Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   easy access at airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/6052-easy-access-airport.html)

paulgot 27-05-2010 21:42

easy access at airport

Hi all, we are coming to stay at CSV on the 9th june this year, we have been many times to PP but have alays fancied CSV. On previous occasions we have hired cars and have had the haastle of going in the underground car park with a 1 and 2 year old. I don't mind paying extra but it would be easier (for a stress head) to collect the car at ground level with a 2 and 3 year old. Any ideas would be greatfully received, also any tips for drinking / eating / keeping a 2 + 3 yo happy at the resort.
Regards and thanks in advance
Paul, Vickie, Joseph & Samuel

Gommar Goffer 28-05-2010 00:07

Hi paulgot and welcome - I was not aware of an underground car park - do you have access to areas that us mere mortals do not know about?

Most car hire companies have parking in the multistorey car park or are off site with a short bus drive away. My recommendation, if you want hassle free exit from the airport, in the swiftest time, is to use a company like AutoRoig (no - I am not on commission). They are more expensive than the likes of Record, etc. but you have very little waiting around, good quality cars and excellent customer service should any problems arise which could cause difficulties whith little ones in difficult situation.

kate1 28-05-2010 09:52

Can't comment on CSV as I have never stayed there but re. car hire - we have started using Motos Formentor (based in Puerto Pollensa). They don't have a designated desk at the airport but a rep meets us on the 3rd floor of the car park to hand over keys etc, then takes us to the car - actually, I think he even helped with the cases! - whole transaction takes a matter of minutes and you totally avoid that awful hassle of queuing at the Record desk, which I agree can take hours and really gets the holiday off to a bad start. They are a bit more expensive than Record but it is worth it in my view! Cars are very clean and in excellent condition, and you return them with as much fuel as they had on collection.

You could even leave your kids and other half at the cafe on the ground floor to be fed and watered, and pick them up on the way out - although frankly the car collection process is so quick you'd barely have time to finish a cafe con leche...

pollensa 28-05-2010 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 44327)
Hi paulgot and welcome - I was not aware of an underground car park - do you have access to areas that us mere mortals do not know about?

I'm not aware of one either. Most of the car hire companies with on-airport desks have cars on the ground floor opposite the taxi-rank, some use shuttles & others as mentioned above have cars at various higher levels & either meet you or 'hide' the key somewhere for you.

Re your other queries, please can you post separate questions ih the aprropriate forum or 'miscellaneous' if you're not sure. Thanks. :)

Gommar Goffer 28-05-2010 23:19

Pollensa - can we have an automatic spell checker please ;)

paulgot 29-05-2010 22:08

Thanks all for the replies, after consideration it comes out that for the car is going to be £260 plus, so as we are in CSV and not going to wander out, it woould be easier and cheaper to arrange transfers and get the bus or taxi to PP for supermarket or night out

pollensa 29-05-2010 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 44386)
Pollensa - can we have an automatic spell checker please ;)

Am afraid that this s/w doesn't provide one - I have looked.

Gommar Goffer 29-05-2010 23:54

Best do it ourselves then Pollensa - eh ;)