Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13

Quite liked the arrangement with Terrys, but they quoted me 770e for 2 weeks in August. I wanted a Focus Estate, but could only offer me a standard Focus.
Got a quote from drivespain/Goldcar 646e and that was an estate.

Bit of a difference from the 275e I paid last year.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 00:05

Well I wrote to Terry's and the best they could offer me was 445 euros for 9 days in July for a focus estate

So I'll stick with Record who will give me (an albeit battered) Barlingo for 294 euros for 12 days
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26

Haven't used Terrys yet but having read such good reviews on the Forum have booked with them for this Summer.

We were very pleased with Terrys quote - 411 euros for 14 days from 21 August. This price included a full tank of fuel. This is for a 5 door Clio. Record wanted 574 euros before the fuel was added to it which would have made it well over 600 euros and all inclusive car hire (which has usually been Goldcar) wanted 594 euros plus fuel.

It may just be a case of supply and demand. One renter may have a bigger stock of a particular model.

I must say the thought of not queuing for ages at the airport to get paperwork and keys certainly appeals!
Old 06-07-2010, 14:43

Anybody used Terrys this year yet, as we are using them for the first time this year & wondered what people who have used them already thought.
Old 06-07-2010, 14:57

These prices seem very expensive. Has the price of car hire in the summer months increased even more from the silly prices of last year?
Old 06-07-2010, 15:05

Sorry - just read other post 'don't delay on car hire'!
Old 06-07-2010, 16:42

We paid £185.00 for a week in June. including a full tank of diesal and we were more than pleased. It was a Fiesta and in a nice clean condition, furthermore no hassle you just pick it up from the multi storey car park and you leave it the same way, then phone them to say where you have left it. What i really liked is that you can go directly across to Departures
Old 20-07-2010, 12:15
Under Moderation

To protect you from embarrassment in life, insurance is the solution. To calculate the number of coverage you need to include medical and damage coverage in the agreement. It is responsibility of the renter to get right policy for themselves which covers them for medical and damage cover so that they don’t need to buy separate insurance.

So while you are worried about the model of car, you should be worried about the Car Hire Excess Insurance cover company

Last edited by pollensa; 20-07-2010 at 13:08. Reason: Advertising Link removed
Old 20-07-2010, 13:09
Founder

As Terry's do not offer 'Excess' insurance it's worth looking at Insurance4CarHire
Old 20-07-2010, 13:28

Terry's price includes no excess.
Old 01-08-2010, 22:14

Default Thumbs up for Terry's

Just returned from PP. Used Terry's and must say it was all very easy and the best value that we found at teh time of booking (back in April or so).

I'd happily use them again.
Old 06-09-2010, 14:43

We also found Terry's excellent value and it was a delight to just go to the carpark and get into the car instead of queuing for up to an hour. We will certainly be using them again.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22

Just back after using Terry's & would recommend them. Car had a few dints & scratches, but car was 4 years old & diesel which is a bonus. Fantastic pick up & drop off with no waiting around, just get in & drive off. Will be using them again.