Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-2010, 20:57

Default Booked terry`s car hire

Just to let you all know we booked Terry`s car hire for 06 July - to 13 July , GROUP 6 ford focus estate or similar for 257 EURO 2 drivers . We thought this a wonderful price and someone here might be able to make use of the info.

Record for megane 380 euro
auriga crown focus estate 365euro
Skycars using europa goldcar 347 euro.

I thought the above prices weren`t too bad compared to a few other companies I checked that are on site pick up,so it will be interesting to see how this car park collection works out.

regards TT
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2010, 21:01

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tievenaghtanya View Post
Just to let you all know we booked Terry`s car hire for 06 July - to 13 July , GROUP 6 ford focus estate or similar for 257 EURO 2 drivers . We thought this a wonderful price and someone here might be able to make use of the info.

I thought the above prices weren`t too bad compared to a few other companies I checked that are on site pick up,so it will be interesting to see how this car park collection works out.

regards TT
I would recommend them to anyone, also for any property owners out there they pay commission or give a discount for any of your guests who give them business(no I havent had any!)
Old 19-02-2010, 11:56

THis is interesting as I used to use Autos Roig as they had a great loyalty (VIP) scheme but are now quite expensive so I will look at Terry's loyalty scheme to see how it stacks up

GG
Old 20-02-2010, 20:50

I have a very competitive quote from Terry's Car Hire for our week in September but don't understand how the airpark procedure works - please can someone who has used them explain before I book?
Old 21-02-2010, 13:24

Hi

Never used Terry's before but have booked with them for August.Once you have confirmed your booking with them they will send you the details on how to collect and return your car.Basically you will collect you car from the multi storey car park opposite arrivals(they will let you know exactly where nearer your arrival,and once you have paid)
No need to meet anyone or fill out any forms.
It all looks very simple with no waiting in any queues.

Hope this helps

Charlotte
Old 22-02-2010, 07:23

I have had another quote off Terrys but way to dear for my 16 days in July/August (689e) i will stick with my 1st booking with another company at 365e but thanks to all on here will try them on another visit
Old 22-02-2010, 12:41

I think Terry's must be a bit hit and miss re good value

We had a quote for 12 days in July at 539 euros from Terry's and have booked same group car for same period for 294euros with Record and whilst I know records car will be a bit battered about, I can buy a good few nice meals with the 245 euros difference
Old 22-02-2010, 16:26

Must be a big car then because Terry's have charged me 482 euro's for 22 days in August for a Fiesta.
Old 22-02-2010, 16:56

Booked a berlingo for 368 euros for 16 days with free 2nd driver and no excess in july/august so not what i would call massive.Terrys is 600 plus for a focus like someone said it seems like a lucky dip

Last edited by Rangers1; 22-02-2010 at 22:16.
Old 22-02-2010, 17:00

Strange that, like you say, sound's like a lucky dip.
Old 22-02-2010, 23:00

Always use Terrys. So easy and any problems before you go you get a personal email and they always reply quickly if you need to know anything. We paid approx E145 for 8 days last week for a fiesta. The car was there waiting in the car park for you and you leave the car where you found it . It has a full tank and you leave it as empty as you can.
Pops
Old 23-02-2010, 20:32

I get the bit about picking up and dropping off the car in the car park but as my OH said where are the car keys and what if there is a problem with the car? I am sure that there will be phone numbers etc but previous bad hire car experience and only basic Spanish has led to frustration in the past. I thought that someone who has used Terry's before might be able to provide some reassurance so I can go on and book and save us some money
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17

As with other posts regarding the anticipated shortage of hire cars I have just received the following email from Terry .....

Dear Client,

We are just sending you a note to advise you that our availability for hire cars over Easter and throughout the summer (especially during July and August) is already getting very low.

Last year there was a shortage of hire cars on the island leading to many visitors during peak times having to scramble around at the last minute desperately trying to find a hire car for their holiday and having to pay extortionate prices in excess of 70 or 80 Euros per day, for a small car. Many were not even able to obtain a hire car.

Owing to our commitment to our existing clients and those who have requested cars from us in the past, we would like to be able to satisfy your car hire requirements for the forthcoming season so are alerting you to the fact that you should request your hire cars for this season as soon as you can. We would like to be able to help all our clients, but especially those who have used our services before.

We do still have some availability however as we run out of our cars , we are able (at the moment) to source cars from our affiliate and partner companies but their availability is also limited therefore in order for us to be able to supply you a hire car, the more advance notice you can give us, the better the chance of us being able to provide you a car.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:24

I find it frustrating that I got a too expensive quote and yet some people are getting really reasonable quotes .................. because I like the idea of Terry's .................. think I am going to email them to find out why.

Itwasn't a massive car I requested...... I wanted a berlingo but they dont have them and offered me a focus estate

I just wonder if they are very reasonable for fiesta sized cars and not so for anything larger ....................... but we usually have 5 adults/teens and so a fiesta is too small

Will update post with the reply when it comes
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tievenaghtanya View Post

regards TT
Just reread the thread and seen this ............... the dates I was quoted over 500 euros for were 12th to 20th July which is 9 days So for 2 days more for the same car a week later they have quoted more than double the price ...... just doesn;t make sense.