Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 20:13

Default Goldcar fuel prices?

Just wondering if anyone knows how much Goldcar are likely to charge for the tank of fuel, am trying to work out how much to budget. It's the smallest kind of car available but people's experiences seem to vary massively and have no idea what it's going to cost!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 20:50

We have used Goldcar in the past, I would estimate 40-55 euros, something like that!
Old 12-01-2010, 20:57

Think their last charge to me was 70 euro for a tank of diesel on a Citroen C3. Daughter drives a C2 in UK which I think is the same tank - at current prices that costs her £36 to fill with unleaded so from that expect to pay twice as much as the value of the contents!!
Old 12-01-2010, 22:04

Think it was around 50/55 when i was over a month ago, and that was for a C3! The weather was so good i gave it back with 3/4 of a tank must be a way we can syphon it out
Old 12-01-2010, 22:37

Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Think it was around 50/55 when i was over a month ago, and that was for a C3! The weather was so good i gave it back with 3/4 of a tank must be a way we can syphon it out
thanks, I'm not very good with car types but think a C3 is a 'supermini' class? so probably similar to whatever I'm getting... We're staying for 2 weeks so will try and get our euro's worth, even if it entails circling the airport on the last day

Have just had a look online - though Goldcar was the cheapest a few months ago, Autoeurope is quoting £115 (E130 I think) while Goldcar are charging E293. Might have to check if it's too late to cancel with Goldcar as that is an insane difference!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 23:01
Founder

If you've already booked then the hire price you pay will be what you were quoted when you booked (even if you didn't pay up front) not what they quote now. If you haven't paid, you can cancel at any time.

If you get offered a free upgrade to a larger car when you arrive, do ask how much the fuel will be as a larger car may have a larger fuel tank i.e. cost more.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
If you've already booked then the hire price you pay will be what you were quoted when you booked (even if you didn't pay up front) not what they quote now. If you haven't paid, you can cancel at any time.

If you get offered a free upgrade to a larger car when you arrive, do ask how much the fuel will be as a larger car may have a larger fuel tank i.e. cost more.
Hmmm, well I could try and negotiate the price down but it sounds like it might be easier to just cancel it as haven't paid anything yet... If it was only a few euros I wouldn't bother but this is a massive difference so probably worth a bit of hassle. Although for all I know Auto Europe use Goldcar - guess I'll have to wait and see!
Thanks!
Old 13-01-2010, 21:14

Well I just cancelled and rebooked with Auto Europe, and according to the docs it's with Goldcar anyhow!! Mad...
Old 14-01-2010, 12:21

That's how it goes! Proves we should all really do our homework!
Old 15-03-2010, 16:01

That's really weird. Do Euto Europe use only Goldcar in Majorca? Rental companies usually give discounts for brokers, but I guess not that massive!
Old 16-03-2010, 16:04

Default Good prices available early season

I've just checked with Auto Europe available through the link on the left for car hire.....they've quoted £40 cheaper than anywhere else for the first week in May. They seem to have an offer on. The company they are offering it through are Centauro who we've used before. Good cars, good service but a 5 minute minibus transfer from the airport.