Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2011, 09:34

Post Pollensa Transfers

Owing to Pollensa Transfers not operating, does anyone know
of a reliable company to cross the island with ?
I know, and have used Ressort Hopper not always a pleasant experience.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 28-04-2011, 09:59
Super Moderator

Take a look here Plackeyman. Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
Old 28-04-2011, 10:12

We usually use Resorthoppa and the transfer has always gone smoothly, only ever one problem and that was my fault! Our latest visit was in March when Resorthoppa do not operate so found A2B transfers, really pleased to find someone who provides transfers at that time of year and equally pleased with the service that they provided. 16 seater minibus, mostly full, only waited 10 mins before it left and we were second drop off.

For the return journey, rang the phone number provided to get our pickup time, speedy reply with English speaking person and the coach arrived spot on time to take us (reluctantly) back to the airport for our flight home. There was only about a euro difference in price, but in my opinion, both are excellent value for money. Only slightly more expensive than public transport and the advantage of going straight there (drop off's excepted).

Please use the link below to make your booking.

Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 28-04-2011 at 10:25.
Old 28-04-2011, 12:12

I have always used Majorca Airport Transfers,they may cost a bit more at 160 euros return for a party of 4 in August, but I have always found them reliable and waiting for me in the arrivals lounge with my name on a board ,the drivers have always been friendly and the cars look in good condition .You are in your taxi within minutes of leaving arrivals ,no fuss. You pay for both to and from destination to the first driver.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:01

Have used Resort Hopper in the past and found them fine, sometimes you go straight there, but on the return journey you could end up doing a tour of Alcudia/Can Picafort, which could add 1hour/1.5 hours to the journey.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31

Hey.... This year (our 5th) we finally decided to bite the bullet and try the buses!!!! How easy and cheaper this was!
Once out of arrivals.... On the far side of car park where the coaches and buses are to the left is a bus stop - get the number 1 to Palma- 2euros - stay on till you get to palma and the main coach, train station! Roughly 4 stops but just ask driver! Most people get off here so its a good sign!
On the same side is the station.......Almost right there but set back so look for the tram, bus signs! Go down the stairs and to the right are ticket desks - Follow the route round and down more steps to the platforms - For Puerto Pollensa you need platform 5 - For Alcudia platform 10 - this will cost 5.75euros and takes roughly an hour as stops at Inca Hostpital and a couple of other areas on route! Weekend departures are 07.00, 09.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.30, 17.00 and 20.30.- Seriously guys for what it has cost us over the years in transfers (between 70-90 euros) we could have saved as spending money! Obviously more if you do the reverse but if your like us then once you know your heading home you just want the easy option!!! BUT 15euros for the 2 of us to get from Palma to Puerto/Alcudia - Its a no-brainer!
Hope this helps
Old 05-06-2011, 15:09

What are the costs for the Resort Hoppa ?

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 05-06-2011, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
What are the costs for the Resort Hoppa ?

Scotslizzy
Cheers

£14 return each great service great value use it all the time love it
Old 05-06-2011, 16:34

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info.

Scotslizzy
Old 05-06-2011, 21:28

Have used RH for a few years now and found them fine. Occasionaly there has been a few stops on the way, but, hey, what's your hurry? Sit back and enjoy the wonderful scenery.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15

Hi Loujanu

Thanks for the detailed instructions - we often think about trying this when we are staying in the port and maybe dont need the car.

Maybe silly question, but if its an 'ordinary' bus, do they have lots of luggage space? Just thinking about the service buses here and trying to get on with our 2 large suitcases and hand baggage!

Rosie
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06

Rosie, They have plenty of space in the hold, i wouldn't worry about that. The overhead storage area is a bit tight, certainly no room for any form of suitcase.
Old 06-06-2011, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Hi Loujanu

Thanks for the detailed instructions - we often think about trying this when we are staying in the port and maybe dont need the car.

Maybe silly question, but if its an 'ordinary' bus, do they have lots of luggage space? Just thinking about the service buses here and trying to get on with our 2 large suitcases and hand baggage!

Rosie
Rosie no problems at all for luggage space as bus to Palma from airport just kept with us as only a few stops then main bus to Puerto we placed in the storage section under bus! Twas a doddle
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00

Default Do the shuttle buses go to Alcudia first then PP ?

I am still undecided about thr shuttle bus and would appreciate comments about the drop offs . Is it normally PP then perhaps Alcudia ?

I really don't fancy going round the houses on arrival but not bothered about this on the way back .

Thanks

Scotslizzy
Old 07-06-2011, 08:08

I use it many times during the year and only once has it not gone to PP first and has always picked up at PP last. And the one time it went to Alcudia fist it was only 2 stops then into PP. I may just be lucky but I do use it at least 6 times during the year often more just wish it ran in the winter