Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Warning triangle.....does anyone take one (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/7397-warning-triangle-does-anyone-take-one.html)

susiejb 19-05-2011 10:17

Warning triangle.....does anyone take one

I know the warning triangle and jacket are required by law, but does anyone else ever take them, or is it only us.
The hire cars do not seem to be equipped with them.
When luggage is tight (flying Ryanair) it's all extra weight.
If the choice is more shoes or warning triangle.....it's a crucial decision:eek:

sws97sdg 19-05-2011 10:21

No never have, never would, dont all new hire cars have them as standard?

kate1 19-05-2011 11:01

I don't think I've ever been in a hire car which didn't have them as standard. They are usually in the glove compartment but I have also seen them tucked away in a special compartment in the boot - or under the back seat.

majprop 19-05-2011 11:54

All cars, by law must have at least one triangle and an illuminous jacket must be worn by anyone outside a vehicle that has broken down, even for changing a tyre, as I understand it fines are in place for anyone not carrying them so it would suprise me greatly if hire cars are not supplying them.

fil6699 19-05-2011 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiejb (Post 58710)
I know the warning triangle and jacket are required by law, but does anyone else ever take them, or is it only us.
If the choice is more shoes or warning triangle.....it's a crucial decision:eek:

Check the car before you drive away it will be in there has to be by law and if not ask them in the office all cars must have them

Deanscroft 19-05-2011 20:15

I think you will find that the law in Spain requires two warning triangles.

Sparky 19-05-2011 20:39

I found this on the Drive-Alive website.

Quote:

Warning triangle is compulsory. One only is required for non-Spanish registered vehicles. Two required for Spanish vehicles, but to avoid difficulties with the police we recommend two triangles should be carried.

susiejb 19-05-2011 23:09

Thank you for the replies.....I have emailed the car hire company to try to find out if they are supplied.
I just cannot remember ever having one provided with any hire car over the last 5 - 6 years.
I think I would rather be safe than sorry and will pack them just in case .......

Three weeks today and I will be sitting on the Pine Walk ....... counting the days.

Lorenzo 20-05-2011 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiejb (Post 58710)

When I used to book with Record, their cars never had warning triangles or hi-viz jackets in them. This didn't seem too important - well until one of the cars broke down :( I queried this with them and they replied that I could pay extra to hire these items if I wanted. That was the last straw! :(

Since then I have booked with Sixt and Europcar - both out of season - and the rental prices were very good, the cars were very clean and all the required safety equipment was inside. Both companies also allow you to take the car back full of fuel so you only pay for what you have used. When totting this up, both companies worked out much cheaper than Record. :)

susiejb 20-05-2011 19:53

Thank you for the reply Lorenzo.....we always used Record so that is probably why I have never seen them.
This year we have used Economy Car Hire a broker for Centauro so it will be interesting to see if they are supplied.
It's strange really that considering it's the law that they aren't compulsory in all hire cars.
I will still pop mine in just in case......we travel some pretty bendy roads when we are there and I wouldn't like to break down on them :eek:

susiejb 23-05-2011 09:48

A quick update.....just had a nice reply from Centauro to say yes they are included, so thats sorted :)