Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   4% Discount off ResortHoppa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/5501-4-discount-off-resorthoppa.html)

pollensa 05-01-2010 15:36

4% Discount off ResortHoppa

http://banners.affiliatefuture.com/1637/91249.gif

Great news! We now have a discount voucher that entitles you to 4% off ResortHoppa, the excellent shuttle service, for any bookings made in January. The shuttle service in Majorca starts at £5.99 p.p.

For more info just visit ResortHoppa & enter voucher code HOPDISC4 when you book.

Nick 06-01-2010 13:01

"The shuttle service in Majorca starts at £5.99 p.p."

Many thanks for the voucher code but please be aware that the price is nowhere near this amount for dates I'm coming to PP in January and February.

I don't know when the £18 return I've used restarts?

Can anyone help atall?

Also, for my arrival in February, how frequent are buses from the airport to the main bus terminal in palma and then onto PP?

Thanks for any help and Happy New Year to everyone.

Nick

pollensa 06-01-2010 14:32

Hi Nick, I think that the £5.99 will refer to Majorca in general so it may be based on somewhere closer than Puerto Pollensa. Also it will refer to the shared shuttle buses that are in use during the 'season'. During Jan & Feb I should think there are only private taxis available.

As for when the shuttle buses start, why don't you contact them - see Resorthoppa.com/contact-us & do report back.:)

CathB 06-01-2010 14:42

I checked the prices and it worked out to nearly £190 rtn for the two of us...stick to out taxi i think

gina39uk 06-01-2010 15:33

ALL the shuttle services to PP start from 1st April through to 31st October.
This is standard every year. Outside these dates the companies will only quote you for Taxi services.

Hope this helps.

pollensa 06-01-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 38117)
I checked the prices and it worked out to nearly £190 rtn for the two of us...stick to out taxi i think

That must have been for their taxi service out of season. I've just checked for June & it was £9.63 for one person one way which is about what I paid when I came out in September.

Thanks Gina for the shuttle dates. The best times to use these companies are Apr-Oct. Otherwise the taxis that advertise on our pages will be better value at about 73 EUR each way (2009 price) - see puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html#taxis

bannergal 06-01-2010 21:48

I've read serveral bad reviews about Resorthoppa on another forum. Have they improved? I'm not coming till May but wondering should I book now?

pollensa 06-01-2010 22:00

If you book now you'll get the discount but apart from that I don't know if they get booked up. My only experience was a trip in September when I came out on my own. We had to wait a bit & the driver wasn't too friendly. Fortunately I knew where I was going & also helped the couple who were staying at the Hostal Bahia but were initially dropped outside the Bahia Pollensa! He then wanted to drop them by the Marina & walk down the front.:eek: I suggested they got off at the Oro Playa with me (nearest to my apt) & then directed them to the Bahia. So I can see it may be a bit difficult if you don't know the area & are used to having a rep look after you.

For one or two people who don't want to hire a car, I think it's pretty good value.

Nick 07-01-2010 18:02

Thanks to all for the transport replies.

I've used Resorthoppa twice now and they were very good. Did exactly what they say they do.

There will always be a bad occasion/experience as with everything I suppose?

(But I have heard more positive than negative reviews).

Hope this helps.

Nick

(roll on Feb !!!!)