Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26

Talking Car Hire

Revision needed for this year, travelled out in August, there was a3-4 hour wait for your vehicle with Record all the other hire firms were quiet, we hired a car last week from Record waited 90 mins all the other hire cos were empty.
I guess the reason they are popular is because they come up the cheapest?

When I challenged the Manager ( in a very civilised manor) he wasn`t bothered & refused to pass on our concerns.
My advise to you all would be to spend another £15- £20 per week & book with any other hire company as they obviously dont care.
There is nothing more distressing than waiting for your motor in a hot sweaty airport after a delayed flight.
You can be assured I will press Record further on this serious matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49

I have never had any problem with Record but after reading about peoples experiences this year was ready with my plan for when I went over for a few days last week. I was fully prepared to go to a different company or get the resorthoppa ...... we didn;t need a car but Record had quoted us £42 for 4 days and so at that price it was worth it BUT no way was I going to queue ..... I was ready to make it very clear to the RECORD staff that I was NOT going to pick up my reserved car because I wasn;t prepared to waste my time in Majorca queuing

BUT ............. no queue ................ so I just picked up the car. What I would say is that there were about 10 people all off our plane who were queuing for recode cars behind me and this queue built up in the 10mins or so it took to process my car ...... so the sprint ( or in my case fast walk ) from the plane may have helped ............... out again at end of October and will take the same approach ................ so no I won't queue for hours but I will give them the opportunity to give me a good service until the day they don't
Old 03-10-2010, 22:59

Our freinds have just arrived back this afternoon & I can confirm that there was a que of 37 people at Record last Thurs afternoon with a 68min wait.I have managed to trace one of Records directors & have emailed him directly with my concerns. I will inform you of my endeavours.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31

Default car hire queues

Good for you Cumberland!
I always used to book with Record - from the early days when they didn't even have an office in the Terminal, just someone with a clipboard on the seats outside.
Over the years, their cars have got worse (barely clean inside and lots of scratches & dinks on the outside) and their charges have gone up substantially.
I still soldiered on with them as I have always found the staff at the counter very pleasant. Despite walking quickly to the desk when I get off the plane, I have endured waits in the queue of up to 2 hours.
The final crunch came when the tatty hire car they allocated to me last year broke down. I was only in Mallorca for 4 days so losing a day waiting for the tow truck, receiving dreadful customer service on the phone, discovering that there were no hi-viz jackets or warning triangles in the car seriously dented my confidence in Record's services. I also discovered that the replacement car didn't have these safety equipment items either!
When I wrote and complained, I was offered a measly 20 euros refund - against a future hire car.
I haven't booked with them since.
Old 04-10-2010, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I was offered a measly 20 euros refund - against a future hire car.
I haven't booked with them since.
If you are not using the refund voucher.......... my address is...
Old 05-10-2010, 15:53

Default Recordrentacar

ha ha! Am still 'keeping it up my sleeve' in case I get a weak moment regarding car hire again.
Old 31-10-2010, 23:20

Default Hire increases for next year

Having just booked our car for next april via easyjet, we were pretty surprised at the increase.

This year via Europcar an economy 4-door manual (like a Golf, but not a Golf - although it may be!) was £17.60 per day for the 12th November.

Our April trip, the economy 4-door manual is going to be £31.60 per day.
They require extra if you want collision waver damage, which we dont buy from them having already got that covered. Given with full tank, and returned with full tank.

Being convenient, having pretty good quality cars and getting an upgrade convinces hubby to stick with Europcar, but without that, I'm pretty sure we would look around.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32

Like you, Bella, we have been looking at car hire for next year and we were astonished at the rate increases. It has made us think seriously about not hiring a car and using taxis. Maybe not so convenient but we think the car hire companies are at risk of "over egging the cake".
Old 01-11-2010, 14:48

I have just checked Avis site and quoted 272 euros for 12 days in August 2011 (Quote AWD code W300012 which is a Barclays additions code) and I didn't have to pay up front (pay on return of car). Get excess insurance from Cheap Car hire excess insurance. Excess re-imbursement insurance for car rental worldwide for £1.90/day. Other firms seem to drop their prices if they are are short of bookings for the following 3-4 weeks so Avis booking could be cancelled and new booking taken out within 3-4 weeks of departure date.
N.B. If you go to avis.com and not avis.co.uk you do not have to give c/card details for booking but price is quoted in pounds only and I am not sure if exchange rate is worked out at price on booking date or date of pick up of car as c/card is always charged in euros. avis.co.uk asks for c/card details for their records and will charge it if you are a no show and did not cancell with proper notice.
Old 04-01-2011, 14:45

Default Have you heard of Centrio?

I have just had a phone call from my son who is booking a car for 6 in June. The company who he had originally booked with has passed it onto a different company called "something like" Centrio.
This company has its vehicles about 5 mins away from airport (Spanish 5 mins or English 5 mins?) and will be sending a bus or some such vehicle to take them there.
Does this company ring any bells with anyone please and what is their service like? The group will be arriving in Palma about 10.30 pm.
And yes, I dont know why they have booked with them either!
Old 04-01-2011, 15:06

Bella - It sounds like Centauro - I have used them on 3 occassions and they are normally very good but did have to wait a long time to return a car once and nearly missed the flight! Also fuel is a full/empty policy - a right pain for shorter hires
Old 04-01-2011, 15:42

Thanks GG. Yes they have confirmed the name now and you are right. I have passed on your comments so forewarned is forearmed!
Old 04-01-2011, 17:56

We have never had any problem with Terry's car hire use them every year