Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 20:32

Default Returning to airport advice using Resort Hopper

Hi,
I've been reading different threads about using Resort Hopper and am a little confused about the return journey section. I'm supposed to get an e.mail giving me the time of collection, but if I don't receive one I phone or confirm by e.mail. Is that correct? So can any one advise where I can get internet access in Puerto Pollensa? I am staying near Villa Concha .

Please could anyone also tell me if there is a new code to use for May when booking Resort Hopper.

Thank-you for any advice or information given
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 20:35

Internet available in Hotel Panorama next to Pollensa Park Hotel
Old 03-05-2011, 22:26

We have just returned from PP and used Resort Hoppa...the re confirmation of your return has changed

You now need to ring them (there are 2 numbers supplied) the day before your return (or Saturday if you are returning on a Monday) to confirm pick up times....it is clearly stated on your confirmation email and they also advised us of this at the airport and also gave us a leaflet with the info

Eating Out
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06

Phoning is now the only option, the facility to reconfirm online is no longer available.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29

Thank-you for your replies. Did you find phoning them worked ok Cath and did you find their service good, as I know there are other companies I could use?
Old 04-05-2011, 15:04

Hi Micky - I have had no problem at all with Resort Hoppa.We did find this time that we had to wait a little longer before the coach left palma -they say you can wait up to an hour and we were 45mins.However it was Good Friday and very busy also several planes had been unable to land because of a thunderstorm (us included) which may hve had a knock on affect.
For the return -it took a little while to get through to them on the saturday morning but it was fine.Again picked up a little earlier than we had been last year but there were only 2 pick ups in PP after us (the coach was already pretty full) so I guess it would depend on everyones flights...I know some people were on a 09:30 flight and ours was not til 10....on the whole they were very good

Eating Out
Old 07-05-2011, 17:50

Thank-you for all your comments especially Cath for information using Resort Hopper. I wonder who I need to contact to get the new discount code to use if there is one available?
Old 07-05-2011, 18:10

Unhappy

Resort Hoppa worked fine for us last Sept and we are using them again tomorrow. Got confused with new ringing method and phoned today to ensure all ok. However the numbers given refer you to the agents who are called Urbis. Spoke to possibly the rudest (English) person I have ever encountered, which says a lot as I'm not exactly a spring chicken!!! So I'm hoping there isn't a problem with the return as someone at Gate C in the airport is truly horrid, imo!
Old 07-05-2011, 19:06

It was fine for us...we went to Gate C..resort Hoppa desk shut but urbis desk is next door...we were then given a leaflet with the return info on it (the numbers quoted on it were the same as on my confirmation email) and directions to the Transunion desk further up,,,once again no problem,,,gave our name and were directed to the bus.everyone we spoke to - face to face and over the phone were fine.very polite

Eating Out

Last edited by CathB; 07-05-2011 at 19:11. Reason: ,
Old 09-05-2011, 17:28
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Please could anyone also tell me if there is a new code to use for May when booking Resort Hopper.
We do now have a new discount code - see www.puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html#resrthoppa but HURRY as it's only valid until 15th May.

Please can I ask members not to post discount codes from other sites here as they are not valid via this site (and will be removed). Thank you.
Old 12-05-2011, 14:00

We used Resort Hoppa this week, all ok except the driver was 25 mins late for pick-up this morning. However we all got to the airport in time!
Old 12-05-2011, 19:44

It does state that you need to be at the pick up point 15 mins before the stated time and to allow 20 mins afterwards before contacting them...I must say that whenever we have used them it has always allowed plenty of time to get there however I think I would start to be a little worried after 15-20 mins

Eating Out
Old 12-05-2011, 21:52

Default Resort Hoppa

Don't know if it's now policy or we were just lucky, but coach headed for PP first then picked us up last and headed straight to the airport. The coach, both ways had a large contingent of people for Alcudia/Can Picafort, as i've said in previous posts this can considerably add to the time you're in transit, if they decide to go to these resorts first.
Old 12-05-2011, 22:08

Hi, I am new to the forum but have been travelling to PP for the last 12 years. I have used Resort Hoppa a few times in the last two years. Mainly my experiences have been good except last Sept when the bus drove straight past us without stopping despite us chasing it down the road (not very dignified for a group pf 40 something women!!). We then made frantic calls to customer services who had to divert another bus from Alcudia to come and collect us. We did arrive at the airport on time but with a group of rather disgruntled passengers!
Old 14-05-2011, 17:19

I'm just about to book and I can upgrade paying £8 extra per person for a shuttle transfer that promises to stop only 4 times. Is it worth it or does it usually only make about 4 stops anyway. I'm asking to be dropped off at Villa Concha which is nearest to my accommodation, however you have rather worried me Jilly !