Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2010, 16:15

Default pp forum discount

I have a booking with Record for next month. Can I still get a discount? How exactly is it done - email headoffice or mention it on collection? How do they know you are actually a member of the Forum/pp.com

We had a rather industrial VW Caddy last year, complete with boarded out luggage space with builders and decorators bric a brac remaining.
We guessed it had been bought at auction on the mainland to supplement the shortage of hire cars
It was well shod, stopped in a straight line, and chugged along at a reasonable lick and having booked at the back end of 2008, well before the prices rocketed in 2009, we weren't paying a fortune for the priviledge
Big advantage of it being less than pristine was that phrases like 'take your sandy feet of the seats' and 'don't eat that ice cream in this car' were not needed, which added to relaxed travelling.

I suppose we should have complained but sometimes it's less hassle to go with the flow and just enjoy PP
Sponsored Links
Old 16-07-2010, 18:42

I am not sure that you will can get a discount after booking.......but if you are a member of their Record Club you will accumulate discount points, so if you have hired from them before you should have some points available.
Its worth joining as the points do mount up.
Our little Ford Ka that we had from Record in June was lovely, almost brand new and a brilliant little car for the two of us.
Old 16-07-2010, 19:34

We have used Record for many years and found the cheapest price is through Do You Spain. I usually get quote from DYS then compare going direct with Record, DYS usually beats the direct quote even with 10% discount. Cars have always been OK and we have even managed a free upgrade in the past when the size we pre booked had all gone. We have a booking through DYS for September who, for the first time, tried to give us an off site company so I just emailed and asked for on site pick up and got Record for the same price
Old 16-07-2010, 22:53

Normally book direct (and the loyalty discount is useful) but did try Do You Spain the other week. Very competative quote - unfortunately the came back the day after to say that no Berlingos or similar were available.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by helens4622 View Post
hi could anyone tell me a car hire place in pp we are wanting to book one for 3 days b4 we fly out in august thanks helen
Hi Helens

Not really on the right thread for this request but there is Hiper and
formentor Motos which are both based in PP and both do short term hire (not too sure about peak season though).
If you click on this link it may give you more suggestions.
Discount Car Hire - Mallorca - Majorca - Palma Airport
Old 17-07-2010, 11:59

I think that the last time I used Record I booked through DYS and when I got a confirmation from Recird I e-mailed them to say I was a member of the PP forum and that we got a 10% discount and they e-mailed me an amended total.
Old 18-07-2010, 01:57

Thanks GG. I'll drop them an email. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old 21-07-2010, 06:39

Can someone tell me if Records prices include the extra insurance or is that on top? not 100% clear on the site.

Thanks

Gordon
Old 21-07-2010, 10:38

Gordon - the extra insurance is on top - they spring it on you when you are doing the paperwork
Old 22-07-2010, 06:18

GG cheers think i will stick with the booking i already have

Gordon
Old 08-08-2010, 13:29

Hi, Just a warning about Record. When we arrived on Sat. lunchtime 2 weeks ago there was a massive queue & when friends arrived early evening same day, it took them 3 HOURS to get their car. Queued from 7pm til just after 10pm, taking about 20 mins to process each car. Not very happy people there!
Old 09-08-2010, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbb View Post
Hi, Just a warning about Record. When we arrived on Sat. lunchtime 2 weeks ago there was a massive queue & when friends arrived early evening same day, it took them 3 HOURS to get their car. Queued from 7pm til just after 10pm, taking about 20 mins to process each car. Not very happy people there!
Cheryl

This is one reason why I don't use Record. They are always busy and when I arrive in Palma, I want to get my car and start the holiday asap. I like to go with one of the big international names. You pay a bit more but don't get ripped off on fuel policies either. In saying that, this is peak season so I would expect them to be busy but 20 mins to turnaround a car is hopeless, even 10 minutes is too long!

Adios

Dave
Old 09-08-2010, 22:11

Yes, I agree Dave. We were lucky & got Avis with our apartment, no queue, straight in office, key taken out of drawer, Form printed & signed, no fuel charges etc. All done in 5 mins & hubby still waiting for luggage. Brilliant for a Saturday in July!
We did say that we would not use Record after seeing & hearing about the queues. Luckily, as we'd arrived earlier, we did a quick shop for our friends as they had 2 children & didn't get time to get drinks etc.
Old 10-08-2010, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbb View Post
Think I would have given up and got on a bus!
Old 06-09-2010, 20:43

Booked car ages ago through Do You Spain for a Clio with Record which, at the time, was cheap at 206 Euros. OH was moaning today about having a Clio as we usually get a Focus but had downsized due to price increase. Just checked the Record website and have got a Focus for 150 Euros for a week starting this Friday. I hope it works out as things usually cost us more not less...