Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2011, 14:52

Default Centauro - are they in arrivals or the car park?

Hi, just been checking my paperwork for a trip out and have pre-booked a car with Centauro. However, I have just noticed that on the booking confirmation they give instructions to leave the airport via the 2nd level; cross the road and pick-up a courtesy bus that will take us to our car.
I was under the impression that the Centauro office was located in the arrivals hall. Has this changed?

Richard
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2011, 15:46

Hi Richard - welcome to the forum.

I have used Centauro a few times and I have always had to go to the 'Meeting Point' in the airport to meet the rep and then be directed to their bus just outside to be taken to their off airport pound. Fairly straightforward and painless.

One bit of advice - when returning the car do allow plenty of time because if they are busy you could end up late for your flight! We nearly did once

Hope all goes well and have a good time
Old 25-05-2011, 15:50

Thanks GG - this clarifies it. Flying out on EasyJet's early morning flight on Saturday week (so missing half-term holiday as my kids have flown the enst!) so hopefully there will not be a big queue at the counter.

R
Old 25-05-2011, 17:31
Banned

Yeap, definitely off airport. Instructions as given to you. Did not see a rep, just waited for their marked courtesy bus and within a few minutes you're at their depot.

Oh, and last month I had an almost brand new Fiesta. All their cars look new and clean.
Old 26-05-2011, 09:55

Does this method miss the long queus that normally build up at the Arrivals area or not? I guess if lots of people all arrive on the bus at the same time the same queue's can happen but just in a different place!! Will wait and see...

Richard
Old 26-05-2011, 10:07

We are using Centauro this year, pick up sounds nice and easy and uncomplicated, but I am just wondering how easy it is to find the drop off point when returning the car.
I hate to think of driving around Palma in a panic
Old 26-05-2011, 15:07

Susie - the drop aff is very easy. I think they are just off the motorway junction after the airport. They will give you a map with all the paperwork.

Re queues, there is not normally a long wait as the minibus only carries about 8 people at a time ( 2 families basically ). I have normally only had to wait about 10 mins if at all. I was just unlucky once when returning the car as alot off people had arrived/dropped off and some people were being a pain in the ar*e about various things
Old 26-05-2011, 16:23

Thank you GG that's nice and reassuring
Old 27-05-2011, 16:21

Used Centauro when we arrived on the 14th of May - there were eight of us, so a proper minibus full, but we only had to wait ten mins or less to be ferried to their office.

We were upgraded from a brace of Berlingo to a pair of almost brand new Peugeot estates - very happy bunnies

Certainly the advice to allow an extra few minutes on your return in case of queues is sound, but the directions they give you, including to the petrol station (full-full policy the norm) was excellent.

Using them again soon.
Old 27-05-2011, 23:02

We were using Centauro last year in September and got brand Peugeot (3008) with all mod cons instead of booked Renault Kangoo. Overall quite pleased with car, but the Kangoo has it's own charm and although more basic is just the right car for whizzing around PP.

Transfer buses were frequent enough arriving and returning.

There's up to three people working in the office (as far as I remember). They're not the fastest, but thorough and a clear improvement over the Record 'service'.

If you bring a SatNav along, save your location before you leave the Centauro lot and you'd have no problem when returning.
Old 01-06-2011, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbag View Post
Certainly the advice to allow an extra few minutes on your return in case of queues is sound, but the directions they give you, including to the petrol station (full-full policy the norm) was excellent.
I'm also using Centauro in a couple of weeks' time. On my booking sheet it says that I will be charged for a full tank of fuel and then I return the car empty on return. This sounds tricky to get right and sounds like it'll leave me out of pocket, so the full-full policy sounds a lot better!
Old 01-06-2011, 17:34
Banned

It is tricky.......................but the word I'd use is "con".
Old 01-06-2011, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Yep!! Sums it up perfectly.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
I got in touch with Economy Car Hire (booking agent I used to book my car with Centauro). I was concerned about the fuel cost and asked them how much I would have to pay for a full tank and whether I can return the card full of petrol and pay for it myself. Here's the reply I got from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economy Car Hire
As you have booked a Ford Focus the charge for a full tank of fuel should be around 60 EUR. Please take this as an approximate guide, as the cost will be based on the pump price on the day.

Unfortunately, the fuel policy is set by the suppliers and there is not any way of getting around this fuel policy. Please note, for future reference: Centauro will provide a full to full fuel policy for returning customers on request, providing that customers have booked with Centauro through Economy Car Hire at least once before.

While we understand that a full to empty fuel policy is not always suitable for customers, we do display the fuel policy on the quotation page, on booking stage two of the booking process and also on the terms and conditions that customers agree to have read. We hope that by displaying this information, the fuel cost can be evaluated in the overall cost.
So it's good to know that:
a) Fuel estimate is 60 euros not over 100 as I had feared it might be;
b) The next time I got to Majorca, if I use the same company again I can use the "full to full" fuel policy!

It's not good to know that:
a) The agent I booked with cannot guarantee how much extra I will pay for the fuel;
b) The agent effectively knows that those people it sells car hire to do not know the overall cost of the booking and are effectively held to ransom by the hire car company when they arrive!

Last edited by reakt; 08-06-2011 at 10:15.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:44

The best way I have found re car hire is to actually book with two different agents, then if the fuel cost is too high or hire car is not what I want or asked for then I walk away and go to second hire. Bit naughty I know, but I work hard all year for my week in the sun so I can at least not stress too much on arrival !!!