Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   So what is the best way to PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/7038-so-what-best-way-pp.html)

pips 15-02-2011 22:12

So what is the best way to PP

Do we go by coach and risk the trip round Alcudia, mind you last year that made my daughter really love PP, she hated Alcudia well what we saw. Or do we just get a taxi, more expensive but quicker.

CathB 15-02-2011 23:28

Up until last year we always had a taxi...started using resort hoppa and both times we used it we were taken to PP first..found it very quick and efficient and of course extremely cheap compared to taxi..£58 for 4 of us (return) as opposed to €73 plus tip each way for taxi..a saving of nearly £100 which of course means more spending money for PP ;)

fil6699 16-02-2011 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pips (Post 54483)
Do we go by coach and risk the trip round Alcudia, mind you last year that made my daughter really love PP, she hated Alcudia well what we saw. Or do we just get a taxi, more expensive but quicker.

The hopper wins every time for me save the cash relax enjoy the trip up and back

Nick 16-02-2011 17:23

It's all about one thing I believe..........money.

Who'd really travel on a bus going all over the place eating into your valuable holiday time if you could afford a taxi??

I either hire a car if I'm going for a lengthy period of time and check for the best offers or use ResortHoppa.......cheap and easy but takes longer.

There are ex-pats and locals who run taxi's from the PP area I think who will probably do you a better deal if you pre-book, rather than pay top wack when you walk off the plane at the airport.

Sparky 16-02-2011 17:48

You are absolutely correct Nick, it is cheaper to have a pre booked local taxi than one of the "airport" taxis both of which are legal and you can get it even cheaper from some other sources, however these are illegal and the authorities are taking steps to prevent them from operating.
Certain paperwork has to be provided as proof of legitimacy, and while it's fine for a mate to pick you up and drop you off, those "illegal" ones who make too many trips to the airport are being watched and face pretty heavy fines.

lollipop 16-02-2011 18:22

Yes Sparky,I know of one lady who was warned last year.

CathB 16-02-2011 20:53

nickpaulanoah - I always used to use a pre booked taxi's (someone we know very well) and yes, can afford it, but when you are looking at such big savings then the 40-45 mins added for us getting to PP makes looking at an alternative worthwhile - especially if making a few trips to PP a year...it soon adds up