Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2010, 19:29

Default In praise of Sixt Car rental

I have just got back from a lovely week in Puerto Pollensa. This time I decided to try Sixt car rental for my week's stay.

I had booked my flight with Monarch and their customers benefit from a discount with Sixt car rental. Monarch customers can also benefit from a free hire car upgrade as well (subject to availability).

The big benefit for me is that Sixt do not charge you for a full tank of fuel. The car was full of fuel when I picked it up and I just had to return it full. There was no queue at their desk in the airport and the customer assistant immediately offered me an upgrade to a VW Golf for the week at no extra cost.

I collected the keys for the car in the car park office. The vehicle was lovely & clean - both inside & out and all the necessary safety equipment was also in the car (hi-viz jacket & warning triangles).

All in all a very successful car hire - and the cost - 117 euros for the week including the additional tyre & glass insurance.
Sponsored Links
Old 23-11-2010, 22:56

Was really impressed by this but I fear they either give really hefty discounts for Monarch customers or like many of the companies have much reduced rates in the winter months

Just checking out proces for April and a puegeot partner ( like a berlingo ) for a week is 290 euros and a focus even more

Record only want 175euros from me for a Berlingo ................ so it looks like I will just have to stick with record and hope my luck holds out............. each time I see a great post for another company I get interested but then for me they ALWAYS end up more expensive even including the ridiculous price they charge for the petrol only half of which I ever use

I just keep worrying because despite NEVER having to wait in a long queue with record I know many many do and also know that on one of these occasions I will come unstuck ........... but I guess thats the time I just go next door to one of the more expensive but queueless places

Last edited by its cd; 24-11-2010 at 21:51.
Old 24-11-2010, 01:45

Default Sixt car rental

Yes, I used to use Record all of the time but have been put off by the long queues - almost 2 hours last time - and the poor state of the cars - and lack of safety equipment.

As an example, I have just checked a Sixt rental for a Peugeot Partner for 22nd to 29th April 2011 - using the link from the Monarch website and it's coming up as 289 euros for 7 days rental. It also states that you may get a free upgrade as well.

Considering you don't have to pay for a full tank of fuel on top when you get the car and can take the vehicle back full of fuel (ie only paying for what you have used), their deal still seems very competitive to me.