Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Record - car hire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/6012-record-car-hire.html)

susiejb 19-05-2010 09:04

Record - car hire

I have spent a while looking for car hire for June and, as we have used them in the past, I decided to stick with Record as they have always been excellent.
It was a nice suprise when completing my booking to see that as a member of their 'club' I has accumulated a 33euro discount of my booking.
The total for 18 nights rental came to £265 which I think is very reasonable in comparison to other sites.

Sparky 19-05-2010 09:10

Well done Susie, that does sound like a good deal ;).

sunshine 31-05-2010 19:42

Hi

We hired a Record car in early May of this year - we queued ages for it. It was an dreadful battered old car, we had to take it back! Thay gave us another old and battered car which we drove out of the airport thinking it would be better only to find it was just as bad, we turned round and took it back. we finally got a decent car but what a waste of our time.
For our remaining visits to Mallorca this year we have hired Avis cars - totally reliable quality cars and no older that 6 mths. We get a small discount on these as shareholders but they are still dearer than Record but worth every penny.

susiejb 31-05-2010 20:38

Sorry to hear that after I recommended them.....I can only say we have always been pleased.

its cd 31-05-2010 23:41

we too use record

not always the newest of cars , paticularly last year but never had a problem with any of them or a long wait at the collection window ...... there again I do leave the family to wander off the plane at their own pace and to carry my hand luggage as i sprint to the desk to be one of the first in the queue ...... usually have sorted it all out by the time they have picked up cases and sometimes even by the time they get to me when all we have is hand luggage. We also tend to use early flights from the uk so are collecting around 10am so maybe that helps

the car we got at easter which was like a berlingo but a bit smaller and with a different name ( nemo maybe ) only had 32 miles on the clock

I know people have had problems with record but we will continue using them for as long as we get good service

sunshine 31-05-2010 23:46

Glad you've been lucky but we will never hire a car with them again. The first two cars were the worst hire cars we have ever had in Mallorca. We own an apartment in the port so we come over on average 5 times a year so we have hired a lot of cars.

I hope you continue to be lucky with them

El Gordo 01-06-2010 13:03

Do Record still offer 10% discount to PP Forum members if you phone or email your booking details to them?

Previously this has made them very competitive when added together with your loyalty points discount.

susiejb 01-06-2010 14:59

I think they must do, because I received a discount in addition to my loyalty points.

its cd 01-06-2010 23:39

Yes they do still gove the discount

Sunshine - quite understand why you wont use them again and neither would I if I had had your level of Service

We too use them several times a year and have done so for several years ..... I know a few others who have not had great experiences ...... I am wondering if they give their regular customers decent cars as a matter of course and the other customers just get pot luck ............ or were you a regular customer ?

susiejb 02-06-2010 16:31

Well we are doing this holiday on a budget so as long as it has four wheels and engine and it goes I am not too bothered.

Meerkat 03-06-2010 12:32

We have used Record several times with no problem but this year have decided not to hire. We usually get a Berlingo (plenty of room for 4 adults + assorted luggage and room for shopping stop in Palma supermarket) but this year's price of 600+ euros in August seemed a bit steep. Taxi only 73 euros each way, will meet us at arrivals and take us straight to apartment with no parking problems and to be honest despite our best intentions we don't move much from PP apart from trips to Palma and Pollensa (both easily accessible by bus). I know it's dearer to shop in the port but you need to make an awful lot of savings to make up around 400 euros! However if you see a harrassed woman pushing an overloaded trolley from Eroski muttering 'no-on could drink that much San Miguel in a week' that'll be me!:D Will let you know how we get on!

Celestino 03-06-2010 18:10

Tyres

Please also check the tyres on any old car record give you. Recently we got all the way to Pollença and discovered on parking that the tyres were almost bald and confirmed illegal at a local garage!

Smiddy 04-06-2010 10:41

Meerkat, Think you'll find you'll be fitter and be quids in doing without a car! I simply refuse to pay the ridiculous rates they ask for in the Summer. I know some people are not able-bodied or stay in remote areas, and a car is required, but if more of their regular customers refused to pay then i think you would see rates tumble.

Anyway, don't fancy sitting in some old jalope with dodgy air-condotioning and paying more than what it would cost me to have 3 holidays in PP (flights) and that's for 2.

Jupiter1972 16-07-2010 13:24

Only back last week after a fortnight in PP. We had hired a car from Record and I could not fault it or them in anyway.

The only gripe was the length of the queue at their desk in Palma. We did have to wait about 45-50 mins. There was nobody else collecting cars from any of the other car hire desks but i guess if you go for the cheapest option then you have to be prepared to wait a while. (We paid 300 euros for the fortnight)

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about what car we were going to get after reading some of these posts but we needn't have worried. Our car was a Citroen Nemo with only 1600km on the clock. Couple of minor marks on the car but inside was immaculate.

Dropping the car off was hassle free, easier than with any previous we had. They had a guy standing at the car park who checked over the car as you pulled in so no waiting at this end.

We had family holidaying in PP at the same time and they too got a car from Record. They got a 3 month old VW Caddy, also with low mileage and in relatively good condition.

We would certainly use them again but next time Mr Jupiter will get off the plane pronto and head straight for their desk while I will collect the luggage. That should speed the process up a bit.

helens4622 16-07-2010 14:06

car hire in puerto pollensa

hi could anyone tell me a car hire place in pp we are wanting to book one for 3 days b4 we fly out in august thanks helen