Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2010, 17:03

Default Cancelled car hire

Due to the Volcanic ash, easyJet decided to cancel my flights out to Palma for early this morning but have rebooked to come out on the 2nd May at now cost
However I had a car booked through DoyouSpain (good deal at 110Euro for 7 days and full/full fuel policy) but despite 3 emails and lots of calls, just wont answer them I couldn't cancel the booking. I have looked at their site and they say the cancellation / amendment charges are free and want to rebook but can't!! I pre-paid, hmmm so should I keep trying with them or contact my Credit card company? Any suggestions welcomed...
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2010, 19:53

We prepaid with Europcar and needed to change pickup time due flight change - could not alter on prepaid booking, company said we would need to cancel and rebook! Could be the similar for you? Good luck.
Old 22-04-2010, 13:07

Smile

All sorted, DoYouSpain were very helpful and understanding when I called them, although they never actually responded to my numerous emails! They have provided a full refund and I rebooked with them for the 2nd May, although the same car is now 15 Euros more and with Record and not Auriga Crown. Only 9 more days to go until the 1st visit this year
Old 22-04-2010, 14:15

Manda

Just so that you are aware, I think you may find that Record operate a Full - Empty fuel policy.

Enjoy your stay.

Pasted from records Web site:

Record Go Destinations

Fuel Policy: Alicante, Malaga and Majorca:

In order to offer the best service possible at Alicante, Malaga, and Mallorca Airport, the vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel with the following options:

- For rentals with a duration of 4 or more rental days, the customer will pay in advance for a full tank of fuel and will have to return the vehicle as empty as possible. Please, be aware that unused fuel will not be refunded.

- For rentals with a duration of less than 4 days, the following options would apply:

Full-Half: Customer will pay for half a tank of fuel and the vehicle will have to be returned half.
Full-Empty: Customer will pay for a full tank of fuel and it will have to be returned as empty as possible.
Full-Full: Customer will have to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.
Fuel prices may vary depending on the vehicle's model and on the market prices at the moment of collection.

Regarding the Full-Half option, Record Go would like to inform that, in the event the vehicle is returned will less fuel than agreed upon collection, the missing fuel plus a 15-euro processing fee will be charged to the customer.

In the same way, with regard to the Full-Full option, if the vehicle is not returned full, the missing fuel and a 15-euro processing fee will be charged to the customer.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 22-04-2010 at 14:21. Reason: Added details of record's fuel policy
Old 22-04-2010, 14:21

Record were a full - empty policy when we travelled a couple of weeks ago. Was about 65 euro cost for a Ford Focus.
Old 22-04-2010, 15:09

Yep, having used Record/Goldcar/Hyper/Centauro in the past I was pleased when the original quote came back with Auriga and with their fuel policy.

But now will just have to suffer full/half but I guess the saving grace is that Record have all my contact details and hopefully it normally doesn't take that long to do the formalities once you get to the front of the queue

Early morning flight that is supposed to arrive at 10:00 local time on Sunday so hopefully quiet in the airport.