Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 15:36
Founder

Thumbs up 4% Discount off ResortHoppa

Great news! We now have a discount voucher that entitles you to 4% off ResortHoppa, the excellent shuttle service, for any bookings made in January. The shuttle service in Majorca starts at £5.99 p.p.

For more info just visit ResortHoppa & enter voucher code HOPDISC4 when you book.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 13:01
Banned

"The shuttle service in Majorca starts at £5.99 p.p."

Many thanks for the voucher code but please be aware that the price is nowhere near this amount for dates I'm coming to PP in January and February.

I don't know when the £18 return I've used restarts?

Can anyone help atall?

Also, for my arrival in February, how frequent are buses from the airport to the main bus terminal in palma and then onto PP?

Thanks for any help and Happy New Year to everyone.

Nick
Old 06-01-2010, 14:32
Founder

Hi Nick, I think that the £5.99 will refer to Majorca in general so it may be based on somewhere closer than Puerto Pollensa. Also it will refer to the shared shuttle buses that are in use during the 'season'. During Jan & Feb I should think there are only private taxis available.

As for when the shuttle buses start, why don't you contact them - see Resorthoppa.com/contact-us & do report back.
Old 06-01-2010, 14:42

I checked the prices and it worked out to nearly £190 rtn for the two of us...stick to out taxi i think
Old 06-01-2010, 15:33

ALL the shuttle services to PP start from 1st April through to 31st October.
This is standard every year. Outside these dates the companies will only quote you for Taxi services.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2010, 18:05
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
I checked the prices and it worked out to nearly £190 rtn for the two of us...stick to out taxi i think
That must have been for their taxi service out of season. I've just checked for June & it was £9.63 for one person one way which is about what I paid when I came out in September.

Thanks Gina for the shuttle dates. The best times to use these companies are Apr-Oct. Otherwise the taxis that advertise on our pages will be better value at about 73 EUR each way (2009 price) - see puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html#taxis
Old 06-01-2010, 21:48

I've read serveral bad reviews about Resorthoppa on another forum. Have they improved? I'm not coming till May but wondering should I book now?
Old 06-01-2010, 22:00
Founder

If you book now you'll get the discount but apart from that I don't know if they get booked up. My only experience was a trip in September when I came out on my own. We had to wait a bit & the driver wasn't too friendly. Fortunately I knew where I was going & also helped the couple who were staying at the Hostal Bahia but were initially dropped outside the Bahia Pollensa! He then wanted to drop them by the Marina & walk down the front. I suggested they got off at the Oro Playa with me (nearest to my apt) & then directed them to the Bahia. So I can see it may be a bit difficult if you don't know the area & are used to having a rep look after you.

For one or two people who don't want to hire a car, I think it's pretty good value.
Old 07-01-2010, 18:02
Banned

Thanks to all for the transport replies.

I've used Resorthoppa twice now and they were very good. Did exactly what they say they do.

There will always be a bad occasion/experience as with everything I suppose?

(But I have heard more positive than negative reviews).

Hope this helps.

Nick

(roll on Feb !!!!)