Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 17:23

Default Holiday Autos

Hello - just felt it was worth sharing my recent experiences having hired a vehicle through the above company between 2 - 23rd October. Booked the car during September online at a very good rate under £200 for 3 weeks. Checked in at the Auriga Crown desk at the airport (presume Holiday Autos is a subsidiary), and was required to provide a deposit on my credit card via pin for 65 euros to cover a full tank of petrol. This is not an unusual practice and usually the transaction is not processed and the invoice is destroyed when the vehicle is returned with the requisite fuel. When I returned the keys to the office on the multi storey car park (different office to the check in) it was inferred that this would be the case. However on returning to the UK the deposit of 65 euros (£58) was taken from my account on 2nd October, and obviously I am now in dialogue with Holiday Autos.

Also on reflection when the keys are collected at the office on the arrivals concourse and you are informed where the car is parked, no one checks the condition of the vehicle in your presence. I say this because although the hire car was in excellent condition when we arrived in Pollenca I noticed a scuff mark on the offside corner (for which presumably I could be considered liable). On our next visit for a month in February 2011 I shall scrutinise the car more closely but it is difficult when the car is parked in virtually underground conditions.

More importantly Pollensa was fantastic and the research and information gained from reading this board during September was extremly useful. My last trip to Mallorca had been in 1993 and the infrastructure is now very impressive.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 20:19

Just returned from Costa de la Luz and also rented a car with Auriga Crown via Economy Car Hire. Our voucher said that the fuel policy was 'full return empty', when we got there, they said "full return full!" We filled the tank up as much as we could on return, but like you, no one checked it at Gibraltar airport and now I am waiting to see if we also get charged! I will let you know if we do. Please up date whether you get a refund.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20

I used these in the summer and had full /empty no prbs with that, got to the car lots of dents etc there was a guy from the company walking around got him to check with invoice which showed the marks and he added 2 others he signed it and printed his name no probs

guess i was lucky

Gordon
Old 06-11-2010, 22:27

Just as an update. I can confirm that Holiday Autos (Auriga Crown) refunded my 65 euro petrol deposit today which brings this matter to an acceptable conclusion. More than happy to use them again in February 2011 now.
Old 13-01-2011, 10:35

Anybody else used Holiday Autos before as I have found them to be the cheapest for us this year. I was going to use Terry's again, but just got my quote back & their prices have really inflated this year. I have also noticed it states that Holiday Autos have a collect full, return full policy.
Old 13-01-2011, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
. I have also noticed it states that Holiday Autos have a collect full, return full policy.
Where did you see this ? I noticed your quote and got excited and decided to have a look for our week in April .... when you eventually find their fuel policy it stated Full Empty was only available for 3 days or less as with most of the others ............. would be really grateful if you could point me to the statement that it is full full and I will have a go at trying to get this arrangement as whilst they are not quite the cheapest option, they would be if the fuel policy was full / empty
Old 13-01-2011, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
Anybody else used Holiday Autos before as I have found them to be the cheapest for us this year. I was going to use Terry's again, but just got my quote back & their prices have really inflated this year. I have also noticed it states that Holiday Autos have a collect full, return full policy.
Try Budget got good price from them for this year they use Avis
Old 13-01-2011, 12:16

its cd, if you get the quotes up on screen then click on car details. This then shows a new window. In the top right of the new window it says 'rental details' & important information', click on the later & then click Fuel conditions, this is were it says 'supplied with full tank & must be returned with full tank.

Snowy, thank's I will check that now.
Old 13-01-2011, 12:29

Snowy, you are a star, just checked Budget & they are even cheaper. The only thing I cant find is the fuel policy. Can you shed any light on this.
Old 13-01-2011, 13:11

Snowy, found it, collect full & return full. You have just saved me £100 on a three week rental, & £170 cheaper than Terry's. I owe you a drink if I ever bump into you in PP.
Old 13-01-2011, 14:07

ok so where am I going wrong ... Budget want 336euros for a week in April ........ have I got the wrong Budget Car Rental ? are there 2 of them ? Smowy can you send me a link to your nice cheap budget car rental please
Old 13-01-2011, 14:09

How much CD! I am looking for a week in April, via ebookers on the site it comes out at around £90 for a small car!

On island time!!
Old 13-01-2011, 14:15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Try Budget got good price from them for this year they use Avis
Snowy is that for a "Postman Pat" van? .
Old 13-01-2011, 14:17

its cd, yeah really strange that Budget are so expensive in April & much cheaper in August, cant really work that one out, but I am sure you will get cheaper than that quote from somewhere else for April.
Old 13-01-2011, 14:46

yeh I have quotes from Record and Holiday autos that are less than half the "budget" amount ........ it was when you said that Budget were cheaper than Holiday Autos I thought I would take a look ..... and that was what the quote was ... to be fair I am looking at something like a focus rather than a Ka but its still far too much money

I was rather hoping I had found the wrong Budget Car Hire, but never mind