Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2011, 11:41

Default Anyone hired a car this year?

Has anyone hired a car this year yet? Would be interested to hear any good or bad experiences this year.
We normally go online and plump for the cheapest, past years no real problems !!!!
Have had reasonable quotes from Van Rell, Record and Auriga.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-05-2011, 12:53

We hired one from Terrys Car Hire at the end of March. Good price, no wait at the airport and great service. We have one booked for next month too.
Old 18-05-2011, 13:24

have you tryed doyouspain.com ,we got aprice from them for august and they were cheaper than record which we used in the past. then a even better price from terrs car hire which we have now booked. it pays to shop around..
Old 18-05-2011, 13:32

We have as well, good experience - got upgraded, bad experience fuel cost extra 115 euros and petrol is now 1.35 a litre. Other than that much the same, the queues vary some are busier than other, depends on when you fly.

On island time!!
Old 18-05-2011, 17:18

Since experiencing truly nightmare queues at the Record desk in the airport a couple of years ago we have started using Motos Formentor (they have an office in the Port, near Burger King). Unlike Record they meet you in the airport car park - the paperwork is done there and we have never had to queue, even when we came out in August. They are a little more expensive than Record but in my view it is well worth it to avoid the two-hour queue - nothing worse than getting tired and bad-tempered at the very start of your holiday. We always hire a Fiat Doblo, which is a bit agricultural but gets the job done and has masses of room for cases. Very economical too - you return the car as full as you found it. We have always found the cars to be very clean and well cared-for. We used them again this April - they very kindly gave us an upgrade, but after a few days my husband (who has a bad back) asked if we could change back to a trusty Doblo. He just popped into the office and swapped it over immediately - very good service. We didn't think the hire costs had gone up noticeably since last year.
Old 18-05-2011, 19:36

Smile

Used to use Goldcar or AutoEurope but the hours of waiting spoilt the start of the holiday. Just wanted to get to the Port!! So tried Hertz. I know they are more expensive - last year about £50 more for ten days but book it through Quidco and you get 10% cashback which worked out at about £30. Hence only £20 more expensivebut no queuing, newer cars and a beer on the Pine Walk within an hour of getting off the plane. 20 quid well spent I think!
Old 18-05-2011, 19:50

We used hiper car last week 2 min bus ride from the airport - bus was waiting as soon as we came out of airport - 10 mins in office and off we went - agree fuel has gone up and we were on a collect full drop off empty scheme which unless you use every drop of fuel is a money waster!
Old 18-05-2011, 22:22

Anyone got a number for Terrys Car Hire or web site for him...Also is he based in Pollenca or Palma?
Old 19-05-2011, 09:11

Thanks for replies. For dates I want to hire I have looked at Moto Formentor price 197 euros, Terry's 160 euros, Hertz 237 euros !!! DoYouSpain with Record were 118 euros. Quite a variation even if I do have to queue up for a while, the saving on Record price is a days spending money for 2 of us!!
Old 19-05-2011, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post
Anyone got a number for Terrys Car Hire or web site for him...Also is he based in Pollenca or Palma?
They are based in C'an Pastilla nr Palma. What I particularly like about them is that you know from their published price list what you are being charged for fuel before you book. Also all paperwork is done via the net and you just go to the car park and your car is waiting for you.

Last edited by Sparky; 19-05-2011 at 09:41. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 19-05-2011, 11:25

Default Record Go

I'm sure this info is elsewhere but I'm being a bit lazy. Sorry!!!!

I've just change my booking with RecordGo to arrive at 2310. Are they on site at the airport this year or will I have to meet a rep and get a bus?

Thanks

Graham
Old 19-05-2011, 18:17

Hi we use Autos Roig.com always good cars and no queues. Going home on Sat unfortunately, wish we could have stayed longer.
Old 20-05-2011, 03:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
I'm sure this info is elsewhere but I'm being a bit lazy. Sorry!!!!

I've just change my booking with RecordGo to arrive at 2310. Are they on site at the airport this year or will I have to meet a rep and get a bus?

Thanks

Graham
They are on site at the airport - generally lowest prices,but longest queues.

Nice touch on our last visit where the Record operative at the desk brightened up when, for the purposes of the paper work, I said we were stopping at Singala in PP. He was a PP resident. When he totalled up the cost, he announced a discount of 3 euros. Thanks I said that will cover a beer at the Ill a'Dor. No he said - my best friend runs Laguna, go there - I'll put a beer behind the bar for you.
True to his word, the beer was waiting when we called in.

Sort of 'drive Record and get free beer'! or an example of what nice people live in PP He also remembered me when I returned the car and asked if I had enjoyed the drink!
Old 20-05-2011, 09:02
Super Moderator

What a lovely story Clinkham and he is also doing a good PR job for Jacko at Laguna.
Old 20-05-2011, 17:38

Default Valla Cars

We've used Valla Cars . They had a meet-and-greet service with cars in the multi-storey car park.

Last edited by Sparky; 20-05-2011 at 19:09. Reason: Link removed. Competetive advertising.