Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Transfer to puerto pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/6176-transfer-puerto-pollensa.html)

robinred 26-06-2010 11:45

Transfer to puerto pollensa

Hi

I am travelling to Puerto Pollensa in August and need to arrange a transfer from the airport for eight people. Has anyone used Conde taxis and are they reliable.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Robinred

easylife1 26-06-2010 23:24

transfer to PP

I have used Conde taxis twice - last time 3 weeks ago. They were totally reliable, met us at Palma exactly where they said they would be with our name on a board and picked us up at our hotel on time for the return journey. I recommend making initial contact/enquiry via email - use the link on left hand side of this page ' airport transfers and taxis' - they reply very promptly and the email will give you all the info. re meeting place at Palma etc. Their cars are comfortable, air conditioned Mercedes and they charge the set fare 73 euros each way. On the way to PP our driver approached via the coast road- that view of the bayis a lovely start to anyone's holiday.

robbo 27-06-2010 08:35

Conde Taxis

We have used conde taxis a few times and they are very reliable and friendly. But can anyone tell me why they only charge 73 Euros yet i have been told Taxis from the Airport rank charge 90 Euros. We are coming over on the 15th July and are going to try the taxi rank as we want to chill and have a ciggie before getting on the road. I thought all taxis had a set charge set by the authorities. See you soon PP.:)

Sparky 27-06-2010 08:55

The airport taxis have always been more expensive, i don't know but i wonder if it is like the UK's black cabs and private hire cabs, when i lived in Plymouth the black cabs were always dearer :confused:.
Just a suggestion, when booking why don't you ask for the cab for a certain time, this would give you the cheaper price and you would have time for your smoko. ;)

robbo 27-06-2010 10:13

Transfer

Thanks Sparky i'll do that.

Sparky 27-06-2010 10:23

We always used Lorenzo, he is a lovely man and his English is quite good. We had an arrangement to meet outside the Cafe/Bar at the far end of arrivals, he was always early and used to sit and have a coffee while we had a beer and a smoko. The car was always parked just outside, great chilled way to start your hols ;).

sunny 27-06-2010 11:33

We've used them for number of years, great service. We normally email them flight times and get confirmation back with which gate the will be at in arrivals.

robbo 27-06-2010 13:46

Conde

I have emailed Jose Conde and asked if they will wait till we've had our ciggie can't see there being a problem.

favie 27-06-2010 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo (Post 45806)
I have emailed Jose Conde and asked if they will wait till we've had our ciggie can't see there being a problem.

Had a ciggie while chatting to Jose not so long ago, left the others to collect the luggage while I went out to let him know at last we had arrived as we had been delayed for 2 hours because of the volcano....but of course he knew that as they obvisously are checking flight arrivals......but that was my excuse!!! Well worth it not just for the ciggie but Jose is a lovely guy to chat to!!:)
Also had Lorenzo take us back to the apartment one night.....he too is a lovely guy Sparky.(if it is the same one!! more mature chappie??) Took son & daughter-in law to airport on return :)

Sparky 27-06-2010 16:01

Hi Favs, yes honey he is a more mature guy, drives number 29. :D;)

favie 27-06-2010 16:07

Hi Sparky....didn't noticed his number but was very impressed with how well he spoke de English!! Also we had Emily with us and he made a great fuss of her and said how lucky she was to have young Grandparents.....I ask you...maybe his eyesight wasn't as good as his English:D

eleanor 27-06-2010 16:10

Ahh - Spanish charm I think lol

eleanor 27-06-2010 16:13

OMG what have I said? Sorry Favie didn't mean you don't look young and he needs glasses
lol really sorry!

Just meant that the Spanish have a way with words that make you feel wonderful - ehh back to the football, I think before mouth and foot come to mind lol

favie 27-06-2010 16:19

:):D::)

It's perfectly alright Eleonor...I have to agree with you!! I just LOVE that Spanish charm!!

Back to Taxi's :D.......I think they all give a good service...it's just I especially like Jose's Spanish charm.....LOL.

sws97sdg 27-06-2010 16:39

Can I just check the price of the local taxi transfer firms, I assumed they would be cheaper than the standard airport fare, is that not the case?