 117 euros quoted to the total actually paid...
All in all it was once again an unpleasant experience with rude unhelpful staff and the feeling of being fleeced for every euro. Not sure what we will do in the future as at the minute the car hire costs are ridiculous as they are more than the flights.
Old 25-09-2011, 13:23

We have used Auriga Crown, booked through Economy Car Hire. As excess ins. is included with ECH, Auriga Crown don't try to upsell, this makes the experience much better.

I've come to the conclusion that there isnt a perfect car hire company on Mallorca! It's a different experience each time, sometimes good sometimes not so good. I don't know why but our experiences at other airports are much better, may be there is too much competition at Palma and customer service is not on their list of priorities?